Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Only discovered 'Elective Mode' after clearing Hell" crew sign in

i feel dumb enough to join the cast of Jersey shore

i know i cant be the only one though lol

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    So, we had threads about quitting WoW, now you guys are just going to make threads about people making threads about quitting WoW?
    This isn't inception, no need to go derper.

I did the same, I noticed it when people were posting Inferno builds and they had a skill set that I couldn't literally select :P

I discovered it in the middle of nightmare, I really don't understand why they made no choice the default -.- people can handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that thing on open beta. But on live - in the end of act 1 =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I did the same, I noticed it when people were posting Inferno builds and they had a skill set that I couldn't literally select :P
    Same thing happened to me. "How the hell does he have Battle Rage AND War Cry?!"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i noticed it like after act one normal, only actually used it in nightmare though

found no need to actually change my skills and stuff til nightmare and higher

My friend told me when I was going through normal, he said he was using his Mystic Ally and Seven-sided Strike. Fun times was ahead.

I found out about this in Act III of Hell. Didn't change anything for me. Currently in Act III of Inferno and don't need to make use of elective mode on my DH. (yet)

The first day it was enabled, the 2nd day after the fixes I couldnt do it anymore, so I spent like 20minutes to figure it out cause there was no way I was going to play without choosing my skills.

I discovered Elective Mode while starting Hell difficulty.

"Wait...I can have Serenity AND Breath of Heaven?! FUCK YEAH!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I discovered it during Act 1 on Normal because I always look at the options for UI's.

Discovered sometime during nightmare. Still baffles me as to why it's disabled on default though...

15+ Year Old Account
    I discovered it after reading this thread and googling it. Thanks!
    I'm halfway through nightmare atm. I looked through the options as soon as I made my hero but thought it meant movable bindings.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Discovered sometime during nightmare. Still baffles me as to why it's disabled on default though...
    So that brand new players don't make dumb skill choices and are forced to have a somewhat balanced skill setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... How is it that people literally posting on a fan site missed the blog post about elective mode that the lead developer wrote months ago?
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Knew about it since it was implemented, back in beta when they first changed the way the skills worked to how they did now, before elective mode was even conceived I was worried thats how it was going to be, and it made me really angry.

I've had it turned on since Act 3 Normal, but I don't really take advantage of it. I've had no problems (only through Nightmare, haven't started Hell yet) basing everything on the default skill setup as a Monk...Breath, Dash, Seven-Sided, Mantra of Healing, Deadly Reach, and my trusty roundhouse kick. In group situations, though, I have used Exploding Palm on right-click with the rune that increases damage taken.

I'll switch things around if I have trouble in Hell, obviously.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did create a thread on here trying to let everybody know :P Guess you missed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I noticed that thing on open beta. But on live - in the end of act 1 =(
    Wait, so you already knew about this in beta, but forgot about it, and rediscovered it?

I was in Hell mode when I found out. People still tell me that I must have been dragging my skills off of the hotbar even before I knew what elective mode is. SMH at that.