Target addon for SP

Hi, I've got a friend attempting to work on an add on which will kind of work like npc scanner mixed with say grid or vuhdo. We're hoping for it to be able to scan each encounter for all targets and then making targets that are out of range to be 'blanked out' or made darker/hidden until they're in range. All the addons I seem to find are all just for DoT timers for targets, but it doesn't help actually targeting loads of mobs, which is my issue.

If anyone happens to know a mod that is out already like this, that would be great.

NPCScanner works because rare mobs use unique skins. You could do something like you describe, but it would only work for bosses which already have a boss unit frame. You would not be able to do it with lesser mobs because you can only access range information by unit IDs.

Try using enemy name plates to determine when mobs are in range of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    NPCScanner works because rare mobs use unique skins. You could do something like you describe, but it would only work for bosses which already have a boss unit frame. You would not be able to do it with lesser mobs because you can only access range information by unit IDs.

Try using enemy name plates to determine when mobs are in range of you.
    The idea behind the mod is to make it easier for multi-target fights for dots as I stated (Warmaster in particular/Spine maybe) from what you're saying it won't be possible at all? or?

Deleted
    Not possible (at all). Can't create SecureTemplates frames (needed to do targeting, casting spells etc.) in combat. Can't target a specified enemy (no fixed unitID for them). /targetexact would be the closest you could get, but still would not work with multiple mobs with the same name.