Poll: How large is your music library?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    My Medium Library would be ~295 CDs / 92 Vinyls & a few mp3 Albums bought from Itunes. My Itunes says 17566 Tracks. But i have a lot DnB/Dubstep/Trance/Techno etc Streams ripped. If i had the Money i would buy every Album i doesn't allready own atm. But what can i say... Vinyls are a expensive Hobby :<
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2012-09-10 at 09:54 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

I lost many of my songs somehow :<
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    First I will say that I don't use Spotify, don't even know what it is. Don't really care much either.

Simple fact of the matter is, if your favorite artists aren't making any money, then the producers don't want them. So your favorite artists get dumped for more Brittany Spears wannabes.
    If you don't know what it is, why do you assume they are doing something wrong? Without doing any research (seriously... like 30 seconds worth would answer all your questions) you make a fool out of yourself.

If you like an artist, pay for them. I know I've bought nearly every album I have on my computer (barring Marilyn Manson, don't ask), but I know that every cent I sink into a band I love (Hello Chickenfoot), means that I am contributing to them producing more music that I love.
    Well technically a very very very small portion goes to the artist. Most of the money you spend on music goes towards the labels and all the other people that end up screwing over the artist. You would do better just downloading their music, then slipping the artist a $20 the next time you see them (right after you see them in concert).

On Topic - I have around 150 gigs worth of music. I have about 90% of them organized the way I want, because we all know the gibberish writing that is put on the file names.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 filing boxes filled with CD's. Too bad they're worthless now. Got about 1000 songs give or take on my computer and mp3 player.

Deleted
    240GB or so.

About 2000 on this computer. Lost a bunch of songs a while ago and never got them back, though.

9752 songs, 29.1 days, 75.07GB on iTunes and according to last.fm I've got music from 2,849 Artists in total.

There's probably more hiding on my hard drive somewhere, and there's always my laptop that has some more music on it.

10k+

I only have about 60 GB of mp4's on my hard drive, but I listen mostly to CDs, which I have a metric ton of.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

+6473 or 32,52 GB

still haven't passed all of them on the LastFM
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Getting close to 20k. 75% are cd's I've ripped. In high school and college going to the local record store was FUN.

I listen to music any chance I can. I have my favorites but mix it up quite a bit. I also have spotify premium for stuff I have no intention of ever buying but sometimes get the itch for.

10+ Year Old Account
    am I MASSIVELY old and lame for seeing the title of this thread and thinking it was about book libraries, not music

on topic ~2000 songs, I have quite specific tastes, so it's hard to find stuff I like (why are there not more bands like Apocalyptica?)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Been using Spotify for over a year. Got a few hundred songs from before it on the drive still, but deleted most and threw out all my cds. It's just nicer, open, play, done. And its free if I want it to be. Not sure Ill ever go back to buying digital tracks or discs.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    About 50 or 60 dusty CD's. 80GB on iTunes.

Deleted
    only that im making my self, but i do have youtube playing pretty much all the time whenever im not making music lol

Edit: if sampling wasent ilegal, i wuld have my apartment filled to the top lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 1,276 songs total, but I only have 576 on my iPod due to it being an 8gb gen 1. I also have about ~100 songs I got off youtube-mp3.com because I couldn't find them on iTunes or Bandcamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I don’t buy songs, waste of money. I listen to my playlists on Spotify. I have 4 playlists with a total of around 350 songs. I don’t need more
    Who said anything about buying? I haven't bought music since like 1999.

I have 4283 songs on my Itunes.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

5,632 songs, though I would be far higher than that if not for losing and forgetting countless songs through numerous reformats of my computer. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got around 500 songs. I'm pretty picky, and I don't usually like more than a few songs from a particular artist.

Deleted
    ~150,000 songs.

700 songs on my computer, but now I use Spotify.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU