Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    But the gems sell regardless of the price so your arguement is void
    Not really, because if the gems are priced too high by the reseller they will not sell and the reseller as lost money and time were as the farm only lost time. Flippers have more risk involved in a sale because they have more invested than a farmer does, in fact the longer an x-pac( time in between patches) goes on the higher the risk for flippers. Farmers have two groups to sell to "players" and flippers where as flippers only sell to "players". Your point was to try and say that flippers make more money than farmers but you are treating the flippers sells are a done deal when that may not be true. Flipping involves a lot of luck and when it is good Flippers can make a huge profit for little time and gold invested but if it is bad they loose gold and time.

And your other point is that the time spent farming is valuable but that is only true if you are paid by the hour or that time would be better spend doing something else.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why all you people are down on the farmers, I love these guys.
    My Alchemist wants to say thanks for all the volatile lifes, heart blossom, carnelian,
    My Leathermaker for the savage leather, blackened dragonscale, volatile fire and earth.
    My tailor for the cloth, orbs, volatiles
    My enchanter for the maelstroms, essences, dust.

Plus a big shout out to the farmers that do the huge undercuts, like the guy who undercut my windwalk chant (2500g) to 900g. I'll buy those every day of the week and flip them. The five I bought, I flipped for bet 2500-1900g, that's a minimum of 1 k profit, you rock brother.

Then there is the guy who dropped the price of inferno ruby from 110g to 50g. I absolutley love it, purchased all 50 and flipped them from between 90-110 gold.

If it wasn't for the dedicated farmers of the wow community I would be forced to spend more than 10 minutes a day playing and would be unable to make insane amounts of cash.

So lay off them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zdude View Post
    I don't know why all you people are down on the farmers, I love these guys.
    My Alchemist wants to say thanks for all the volatile lifes, heart blossom, carnelian,
    My Leathermaker for the savage leather, blackened dragonscale, volatile fire and earth.
    My tailor for the cloth, orbs, volatiles
    My enchanter for the maelstroms, essences, dust.

Plus a big shout out to the farmers that do the huge undercuts, like the guy who undercut my windwalk chant (2500g) to 900g. I'll buy those every day of the week and flip them. The five I bought, I flipped for bet 2500-1900g, that's a minimum of 1 k profit, you rock brother.

Then there is the guy who dropped the price of inferno ruby from 110g to 50g. I absolutley love it, purchased all 50 and flipped them from between 90-110 gold.

If it wasn't for the dedicated farmers of the wow community I would be forced to spend more than 10 minutes a day playing and would be unable to make insane amounts of cash.

So lay off them

They are a fact of the game, but bots are just cheats on a massive scale and undermine the economy and game as a whole. I am more bothered in the health of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making gold has always been easy. It's just about finding the loophole on your server and then slowly but steadily work your way up towards the top. Most people are, however, either to lazy or do not have enough time investment to do this.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

A stack of ore costs about 122g on my server - is it still posible to make money based on this? Red gems go for like 80 - 90g, other colors for a lot less (20-30g).

I am used to make money with my xmute twinks, however, margins are decreasing due to increasing material costs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    They are a fact of the game, but bots are just cheats on a massive scale and undermine the economy and game as a whole. I am more bothered in the health of the game.
    I don't support bots BUT it's hard to hate something that makes cheap materials. Lots of cheap materials..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    A stack of ore costs about 122g on my server - is it still posible to make money based on this? Red gems go for like 80 - 90g, other colors for a lot less (20-30g).

I am used to make money with my xmute twinks, however, margins are decreasing due to increasing material costs

Are you farming the mats yourself or relying on the bots?

Do you have any other strategies beisdes the red shuffle?

All servers are different. At those prices I would tned to farm and sell the ore. Theres other information missing including demand and the price of other things like essence. 122g is higgh though, so i wouldnt invest at that price.

Deleted
    although very profitable, the shuffle is very time consuming. especially if you need to add farming time when you're on a low pop botless server. if you want to make full profit, you'll need to craft some gems or JC items to DE too.

that's why i rely on a far less profitable, but also less time consuming method. i make about 3k a day while investing hardly more than 1h. it varies between 20min and maybe 2-3h when i sort and try new stuff out. whenever i decide to invest more time (ie by shuffling mats), the income skyrockets. but no matter what, cash keeps flowing.
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2012-06-09 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    yeah this is called the shuffle, people have been doing this for as long as I can remember. You must be new or something, it's being talked about a lot of the time in trade chat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zdude View Post
    Word up. I especially like the ones that will spend all day flying circles in the desert, then think they've put one over on me by listing their items at one-third market price. You guys rock!

Was happily doing this on my server till the alliance side died so much the bot ppl stopped bothering. Moving server so will have my production line set up somewhere else soon(tm).

I went another route at the end with ore -> gems -> cut blues and turn greens into rings (red coloured green quality transmuted to blue) -> DE green rings, sell blues. There's quite a lot you can do from the ore base though. Having a miner+jc+enchanter+alchemist on the same server makes things very interesting. It would be nice if they brought BS/LW back into being relatively profitable though.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2012-06-12 at 10:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

People have been shuffling like that for a long time now.