Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[Video] of 17 y/o girl from New Zaeland goes around, moving folks.

On the mark, don't you think? For a 17 year old girl to say all of that so eloquently, as well, I am utterly impressed. I really hope someone listens to her and we can start doing better for the Earth and for ourselves and our future generations.

She voices the concerns of the many. Not that it's wrong to do so, but what she's saying has been said... Possibly millions of times before her.

People don't need to listen to her specifically, and I think she would agree. The hunt for profit has failed us, and it is dooming us. We desperately need a new system of economy, really. A system that respects everything Brittany here says, I'll readily agree. But one that places renewability above monetary gain as a prime objective. And I'm afraid that that means that the concepts of 'money,' 'credit' and 'owe' will have to go.

Deleted
    Money runs the world - Sad truth, but nevertheless the truth.

Most of the "recycling" she brings up, is already being worked on, but wont be interesting enough, till the people with the money can make more money off of it.

It's always nice when younger generations think like this. But it's a lot to overcome the few who sit on the governments/money.

Currency is something that has to exist, it gives meaning to your work. Status and money ranking need to go, when your very young your a screw up when you smoke or get in stupid trouble but when your all grown up the only way to tell if your a screw up is your money.

Sick of watching videos of kids preaching shit they know nothing about. Absolutely sick of it. She spends the first minute blaming governments and shitty leaders, the second minute talking about the philosophy of an idea rather than the meat of an idea, and the third minute blaming governments and leaders again. Are people actually being "moved" by this bullshit?

I bet she hasn't done an inkling of research to see what technologies scientists are creating to help the world. I bet she doesn't know that scientists are making edible plastic so we don't have to throw it away, I bet she doesn't know that there are plans for farm skyscrapers to increase production, I bet she doesn't know that green houses are being made so that we can grow farms with seawater and not freshwater anymore, and I bet she doesn't know about the Imec. She knows nothing, just another fucking kid who thinks they can change the world without any actual work, but by preaching to the people who are already hard at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Sick of watching videos of kids preaching shit they know nothing about. Absolutely sick of it. She spends the first minute blaming governments and shitty leaders, the second minute talking about the philosophy of an idea rather than the meat of an idea, and the third minute blaming governments and leaders again. Are people actually being "moved" by this bullshit?

I bet she hasn't done an inkling of research to see what technologies scientists are creating to help the world. I bet she doesn't know that scientists are making edible plastic so we don't have to throw it away, I bet she doesn't know that there are plans for farm skyscrapers to increase production, I bet she doesn't know that green houses are being made so that we can grow farms with seawater and not freshwater anymore, and I bet she doesn't know about the Imec. She knows nothing, just another fucking kid who thinks they can change the world without any actual work, but by preaching to the people who are already hard at it.
    This. Also anyone can sound smart reading from a card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, not looking directly at the camera at any point in the video, clearly reading off of a card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly disappointed this whiny young lady is living in my country.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    She makes a few excellent points and addresses many concerns I have myself, though it is unlikely that anything will come of it. The majority are still under the sway of the corrupt minority and very few of those who are aware of what is going on in the world are prepared to bite the bullet and give up some of the luxuries provided by the government to distract them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about next generations? let the worry about that...

Deleted
    The quality of her presentation doesn't disqualify the arguments though. The simple fact is that money is corrupting our world to the point where we may be doing irreparable damage to the planet. We need a change and we need it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    She makes a few excellent points and addresses many concerns I have myself, though it is unlikely that anything will come of it. The majority are still under the sway of the corrupt minority and very few of those who are aware of what is going on in the world are prepared to bite the bullet and give up some of the luxuries provided by the government to distract them.
    But her points are nothing new, they are simply parroted from other people who think they are helping the world and being the voice of good. There is nothing original here.

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84
    The quality of her presentation doesn't disqualify the arguments though. The simple fact is that money is corrupting our world to the point where we may be doing irreparable damage to the planet. We need a change and we need it soon.
    We've been using money for thousands of years. People like you say "WE NEED TO CHANGE" but then offer no alternative. You got an alternative that will work? Because if you want to go back to the old system then everyone needs to become farmers and begin trading in cows and sheep.

Come up with a viable alternative first and then tell us we have to change, don't just sit there revelling in idealism with no substance behind what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    People need to stop arguing with such broad terms. If she really wanted to do something she would target the source of the problem and not just say "hur dur money's bad, governments are corrupt, hur dur leaders don't listen hurrr". Everyone does that, and it doesn't solve anything.

A 12 year old girl did this in 1992 at a UN meeting.

Most have probably already seen it but it's still relevant.

Who the hell cares if people are working hard at, edible plastic, and farming skyscrapers? Seriously, someone is still figuring out how to use sea water in a greenhouse? ROFL. That was solved years ago through evaporation. It's a tad moronic that this girl thinks it will be any government, of any nation that changes any problem on this planet. Simply put, electric cars were made at the turn of the 1900's. Hydronium fuel plants, were made in Nazi Germany. We've already developed tons of technology to help our poor selves. This world is driven by $$$, free fuel for your car or home does not produce $$$. Cures for disease, do not produce $$$. Our world economy revolves around the acquisition of wealth. Till the people of this planet work together to do for each other. There will never be any change

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Who the hell cares if people are working hard at, edible plastic, and farming skyscrapers? Seriously, someone is still figuring out how to use sea water in a greenhouse? ROFL. That was solved years ago through evaporation. It's a tad moronic that this girl thinks it will be any government, of any nation that changes any problem on this planet. Simply put, electric cars were made at the turn of the 1900's. Hydronium fuel plants, were made in Nazi Germany. We've already developed tons of technology to help our poor selves. This world is driven by $$$, free fuel for your car or home does not produce $$$. Cures for disease, do not produce $$$. Our world economy revolves around the acquisition of wealth. Till the people of this planet work together to do for each other. There will never be any change
    What a load of crap. You clearly have no idea how important it is to reduce the massive buildup of plastic, not to mention the importance of increasing the global food production. Personally I'm not a skyscraper fan, I think the underground complex in association with LED lighting would be better, but it's still a very important matter. Your arguments about the hydrogen plants and electric cars are complete bullshit aswell. Sure, perhaps they were already made in those times, but the efficiency was non-existant. aswell. Besides, I bet you, if somebody cured cancer they would be making a fuckton of money. Please refrain from posting in the future about things you are absolutely ignorant about.

10+ Year Old Account

Right on the money, excellent post

Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    A 12 year old girl did this in 1992 at a UN meeting.

Most have probably already seen it but it's still relevant.
    She was trained to do that speech by the very people that are today making money off of the green movement. Look it up, it is not some crazy conspiracy theory, it is flat out, 100% fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Till the people of this planet work together to do for each other.
    Except it's human nature to look out for yourself; first and foremost.

I agree, nailed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo
    Last edited by caractacus; 2012-06-11 at 10:42 AM.