Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Divine Intervention

Trolling purposes aside, it was a very good raid-recovering spell.
    Also a very good way to stop that overzealous healer from healing when raid leader called a wipe.

Sadly, Blizzard removed it in Cataclysm, and it doesn't look like they want to give it back.

Could anyone with access to US beta forums post a topic there calling to give it back ? We had one on EU forums for quite some time, yet it seems like it was completely ignored by blues.
    But please, if anyone is going to make a topic there about it, use above reasons. Not the trolling purposes, it won't help to bring back that wonderful spell.

Yes! Do this! I really miss this spell, and I don't even play a Pally main :P

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved that spell. I watched my GM hearth once, and timed my DI just as the cast went off. She ended up bubbled in IF, confused as hell.

Loved the spell as well. Was great that you didn't take any durability loss when using it. Whenever wipes happened, i always used it to save myself some gold haha and one of my closer friends :P

That being said, i believe they removed it because of people using it to exploit in some raids, ulduar to be specific, and they didn't want to deal with situations like that again so axed the spell. Greats shame, wish they'd give it us back.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    DI was one of the spells which made playing paladin fun for me. Something special only paladins could do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Trolling purposes aside, it was a very good raid-recovering spell.
    Also a very good way to stop that overzealous healer from healing when raid leader called a wipe.

Sadly, Blizzard removed it in Cataclysm, and it doesn't look like they want to give it back.

Could anyone with access to US beta forums post a topic there calling to give it back ? We had one on EU forums for quite some time, yet it seems like it was completely ignored by blues.
    But please, if anyone is going to make a topic there about it, use above reasons. Not the trolling purposes, it won't help to bring back that wonderful spell.
    It had no other use than raid recovery. In a game where "getting back to the raid" doesn't involve running 5+ minutes from the graveyard, raid recovery isn't really utility anymore. The spell has no place in the current design of WoW, and I don't see that niche returning in the future.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    It had no other use than raid recovery. In a game where "getting back to the raid" doesn't involve running 5+ minutes from the graveyard, raid recovery isn't really utility anymore. The spell has no place in the current design of WoW, and I don't see that niche returning in the future.
    True, but the spell was FUN.
    Isn't that what playing a game is all about?
    Would be happy if we could get it back, even if we couldnt use it in raids/battlegrounds/arenas

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember my paladin friends trolling me so much, I eventually made a Power Aura stating when I had DI.

However, its usefulness in wipe recovery was amazing. Those stating that "wipe recovery times are shorter, so it doesnt matter", well, Wipe Recovery hasnt been an issue since early TBC. (Sunwell, the GY was close to the raid, unlike Hellfire, where you had to run for about 2 mins to get to Mag's Lair, Gruuls, where it was another minute run, ect, compared to Wrath, 30 second run for T7, 10 second run for T9, 10 second run for T10, 20 second run for T8)

Of course, certain fights mandated usage of DI (Saurfang heroic, DI whoever had the Fallen thing in order to prevent the boss from being healed, rebirth the paladin) in order for it to go smoothly (I believe that using DI on the tank for Iron Concil during hard mode was also a given).

Its trolling potential notwithstanding, I believe that DI should return as a unique wipe-recovery (give it a 30 second timer, if it ends and you are still in combat, instant death)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    True, but the spell was FUN.
    Isn't that what playing a game is all about?
    Would be happy if we could get it back, even if we couldnt use it in raids/battlegrounds/arenas
    The only problem with using "fun" as a metric is that it's subjective. I agree, that's what playing a game should be about, but when a spell's existence is justified by "it's fun" and has major ramifications on encounter design, I see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Of course, certain fights mandated usage of DI (Saurfang heroic, DI whoever had the Fallen thing in order to prevent the boss from being healed, rebirth the paladin) in order for it to go smoothly (I believe that using DI on the tank for Iron Concil during hard mode was also a given).
    That, I think, is one of the major reasons that they removed it. They didn't want to have to continually add exceptions to it, and they didn't want to have to consider it every time they designed an encounter. Also, for bleeding edge progression, it would make a Paladin a required class to have in the raid, and that's something that they're emphatically against.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Its trolling potential notwithstanding, I believe that DI should return as a unique wipe-recovery (give it a 30 second timer, if it ends and you are still in combat, instant death)
    Then you shoe-horn it even harder in to a place that doesn't even have much effect on current gameplay, which would make a lot of people say "why do we have this again?".
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

It would be nice to add it in as a minor glyph, like Confession or Detection (Priest and Rogue, respectively).

But, of course, instead of the very powerful effect, it should just kill the Paladin so they take no durability (Doesn't bubble a friendly anymore)

15+ Year Old Account
    they added the new paladin glyph that just makes you kneel with a shining light, thats prely a fun spell, they could surely do something similar to bring back this spell but remove any thing that makes it "OP" for raiding etc, just keep the fun aspect of it somehow =p

Unfortunately we play a homogenised game now. Holy Light is Nourish. Divine Light is Healing Touch. Regrowth is Flash of Light.

And so on and so forth. Classes might play differently, but remember that Blizzard's ultimate intention/aspiration is for all classes to be equal in what they do, so whatever it is that they might do, it all adds up the same; all roads lead to Rome/Equal Tanking/Equal DPS/Equal Healing.

With that in mind, just as they removed flavour quests, they have also removed flavour spells that they now view as making certain classes sticks in the mud. Divine Intervention was one of them, because it transcended homogenisation and actually gave a useful, unique effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man I use to DI someone guarding in bg's man i miss that spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

God I miss it.

I used to always use it when a hunter in my group would use Feign Death.

Deleted
    With mass rezz and the amount of classes that can escape combat, there's really no need for it. On top of that, every graveyard is a 10 second walk away from the entrance portal, where you're then given a Portal to take you to the boss you were on. Even mass rezz is fairly useless in Dragon Soul, by the time the boss has reset for the vanished person to be able to rezz you all, you're already at the portal, unless you sat around not bothering to release.

On top of all of these reasons why it's useless, it's in fact harmful to LFR groups. It's bad enough when some jerk decides to taunt Amalgamations away from the plate just before they explode, or Priests life gripping you into the Frost Walls on Hagara, but imagine if Paladins had the ability to kill themselves, as well as taking a Tank out of combat. And you want all of this because you think it's 'fun' or you think that Blizzard are homogenising classes too much (just, lol)?

10+ Year Old Account
    God I miss this spell. It perfectly fits in with Mass Resurrection.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    With mass rezz and the amount of classes that can escape combat, there's really no need for it. On top of that, every graveyard is a 10 second walk away from the entrance portal, where you're then given a Portal to take you to the boss you were on. Even mass rezz is fairly useless in Dragon Soul, by the time the boss has reset for the vanished person to be able to rezz you all, you're already at the portal, unless you sat around not bothering to release.

On top of all of these reasons why it's useless, it's in fact harmful to LFR groups. It's bad enough when some jerk decides to taunt Amalgamations away from the plate just before they explode, or Priests life gripping you into the Frost Walls on Hagara, but imagine if Paladins had the ability to kill themselves, as well as taking a Tank out of combat. And you want all of this because you think it's 'fun' or you think that Blizzard are homogenising classes too much (just, lol)?
    We want it because it's fun and we like to have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    We want it because it's fun and we like to have fun.
    And being griefed in LFR is fun? Or are you the guy who does the griefing?

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    And being griefed in LFR is fun? Or are you the guy who does the griefing?
    I like how you talk about 'griefing' in LFR like it's very serious business, then make fun of us for wanting a spell just because it's fun and adds flavor to our class.

When did completing a welfare raid 10 minutes quicker become more important than fun?