Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Wrong, they are promethean. Forerunner Constructs. In other words: Robots.
    Wrong. They are human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to get it, won't be back on xbox live till about 3 episodes into spartan ops, I believe.... Slight spoiler legendary ending has a surprise in it.

Also Normal mode is comparable to old halo herioc, legendary is far tougher than Reachs was.... heard online from someone who already played it.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Adamisraw View Post
    Wrong. They are human.
    Wrong. We are Forerunner.

Couldn't help it.

Will see how much it is tonight. Seeing as I can get 10% off I may get it. Problem is I have XCOM still to play, and will be away from my computers from friday till thursday the following week :<
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the campaign and have to say the game graphically is hands down the best xbox 360 game i have ever seen. Its gorgeous.. O.o and has some breathtaking scenes and moments. Also the way the story is done is great, while i get some people will hate the "feeling" of sequel at the ending scenes i still think this game has a great closure. Just wished they would stop teasing us ! *Shakes fist* with not showing his face

10+ Year Old Account
    I played some of the multiplayer last night and it felt way to CoD like for me to really get into. Part of Halo was the weapon spawning and knowing where they are at. Yes they have weapon spawns but it's not the same kind of thing. The jump doesn't feel like a powerful Spartan is doing it, in other words it's not the Halo jump. I think 343 tried a bit too hard giving it that CoD feel, I do like the actual gameplay but I just can't get over the fact that I have get to have a loadout. :/
    Hey everyone

Few gripes i have with it so far.

No weapons on map, The random spawn is fine as long as there are weapons on map. Only allowing the weapons players spawn with and then the random ones is beyond retarded and in no way true to the halo name or how the game has been played.

No grenade pickup off of dead players by default, Its now a perk and beyond stupid.

Vehicles still have a magicall invisible health bar that no one can see.

Snipers do to god damn much damage to vehicles.

Supply drop randomization is shit? Needs options to customize.

The matchmaking playlists are fucking terrible, The rumble pit playlist is some gay shit where the top killing person has a mark on thier head the whole time. None of the playlists have weapons by default on map, the Objective playlists need to be merged and not seperated, and there is no classic playlist.

Cannot drop the flag without dying after you pick it up, Therefor ensureing i will never pick it up.

No assualt, Why is beyond me, Removing a time classic gametype is stuppid.

Less vehicles than the previous games not more? No reason to have less the game can only gett better by the addition of more. And the mantis just doesnt fit the feel of the game.

Oddball is auto pickup.

No real ranking system, just a shit no skill exp system as before.

Alot of problems but 343 says they are going to be adding alot though alot of the things iv bitched about are basic and why they were not included into the basic game is far beyond me i only hope they dont shit this game up like reach was.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Few gripes i have with it so far.

No weapons on map, The random spawn is fine as long as there are weapons on map. Only allowing the weapons players spawn with and then the random ones is beyond retarded and in no way true to the halo name or how the game has been played.

No grenade pickup off of dead players by default, Its now a perk and beyond stupid.

Vehicles still have a magicall invisible health bar that no one can see.

Snipers do to god damn much damage to vehicles.

Supply drop randomization is shit? Needs options to customize.

The matchmaking playlists are fucking terrible, The rumble pit playlist is some gay shit where the top killing person has a mark on thier head the whole time. None of the playlists have weapons by default on map, the Objective playlists need to be merged and not seperated, and there is no classic playlist.

Cannot drop the flag without dying after you pick it up, Therefor ensureing i will never pick it up.

No assualt, Why is beyond me, Removing a time classic gametype is stuppid.

Less vehicles than the previous games not more? No reason to have less the game can only gett better by the addition of more. And the mantis just doesnt fit the feel of the game.

Oddball is auto pickup.

No real ranking system, just a shit no skill exp system as before.

Alot of problems but 343 says they are going to be adding alot though alot of the things iv bitched about are basic and why they were not included into the basic game is far beyond me i only hope they dont shit this game up like reach was.
    All legitimate complaints, I especially dislike the randomized supply drops, I just had a game them where the enemy team was loaded with beast weapons from the drops while we got nothing but shit. Although they are all minor gripes that I've 99% adjusted to and I love the multiplayer.

The only major issue with the game is no search options when going into matchmaking. As an Australia this prevents me from finding games with other Australian's and lands me in horrific ping games. Really not cool, 343 usually listens to the public so I hope they implement a region search option in the next day or 2.

I liked Reach. Even liked Halo Wars although rts's on an xbox are retarded. The only thing that drove me nuts was how horrid of an experience the online play with Reach was... Always managed to get the one person with the worst xbox connection to be host resulting in really weird kills/deaths. Watchin Cortana snap will be fun... TOO bad I must work until 7pm and won't be able to even touch it until I get home. *tear* oh well.. One thing i've been gaining with age is patience. Hooray.

