Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I found myself using my druid for herbing in outlands. Stacks of those herbs sell for 100G on my server and all I'm doing is waiting for pve/pvp ques to pop anyways.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

If you aren't out to maximize profits but earn a decent amount of gold quick this is a good way. Those who arguing otherwise is arguing from a point of wanting to maximize overall income over time.

You're completely ignoring the fact that it takes time to perform the following actions: buy, prospect, transmute and sell. The major time hogs are prospecting and selling. A player questing or gathering for gold may be easily making as much or more gold per time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    You're completely ignoring the fact that it takes time to perform the following actions: buy, prospect, transmute and sell. The major time hogs are prospecting and selling. A player questing or gathering for gold may be easily making as much or more gold per time spent.
    The numbers aren't even close over the long run. The profit from an hour's worth of continuous prospecting (~300 stacks) dwarfs whatever the farmer is going to find in that same hour (~15-20 stacks). The numbers get even worse once you add in AFK crafting, when the crafter's toons churn out items to disenchant for half the night while the gatherer makes nothing.

Deleted
    there is nothing wrong with undercutting by a margin. usually some ppl will buy your stuff to get the prcie back up and restore the marcet so thet can make money. this gives you the chance to sell far over marcet satuation. So if ores stay at that price its right to undercut by a margin

Nobody has ever figured this out until the OP came along. Thanks for sharing such an obscure, godmode tip with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Oh my god, if you really cared about your profit you would take 5 seconds to post at a 1c undercut - people only care what's at the top of the list when it comes to the auction house, you may as well maximize your profit.
    Not necessarily true. If someone tries to sell a gem at 1000g, and somebody else at 999g99s99c, guess which one I'm going to buy?

Neither.

Your argument assume people will always buy what they need without regard for price, and just buy the cheapest one available no matter what it cost. That's simply not true.

I will wait until someone like the OP undercuts by a significant amount and buy his. There are alternate ways to acquire mats besides the AH, and I will do so if the prices are outrageous. You lost my sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    I buy thousands obsidium ores for the ridiculously low price of 22g/stack on my server, prospect them, send them to my xmute master alch and turn all the green gems in to shadowspirit diamonds, and put them on the AH for FAR lower than market value (so they sell quickly). I also sell the blue gems I get from prospecting.

Even selling the uncut meta gems at 75% their market value, I still make a massive profit. (Reason is because at that price 200+ metas will sell quick)
    So you figured out something that people have been doing for a year and a half (literally), and yet somehow you are so much smarter than the rest of us..?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    So you figured out something that people have been doing for a year and a half (literally), and yet somehow you are so much smarter than the rest of us..?
    Tell me, where the fuck do I claim I'm smarter than all of you? I posted this because I wanted to know if this was a common method or just something my server has. Take your head out of your ass and take a whiff of fresh air.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 09:09 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    When did he ever say he was smarter then you or anyone else. So the guy figured out something, learned something and wanted to share it. Whats it matter to you either way. If you don't have something to add to the convo then keep your mouth shut next time, makes you look alot less like the fool you made yourself out to be.
    Last edited by Gnomegates; 2012-06-05 at 01:09 AM.
    Cheap Diablo 3 Gear and more! www.Gnomegates.com

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    Undercut by 1c always, unless its ridiculously over market price
    I'm one of those silly people who refuses to purchase items/stacks that are only 1c below the next lowest price. I will go out of my way to pay more just because I have had an indescribable hatred for any price ending in a 9, or by relation 4 or 1 digit lower than the previous because of what it represents to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomegates View Post
    ---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 09:09 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

When did he ever say he was smarter then you or anyone else. So the guy figured out something, learned something and wanted to share it. Whats it matter to you either way. If you don't have something to add to the convo then keep your mouth shut next time, makes you look alot less like the fool you made yourself out to be.
    Finally. Someone on this forum who doesn't have his head so far up his ass that his eyes and heart are in the same place.

Penny undercutters piss me off so much. If you're not going to offer me actual savings, I'm not buying from you.

I buy thousands obsidium ores for the ridiculously low price of 22g/stack on my server, prospect them, send them to my xmute master alch and turn all the green gems in to shadowspirit diamonds, and put them on the AH for FAR lower than market value (so they sell quickly). I also sell the blue gems I get from prospecting.

Even selling the uncut meta gems at 75% their market value, I still make a massive profit. (Reason is because at that price 200+ metas will sell quick)
    How are you selling so many meta's when you can only make 2 meta's per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildsoul View Post
    Everything that has to do with the Auction House varies from server to server.
    higher pop pvp servers are strong money makers for jc and enchanting esp on tuesdays

Quote Originally Posted by doranians View Post
    How are you selling so many meta's when you can only make 2 meta's per day?
    Translation: Hi. I know nothing about JC. Herpadurpadeedurpeedurrr.

Non-sarcastic answer: You can make as many metas as you want per day there's no CD.

I absolutely love the tears of all the 1c folks who can't stand the fact that undercutting the market actually does make you money.

OT: good for you op. Making a nice cache of gold is always satisfying, especially right before an expac hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I absolutely love the tears of all the 1c folks who can't stand the fact that undercutting the market actually does make you money.

OT: good for you op. Making a nice cache of gold is always satisfying, especially right before an expac hits.
    Yes. The faster my metas sell, the faster I can buy more ore to make more metas.

Translation: Hi. I know nothing about JC. Herpadurpadeedurpeedurrr.

Non-sarcastic answer: You can make as many metas as you want per day there's no CD.
    Odd didint know that, then why do people do the disenchant method when meta gems make so much more gold?

To add, I also don't buy undercut things if undercut for less than a few g, I'll buy the shit from the person they undercutted. Only exception is when I'm buying out the whole stock.