Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leivia View Post
    however the things that should have tutorials since they are unique to GW have no explanation (ie 'YOU HAVE PERFORMED A COMBO USE FINISHER FIELD SPELL SOMETHING')
    Well, it's not a good idea to create tutorials and such until the very end - because they could end up changing something and then have to redo the tutorial/documentation.

Also - in regard to the combos specifically...taking advantage of them is very useful but not absolutely required. Learning about them and practising with them is a sign of mastery of the game...I don't really agree that all things should have a tutorial - something has to be left for the player to work out. I agree (partially) that a player should be informed that such a mechanism exists at all...but until release there's no telling whether that's the plan - in the human starter area there's a task which involves learning how to block correctly, maybe they'll do it that way...or maybe not. Personally, I saw it mentioned on the tooltip and experimented...though that was made easier because the character I was playing was able to create a combo field and then use it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I really like the game, I think it has many unique and interesting features that I can see myself enjoying. But....I feel like their is something missing from it, something that is keeping me from loving GW2, I couldn't say what it is though, it may just not be for me I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    All in all I found the game to be much more polished than the first BWE. Optimization of the game in general was better and I was able to run it with better FPS at high to max where as last time I got less FPS at medium settings. I think they have done a great job with it in general and found all my major issues with it addressed. I will however completely agree that it is a bit daunting for those unfamiliar with the game. However that said there are a ton more beginner tips in the game now, like a ton more than there where in BWE 1. In fact I cant remember any. Having come to grips with it during BWE1 I didnt need them this time but im glad to see them put them in non the less.

There is a lot to do in this game. IF it seems overwhelming well, I dont see that as a completely bad thing as there just is a lot to do and learn. However I do believe they can enhance the starting experience. I wouldnt want that lvl of hand holding throughout the whole game but you want to be able to engage your audience almost immediately and I do think this is where they game can be improved most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried ascalonian? try button mashing, you'll have your game at map screen for respawn the whole dungeon.