Thank god. Grenade spamming is retarded and was NEVER a good part of the game.
    Last edited by Sarahstrasza; 2012-11-06 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Wrong. We are Forerunner.

Couldn't help it.

Will see how much it is tonight. Seeing as I can get 10% off I may get it. Problem is I have XCOM still to play, and will be away from my computers from friday till thursday the following week :<
    No we aren't, we are human, they made us.

10+ Year Old Account
    campaign has flawless gameplay

the graphics are amazing

new forerunner weps seem a little like human wep clones...

the story is alright, you kind of need to have read the books to know some of the stuff, the scene near the end when it seems like the chiefs finished (if you've played it, you know what im on about) kindo f confused me a tad

the absence of Flood sort of cheapens it slightly (for me personally) as they, imo, made halo the huge game it is today and to not have them leaves an element of the story empty

no more armor lock, YAY

grenades toned down a bit, altho i still dont really see the effectiveness of that new grenade (maybe im just not using it right =P)

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adamisraw View Post
    No we aren't, we are human, they made us.
    Wrong. We are human. We fought them, lost, then were devolved by them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you guys please tag spoilers on the story parts? I still haven't played it fully and I think if anyone else were reading this thread and still haven't finished would prefer it.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a few glaring issues with the default Multiplayer gametype settings that came with release, and most have been covered already in this thread. I'm just waiting for MLG to release game settings so I can get custom games going and gtfo of shitty multiplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Thank god. Grenade spamming is retarded and was NEVER a good part of the game.
    Dont have to worry about that since grenade explsosion radius was nerfed to like 1 meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally found a limited edition at Newegg....will be here tomorrow. Can't freakin wait!

Hoping I like the multiplayer. Haven't played since Halo 2 though lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to point out the things I DO like about multiplayer.

-Wide variety of mid range weapons (DMR, BR, Carbine, Light Rifle)
    -Your option to choose and create your own 'classes'.
    -The ability to pick exactly what you start with, not what the gametype/map does.
    -Hit Markers
    -Insta-Respawns
    -Kill-Cams
    -The lovely new graphics
    -How multiplayer actually kinda ties in with the campaign

INB4 someone takes some of the things I listed and calls me a fanboi, which I'm not. I just like CoD and Halo, dont play either one seriously, just like to play for the funz.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    Wrong. We are human. We fought them, lost, then were devolved by them.
    Wait, as I understood it, the Prometheans are what's left of Humans that were digitized after we lost the original war with them. Or did I not hear it right?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Halo 3, which I played with a few friends when it came out and every few months in between then and now. But I won’t buy Halo 4, because I don’t play Xbox. If it was just available to computers, it would have been number one on my wish list for christmas. But they had to only make it for Xbox360

The campaign is a beautiful piece of art; I would recommend the game simply based off that (just finished). Was such an interesting storyline, which of course, led to an interesting ending (no spoilers of obviously!).

Overall, just by playing the campaign, the game has far exceeded my expectations in terms of quality. The weapons are awesome (plentiful too), the gameplay is exciting and the story is thrilling.

Installing the MP disc right now, excited to mess around with forge.
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2012-11-06 at 11:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am really impressed with the campaign. It was far better than any other Halo campaign I've ever played, though certain levels all felt the same, they were just really beautiful to look at, and the cutscenes were nothing short than amazing, very well done. It was a fitting ending i believe, even the scene after the credits. The 4 minute opening cutscene should be the trailer for the movie, it was awesome! Friendly AI still sucks....at driving.

Multiplayer is pretty fun, but all of the same maps. Plasma Pistol + BR are my friends. Wish the maps were a lot better. some of them are just annoying as hell in design.

The game is totally amazing!
    As a Halo: CE veteran, I see this game as Halo's new hope.

I totally agree that Halo has a special type of gameplay where you want to check different locations for power-weapons and cause a catastrophe around you but now, everyone gets a chance to get a power-weapon if they get a few points every game.

This is more competitive since you can't say "I got owned just because that guy had the power-weapon all of the game" because you can get one quite often if you just help out your teammates or get some kills.

The campaign is very good so far even though I've only played 4 missions, the cutscenes are totally BRILLIANT and the motion capture technique is almost as good as in L.A. Noire.

The fact that I didn't even start my gaming-computer yesterday which hasn't happened a single time in the past year will be my rating of the game
    Last edited by AzeofSpadez; 2012-11-07 at 07:43 AM.