Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Obviously when they help us, they're thinking they might get laid.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    there are some dolphins in south america at a small coastal fishing village that actually herd fish into the nets of the locals. The dolphins teach the behavior to their young and have been doing it for generations. Can't remember what magazine I found the article about it in... but was an interesting read. I think I'd generally have to agree that dolphins have the capacity for empathy and different personalities that provide for assisting humans at times.

Because they're cute and adorable and just want to snuggle with us. But they can't. So they do the next best thing.

It's true. I'm a scientist.

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    Dolphins are the second most intelligent being on the Earth, after Mice and just before Humans.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
    3 posts in. I am not disappointed MMO-Champion.

Deleted
    Dolphins are intelligent, self-aware and atleast a little compassionate. It's not all instincts, as opposed to most species.

I think it's cool.

cuz dolphins are super awesome sauce

or perhaps it is mearly a attempt at paying it forward ... do unto others as you would wish them to do unto you ... sadly most humans will crush other life forms in its path but yea ! go dolphins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    Sadly most humans will crush other life forms in its path but yeah! Go dolphins
    You've got nice humans, you've got humans that are dicks. You've got nice dolphins, you've got dolphins that are dicks.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Dolphins are also the only other species to kill for the sake of killing.
    Thats not true at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dolphins are also the only other mammalian species that has sex for pleasure, hence, all the dolphin rape.

Deleted
    Because they haven't invented a currency yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they are better than us. simple. i don't see a human returning the favor, not the average human.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Thats not true at all.
    True, it's not. Cats also do this. Don't know other animals that do.

Bottlenose Dolphins are, however, the only marine animal that kills for the sake of it, iirc.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-06-07 at 11:42 AM.

Because we don't try to eat them, or a majority of us at least.

Deleted
    Looks like their capable of empathy and altruism. That's enough for anyone/thing to step into a fight and help the underdog if they feel they have the ability to do so, same for seeing someone struggling/dying.

Obviously the risk involved for a dolphin to save a human drowning doesn't require the same kind of disregard for personal safety as a human saving a human drowning, it's probably closer to one human helping another human/highly evolved creature (which we have deemed is non-threatening) cross a busy street.

Still, empathy and altruism are beautiful things, regardless of species.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeezus View Post
    Dolphins are the second most intelligent being on the Earth, after Mice and just before Humans.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
    Where in this list would a bowl of Petunias be?

Because unlike humans they are inherently good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I don't know about the "unlike" part but we have the same sense to help as they do.

I once had a fire in the back of my old truck and a guy in a tanker (petrol) stopped and ran a fire extinguisher over to me. WOW that was close, he got a call to his "How's my driving?" sticker and I hope they gave him a raise and paid vacation for that completely selfless act. He saved my truck, out of goodness and at his peril.

Dolphins seem to have this extremely high function too, and it's a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Dolphins are also the only other mammalian species that has sex for pleasure, hence, all the dolphin rape.
    Im not quite sure they are the ONLY one exept Humans.... Take Bonobos as an example;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonobo
    Pokemon Y Friendcode, PM if you wanna add: 3797-7990-5163
    IGN: GLITCH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Nothing is inherently good..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Scientists have found that every dolphin actually has it's own unique personality.
    Well, this is true for almost every animals, except maybe insects (and even then, maybe we just don't understand them enough to notice the differences).

But it's definetly true for monkeys, dogs, cats, pigs, cows, etc.
    They choose friends and stay loyal to them, some like to stay with their families while others will just leave and never come back, and so on.