Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[TV] Scifi Shows

Looking for a good show to watch, Just finished Eureka, Have seen all stargate, BSG, Torchwood.

Interested in hearing what people thought about warehouse 13, sliders, earth 2 or just some other scifi shows.

Warehouse 13 was pretty good.

You watched Torchwood, but what about Doctor Who? If you didn't you kinda did that backwards lol, but I did the same thing.

There's another I don't see talked about much. Fallen Skies, it's like Walking Dead but with aliens, and I thought it was pretty good. I liked it more than Walking Dead just because it was aliens. I think the 2nd season is starting this month.

I liked Sanctuary too, and it stars Amanda Tapping.

Not a fan of doctor who, seems more like a kids scifi show to me imo. I faintly remember fallen skies, Not a fan of walking dead, absolute atrocity of a zombie show, im ashamed that zombies are attached to the show. From the commercials i could see amanda tappings fake accent bugged me. was the series really good besides that.

Ok, the quintessential all time greatest Scifi show EVER... Firefly. Seen that? You might have seen the movie Serenity. Well Serenity is basically the final act of Firefly.

Screw Stargate. Screw Star Trek. Firefly > All.

Oh! And the whole series is on Netflix if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    Ok, the quintessential all time greatest Scifi show EVER... Firefly. Seen that? You might have seen the movie Serenity. Well Serenity is basically the final act of Firefly.

Ah yes forgot to say i just finished with firefly.

For me, Babylon 5 is near the top for scifi. Wasn't too impressed with Firefly.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sliders worth a shot, at least 1-3 seasons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post

I love Sci Fi and I never really got Firefly, I thought I was a good watch but people really Bark on about it, Its no way as good as stargate or BSG.

Few if mine

Space above and Beyond- Its old But very Good

Stargate Universe, It got Cancelled, it was full of whining and complaining and everyone felt like they should be in charge even the cleaners, But the main premise of the show was Brilliant, the Destiny's mission - The show needs to come back without the Stargate title and just be called Destiny. If the main story didn't get you then you're not a true sci-fi fan. - But its gone so no closure.

Terra nova and Failing sky- Desperation Sci-Fi - they are bad -

Game of throne- its not Sci-Fi - just brilliant Fantasy

The killing. Also not Sci-fi But they use mobile phones sometimes, Its also Brilliant

Breaking Bad -Still not Sci-fi But the meth lab was pretty Sci-Fi man

The Lost Room, 6 part mini series - More fiction than Science.

Doctor Who, Should be on CBBC or nickelodeon its a kids show

red dwarf - Its old its Coming back later this year - there's 10 seasons its amazing -

Lex ??/??

Farscape ^^^?^^^ Sci-fi meets the Muppet

Alphas, Little like Heroes Crossed with the Fringe - its not really Sci-fi again but watchable

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, what would happen if skynet started making cheerleader robots, - Crap

Babylon 5 - wonderful

10+ Year Old Account
    If you liked BSG you might want to give Caprica a shot...even though there is only one season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    I love Sci Fi and I never really got Firefly, I thought I was a good watch but people really Bark on about it, Its no way as good as stargate or BSG.
    I think it's because of the Country Theme, not everyone likes it, but apart from that it was better than the first half of the first season of Stargate and even BSG, imho.

Lex ??/??
    Lexx is awesome, but it's not for everyone, that's for sure. Sci-fi, Comedy, Crazy, Gore = peculiar mix.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2012-06-05 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    Fringe is honestly what Warehouse 13 should've been, really good sci-fi show, based on earth though so there's no space travel etc

Farscape is a blast. Jim Henson puppetry + massive space battles + fun characters + some hot TnA? Yes please!

A new show airing in Canada (I get it through torrents) called Continuum is so far so good (2 episodes have aired so far). About a group of criminals that escape execution by traveling to our time from 2077, and the cop that got caught in the portal and came back with them, with all her futuristic toys. Surprisingly decent special effects.

15+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek Voyager and Firefly are two really great Sci-Fi tv shows. Currently also watching two 3D CGI animated tv shows: Star Wars The Clone Wars and Transformers: Prime. V had a slow start, but in the end got really exciting (cancelled prematurely though). Falling Skies has really interesting settings, but isn't aren't that great. If you look passed the mistakes being made, it is quite enjoyable to watch. Just don't expect a realistic way to deal with certain situations.

There is a new Canadian tv show, Continuum. Has only aired two episodes so far (Sundays). Has a lot of people from the Stargate series in it. I was pretty impressed by how awesome it is.

Warehouse 13 is good. It isn't that great until the character Claudia Donavan (know relation to Zane from Eureka) gets introduced in the fourth episode. She's definitely the one that makes the show a lot funnier. Kinda like Fargo in Eureka.

It's pretty obvious though that the age of Sci-Fi tv shows is over. There's hardly any real Sci-Fi tv shows on television. Most of it has been cancelled during the passed few years. The greates such as Eureka, Stargate: Atlantis and Stargate: Universe. And new Sci-Fi tv shows like Alcatraz, Terra Nova and The Event don't even get passed season one.

Fantasy seems to be the new Sci-Fi, with Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Being Human, The Secret Circle, Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Lost Girl, Awake and Touch. Game of Thrones is simply the best tv show currently on television, by miles. The Walking Dead, also one of the best currently on television, had a really good first season, but season two was slow. The last two episodes were really good again. Both have aired two seasons, same for Being Humand and Lost Girl, and all will get a third. Once Upon a Time, Grimm and Touch (could be seen as the new Heroes or The 4400, where certain people have special gifts) are two new tv shows this year, but have both been renewed. The Secret Circle has been cancelled after just one season, but this was a really exciting tv show. Especcialy the cliffhanger of the last episode left me thirsty for more (Found out, seconds after finishing the season finale, that it was cancelled, that was a shock). Awake (basically the new Day Break, if you've watched that) has also been cancelled after one season. The tv show starts slow, but the acting of Jason Isaacs is brilliant. It's not often that I am truly impressed by someone's acting, but he did it. Especcialy episode 11. Starts slow, but as he learns more about his accident, the tv show shifts a few gears and becomes really exciting.
    Last edited by Statix; 2012-06-05 at 10:00 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

Few if mine

Space above and Beyond- Its old But very Good

Stargate Universe, It got Cancelled, it was full of whining and complaining and everyone felt like they should be in charge even the cleaners, But the main premise of the show was Brilliant, the Destiny's mission - The show needs to come back without the Stargate title and just be called Destiny. If the main story didn't get you then you're not a true sci-fi fan. - But its gone so no closure.

Terra nova and Failing sky- Desperation Sci-Fi - they are bad -

Game of throne- its not Sci-Fi - just brilliant Fantasy

The killing. Also not Sci-fi But they use mobile phones sometimes, Its also Brilliant

Breaking Bad -Still not Sci-fi But the meth lab was pretty Sci-Fi man

The Lost Room, 6 part mini series - More fiction than Science.

Doctor Who, Should be on CBBC or nickelodeon its a kids show

red dwarf - Its old its Coming back later this year - there's 10 seasons its amazing -

Lex ??/??

Farscape ^^^?^^^ Sci-fi meets the Muppet

Alphas, Little like Heroes Crossed with the Fringe - its not really Sci-fi again but watchable

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, what would happen if skynet started making cheerleader robots, - Crap

Babylon 5 - wonderful
    Ah yes, Farscape. My second all time favorite scifi show. When the series was cancelled, I just couldn't believe it, leaving it on the cliffhanger that they did. At least they finished it with the Peacekeeper Wars, unlike SGU. I actually really enjoyed SGU since it took a more modern, political, realistic approach to the SG universe. But when SGU ended, you were left wondering about Eli and the future of Destiny and her crew. Will Syfy finish it with a movie? I sure as hell hope so. I don't know how many more bad "mutant octopus shark godlike earthquake tornado global warming biohazard zombie" movies I can stand from them. Netflix seems to like them, since most of Syfy's movies end up there, which makes me wonder why I still pay for Netflix.

But anyway, a lot of your list holds merit, but there are many that don't really make for scifi material. Breaking Bad? Really? Science fiction shows are not about science fact, regardless how awesome the show is.

So that said, you see my preferences for actual scifi shows. Though I do have to disagree with MorTvicR on the Sarah Connors Chronicles, to an extent. The first couple of seasons were great. And it had Summer Glau. The show had potential before it took to the insane. But there was Summer Glau. The whole John Connors going to the future at the end following a T-1000 wannabe was crazy. Yet there was Summer Glau. And John met his father, which totally throws the whole story out of wack. But hey, Summer Glau.

Did I mention Summer Glau?

Babylon 5 is a must see classic, and Fringe is the best one currently still running.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    If you liked BSG you might want to give Caprica a shot...even though there is only one season.
    Yes! I loved Caprica. The storyline was great and the acting. Zoe <3. Too bad they cancelled the show after one season. God I hate SyFy Channel for cancelling it and the audience who bitched about the plot taking too long to get into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxzal View Post
    the audience who bitched about the plot taking too long to get into.
    The audience was right. Caprica was too slow.

15+ Year Old Account
    I recommend fringe. No aliens or space shit but probably best Sci-Fi on TV right now.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2012-06-05 at 11:15 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    The audience was right. Caprica was too slow.
    Yeah, the story for Caprica was very slow. How many times do you have to rehash the plot over and over again, then another plot over and over again?

That said, I could have sworn that Caprica was cancelled in its second season. Or was the ridiculous season 1.5 bullcrap that Syfy likes to pull?

Yeh im really not a fan of how scifi shows have pretty much died, was pissed when tera nova got the axe, and beyond angry when sgu got axed. Its sad when these tallent show tv shows like america idol or the x factor stay on but good shows like tera nova and sgu cant stay on the air.

BSG got terrible in its last season, to much religious shit and not enough action. I watched a bit of caprica.