Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Epic AFK Gold/Xp Farming Spot

Wonderful place to AFK for Gold and Xp while you do irl stuff.

Awesome spot, I might try this later.

In terms of the video, you should try adding in some post-recorded commentary as I found the text was difficult to read, especially when there were 4-5 lines of it and it disapeared after a few seconds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't the armor fall off after 2-4 minutes? Wouldn't you have to re-apply it all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartlin View Post
    Doesn't the armor fall off after 2-4 minutes? Wouldn't you have to re-apply it all the time?
    thorns gear? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

does the gold despawn after a set amount of time or does it just sit their?

The worms from act3 stops throwing out troops after a while. I doubt this one is different.

I may be wrong, but wouldn't this also be non-bannable seeing as there isn't anything playing the game for him, he is just afk with thorns killing mobs for him? they will probley hot-fix their way around this though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    they will probley hot-fix their way around this though
    Overusing questionable game mechanics before the get fixed is pretty much what D3 will be about the first month. I guess it's something you have to get used to, in contrary to WoW you probably won't get banned for abusing mechanics, takes some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    I may be wrong, but wouldn't this also be non-bannable seeing as there isn't anything playing the game for him, he is just afk with thorns killing mobs for him? they will probley hot-fix their way around this though
    well it cannot be any worse than having tyreal kill stuff for you while your dead and afking

Deleted
    If you don't want to refresh the Wizard armor then Barbs work very well with their passive that increases Thorns damage as well as natural tankiness. Just tried it out for fun, it works although I doubt I'll use it much. It'll be nerfed soon I'm sure. But hey while it lasts might as well get a small gold income while eating your lunch : )

And yes I imagine it won't be bannable. Blizzard haven't banned anyone to my knowledge so far just for using little things like this, they just nerf them and move on. Until they nerf them though its fair game just like all the old abilities and farm spots which got nerfed were.

Deleted
    man i did this and went to school for an hour came back and had the disconnect window up:/ all the gold i missed couse of getting dc after to long afk

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Been doing this for the past 30mins while I've been working... Approx 40k gold and over half a level done :P

Not bad!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    Overusing questionable game mechanics before the get fixed is pretty much what D3 will be about the first month. I guess it's something you have to get used to, in contrary to WoW you probably won't get banned for abusing mechanics, takes some getting used to.
    like every other game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trazan View Post
    man i did this and went to school for an hour came back and had the disconnect window up:/ all the gold i missed couse of getting dc after to long afk

You need something to hold down the right button on your mouse so you have autofire and won't DC.

Deleted
    thisll be nerfed soon sadly 8(

tryin it out atm, what difficulty did you farm this on? farmin this spot in hell on my barb

askin because if you got 100k an hour in lets say nightmare difficulty, that makes me feel better lol

also what was your gold find in the video

Deleted
    Ok just tried this out on hell for an hour and fifteen minutes using sleet storm and a large mug to hold the right mouse button down and got 165K while watching some of the jubilee concert, reminds me of the silly tricks you used to pull when playing rpgs on the playstation and super nintendo lol. There are a few better spots to try this with faster never ending spawns you can probably think of a few spots.

This is all going to probably work in blizzard's favour, gold will be worthless again like in diablo 2 and people will only use the real money house to buy and sell things. I mean look at some of the gold spammers in general chat in the space of 2 days the price of gold has fallen from $27 per million to $15 per million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrashTalkingMobs View Post
    Can you alt tab and do this?
    I think the game pauses if you're on your own and you close down the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    I think the game pauses if you're on your own and you close down the screen.
    playing full screen window mode and doing things on my 2nd/3rd screen do not cause the game to pause in anyway so i dont think tabbing does