Poll: Is Jaina's new character something you're looking forward to?

Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    She should hate the horde and help alliance win the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Except, that with the info leaked on the raid of orgrimmar, they told us Varian would say something like 'Save the innocents, We're not here to conquer these people, were here to bring down there corrupt leader'.

My guess will be, that Varian comes around in this expansion at the end, and would be finally ready for peace with Thrall, thanks to Anduin and the Pandaren. But well he would wish this, Jaina will now be changed beyond himself, and having snapped, tells him there can never be peace, and leaves the alliances because of it, becoming a kind of Maiev like character.

Don't get me wrong, it makes me sad thinking about Jaina being twisted by war into something she would have stood against once, but I can see them doing this just to up Varians character.

You seem quite quick to write Jaina off Trassk. There're other ways to maintain the "war" in warcraft without her going rogue.

We still have Maiev running around. The next incidents could be here and her Watchers running around killing Horde making everyone think Alliance night Elves are doing it.

We still have Moira in the dwarven council stirring shit up.

Unless Thrall orders their eradication the Warsong will still be around.

The goblin leader

etc.

Anddd....

The latest voiceovers on the main page kinda says it all doesn't it.

The siege was a feint and the explosion was no accident. The bombing was intentional.
    Last edited by RyanEX; 2012-06-05 at 08:22 AM.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    For some reason reminded me of Daenerys Targaryen
    Yeah, was thinking the same

I'll kill Garrosh, but I don't want peace. Honestly Blizzard, stop making the alliance such wooses, I know you want to paing Varian like the holy messiah, but for fuck sake humanise him, let him act on anger, let him want war for a change, don't destroy that character too.
    I'm sick of this crap, how much do we need to damage the Alliance before they stop talking about peace like passive prison bitches?!

Deleted
    First of all - what makes you guys think Jaina was ever a good person? She let her father die to the Orcs even when it was apparently well within her power to save him AND avoid the conflict with the Orcs. (Remember the battle for Undercity? Why could she not do with her father what she did with Varian? Teleport him and his Soldiers away?) Was probably happy to get rid of him, remain the leader of her people and blame the Orcs for the death while appearing as a peacenik.

On a more serious note: the whole Jaina story is in its core flawed. Jaina, as Garrosh, have just been vehicles to make Thrall look good. "Look, Thrall is sooo nice (even while having the Warsong slaughter Nightelves), he even has a human friend (who does not care if Thrall slaughters Nightelves)!" Half her people come from Kul Tiras - she should have had a rebellion on her hands when she offered her father to the Orcs. Or does anyone really believe that MrAverageSoldier who lived through the second War would sacrifice a warhero to keep filthy Orcs happy? The other half of her people are survivors of Lordaeron. And Jaina, when given the Chance to reclaim that home together with Varian at the battle of Undercity, betrayed them too. Or does anyone think that MrAverageSoldier who was forced to flee his homeland would not want to reclaim it? So why is Jaina still in charge? She should have been dangling from a lamppost after Undercity because she betrayed "her people" twice to save Green Jesus. The story so far is simply bad writing - because she as a character is only there to support Thralls story. (Remember Thralls Wedding.)

And from the sound of the Horde-Scenario the writing does not get better. That the Bloodelves are so far gone in the hatred of their former allies (who also helped them reclaim the sunwell and fill it with "Light" btw.) that they would want to wipe out a city full of civilians with a manabomb is quite a stretch. So the Bloodelves are now in the same category as Sylvanas - using WMD on civilians. Btw: is it possible that the Horde gets all the WMD? What kind of special weapons does the Alliance have? Nothing? No wonder Alliance needs the help of the Horde to raid Orgrimmar. Thank God the Horde is the underdog in this fight. Would hate to see them dominate the whole conflict.
    Last edited by mmoc394ca3d3d0; 2012-06-05 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wopotter View Post
    What kind of special weapons does the Alliance have? Nothing? No wonder Alliance needs the help of the Horde to raid Orgrimmar. Thank God the Horde is the underdog in this fight. Would hate to see them dominate the whole conflict.
    Um, you have a demi-god gladiator king and his son, mr. super-popularity who can win anyone over with a wink, a super-sorceress who is about to have her whole personality rearanged and a maniacal nelf that's backed up by a godess.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I think she's just really pissed that Thalen Songweaver has such a good voice actor.

She'll get over it.

From the events I managed to understand the following.

The Horde arrive in Theramore to do a siege. They use a bomb to do some major damage.

For some reason the siege in the end failed and the Alliance arrived to push the Horde out of there and reclaim Theramore. Am I right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wopotter View Post
    No wonder Alliance needs the help of the Horde to raid Orgrimmar. Thank God the Horde is the underdog in this fight. Would hate to see them dominate the whole conflict.
    We're (Alliance) helping them, not the other way around. We're helping them rid themselves of their own dictator who has plunged them into a war. The Alliance don't employ crazy methods to win wars like the Horde does, it's never been our style.

A war of which they are apparently set to lose. While they haven't directly said they will lose the war, the fact is that things happen which would indicate this. For starters the Horde forces eventually rebel against Garrosh once they realise they are losing, they either throw in the towel and team up, or don't want to fight someone else war that they are losing, regardless the Horde's forced withdraw from the conflict to dispose of Garrosh. We also know that Garrosh does some crazy, now iirc he starts to lose his cool after suffering some defeats so does something so stupid it makes both factions pause and question the Horde leadership. The fact the Alliance win could also be this silly fist pumping thing Metzen mentioned.

