Deleted

need some advice on mobile devices

Every day I need to take 2 train rides for work that usually last around 3 quarters of an hour. Currently, i take a book with me, but at the speed i read them, i'm soon to be through my supply (I usually finish a 700 page book in 1 to 1.5 weeks, but my job lasts another 8 weeks, and most of my books are shorter). apart from that, it's possible we're going to spain by car this winter holiday (i asked for it because of fear to fly) and it's a 16 hour drive (optimistic count), and i'd like to have something to do other than reading.

now, because i've had some extra bandwidth the past month, i've downloaded about half the Jesse Cox Skyrim playlist in 480P (mostly because my downloader was too slow to download 50 hours of 1080P youtube in 1 day and for 30 GB). I'm now hoping there's a device that you can plug in a headphone, that runs .flv (default youtube download format), isn't too expensive (3-400 EUR).

along this, i've also been looking for a smartphone, because i'm still using a Nokia phone that was old when I bought it 6 years ago. I've found a cellphone that i'm kinda interested in, a Samsung Galaxy (or something along those lines, forgot the complete name already). it had everything i wanted, namely WiFi, GPS, 3G and a decent CPU and memory. it also was inside my budget (same as for the device above).

now, before you say "get an iPhone", I'm not going to spend 600 EUR for a phone. if i were to spend 600 EUR on anything, it's to upgrade my computer's GPU to a GTX 680 and buy 2 games on Steam along with it. my budget is 300-400 EUR for either alone. also, i'm hoping the phone can play downloaded .flv without conversion, and as far as I know, an iPhone can't do that. and converting 30 .flv to an iOS readable format would take a long time.

so, any suggestions?

thats the beauty of android. Loads of choices, and good prices.

HTC, Samsung, and Motorola all make excellent phones. With your budget you can probably go fairly high end. Droid razer maxx is good, HTC One, and the new Samsung phones are all good bets.