I'd just like to say the fact its the Blood Elves (technically) that destroy Theramore, along with goblin engineers. I'm kinda pissed off about our two races. Draenei have done nothing since TBC, whereas Blood Elves have had something fairly noticeable each expansion. The Worgen were already forgotten in the expansion they were introduced and seem set to continue this trend.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-06-05 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    she scares me

And btw Evilfish that's the only thing we managed to agree today. The lore was so shitty written that the Horde needed to do so much damage in order for the Alliance to snap out of it and finally start doing something. I do not worry though. Those peace wussies as you say will be outside of Orgrimmar razing your city to the ground, impaling your warchief. There shal be no mercy and no camps this time. All the Garrosh supporters will be turned into cupcakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I'll kill Garrosh, but I don't want peace. Honestly Blizzard, stop making the alliance such wooses, I know you want to paing Varian like the holy messiah, but for fuck sake humanise him, let him act on anger, let him want war for a change, don't destroy that character too.
    I'm sick of this crap, how much do we need to damage the Alliance before they stop talking about peace like passive prison bitches?!
    The problem is that the Alliance haven't been portrayed as wooses or anything of the sort since Varian stuck his chin into the Undercity, in fact it's been the opposite. What people see as the Alliance being lazy and wanting peace is simply the fact that there was no development, as they got no development the only conclusion that can be made from this is that they don't want to fight, which is just not true.
    No development doesn't mean peace loving, it just means Blizzard didn't care about the Alliance side of the story.

Captian Drok: Kill the Proudmore bitch

Me: YES SIR

god i love being in the horde

Also Plz blizz dont remove that quote from that orc guy

And I love making Cupcakes out of the Garrosh followers. BTW I invite you all to the party that will start after the Siege of Orgrimmar. There will be a new type of food along with the Horde Cupcakes there. My new creation Garrosh Muffins.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, after listening to the video of the hordes version of the siege, it pretty much confirms it, all those attacking theramore are not only following Garrosh's command, but they knew a bomb was coming, they knew it would be dropped and kill everyone on theramore.

I just have to wonder wtf are they doing to the horde here? This horde isn't anymore the noble yet savage group that faught against the legion or scourge, now they perform dishonorable acts.

And hey, all those tools who said Garrosh disliked the idea of a bomb being used on the druid school in stonetalon so much he killed his own commander for it, well seems like he does exactly the same thing. I'm tired of you lot defending Garrosh like he's blameless of war crimes, and those that follow him.

I do Not intend to do this event. screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    And I love making Cupcakes out of the Garrosh followers. BTW I invite you all to the party that will start after the Siege of Orgrimmar. There will be a new type of food along with the Horde Cupcakes there. My new creation Garrosh Muffins.
    I wouldn't be counting your chickens before they hatch. Garrosh might not die, and even if he does it might not be players who kill him.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You know, after listening to the video of the hordes version of the siege, it pretty much confirms it, all those attacking theramore are not only following Garrosh's command, but they knew a bomb was coming, they knew it would be dropped and kill everyone on theramore.

I just have to wonder wtf are they doing to the horde here? This horde isn't anymore the noble yet savage group that faught against the legion or scourge, now they perform dishonorable acts.

And hey, all those tools who said Garrosh disliked the idea of a bomb being used on the druid school in stonetalon so much he killed his own commander for it, well seems like he does exactly the same thing. I'm tired of you lot defending Garrosh like he's blameless of war crimes, and those that follow him.

I do Not intend to do this event. screw it.
    From the voice over, my guess is the orc commander and the spy and the crew of the airship with the 'arcane payload' knew about it. From the sound of things, the average soldier did not. You could potentially go in unaware of it, and your character only finding out when you talk to the elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    From the voice over, my guess is the orc commander and the spy and the crew of the airship with the 'arcane payload' knew about it. From the sound of things, the average soldier did not. You could potentially go in unaware of it, and your character only finding out when you talk to the elf.
    Considering what garrosh did to the last guy that used a bomb without his permission I'd agree with you to a degree. Perhaps this is what starts the rebellion against Garosh, and who knows, maybe a few hordies get toasted as well which make things even more intense back in the Horde.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I Dont get what the fuss is all about it seems like a legitimate military tactic to me

you dont see the US or any western military not using a similar tactic

The US used to use daisy cutter bombs on military installations all the time they still do any modern military bombs targets. The reason stonetalon was an exception was the fact the target was peaceful it wasnt a military target it was a school for druids but a over zealous and psychotic orc wanted to see it turn to ash and he got what was coming to him.

This is Total War ladies and gentlemen Theramore is supplying troops from stormwind to attack horde bases in the barrens and they are at the gates of mulgore
    droping a huge arcane bomb on the place makes sense to me.

I know this is not considered honorable but hey war isnt honorable and anyone who says otherwise is a fool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I Dont get what the fuss is all about it seems like a legitimate military tactic to me

you dont see the US or any western military not using a similar tactic

The US used to use daisy cutter bombs on military installations all the time they still do any modern military bombs targets. The reason stonetalon was an exception was the fact the target was peaceful it wasnt a military target it was a school for druids but a over zealous and psychotic orc wanted to see it turn to ash and he got what was coming to him.

This is Total War ladies and gentlemen Theramore is supplying troops from stormwind to attack horde bases in the barrens and they are at the gates of mulgore
    droping a huge arcane bomb on the place makes sense to me.

I know this is not considered honorable but hey war isnt honorable and anyone who says otherwise is a fool
    This is not like using a daisy cutter to take out a hangar or a fuel depot. This is more like the US dropping the bomb on Nagasaki, but not with a hope to end a war in a swift fashion and attempt to advert a lengthy and bloody land invasion like the US had. The horde are doign this to "practically" kick the war off, or to kick it into high gear... the devil is in the details, and that's a BIG detail.

The horde in this scenario lay seige to Theramore (LAY SEIGE, that means not let anything in or out) with the hopes to drop a massive bomb on the population trapped inside the city. That's pretty damning.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-06-05 at 12:29 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect