Deleted

How are pyromancers doing atm ?

Hello everyone,

I played Rift since launch for maybe two months, I really enjoyed it and leveled my mage to 50, but at some point I got bored. I read here and there that the game really improved in the meantime and I'd like to come back and give it an try.
    But I really want to play my mage with the pyromancer spec, and I probably won't enjoy the game as much if Pyro was somewhat too underpowered.

So, what is the state of pyromancers in Rift at the moment ?

PS: don't get me wrong, I don't want Pyro to be the OP spec, I want it to be at least viable and / or competitive in a raid setting

Pyro is pretty much the foundation of most mage specs atm. Two PvP specs, two PvE specs, even a healer spec.

Deleted
    Thank you. Another question : how is the gear grind to be able to raid ? I left the game with my toon freshly 50 and with little to no gear from the dungeons.
    How do you gear up when you hit 50 ?

Quote Originally Posted by whitepanda View Post
    Thank you. Another question : how is the gear grind to be able to raid ? I left the game with my toon freshly 50 and with little to no gear from the dungeons.
    How do you gear up when you hit 50 ?
    Craftables -> Dungeons -> T1 Raiding -> T2 Raiding -> T3 Raiding. It's pretty quick to be honest. Get into a nice guild and they will probably boost you along into T1 raids since they are easily puggable now.

What Tarien said. Pyro seems to be the best at dps for mages, and what a lot of people incorporate into their specs, though the healing one seems new to me (always heard chloro/warlock).

And the gear progress is what he said as well. And getting to 200 focus (I think it is) for tier 1 raiding isn't tough at all. I got that by doing about 10 dungeons I think it is on my mage after getting runes and craftables to get to the 100 required for the dungeons. I never tried raiding as my computer has a fit. I did, however, find a way for me to play on non-low quality render and get decent framerate, by reducing my resolution to 1260x768 or whatever that one is instead of going the 1920x1080 res of my monitor. I don't know if that would help with not killing my comp in raids, as I can't test it out.

Anyway, Tarien is correct. I just ended up blabbing on.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand..
    36/30 Pyromancer/Warlock is the standard mage dps build these days.
    38/28 Warlock/Pyromancer is the best single-target mage dps spec (if you have 4piece bonus from nyx warlock crystal).

Gearing up isn't hard. Fairly easy to find a guild to get you into Tier 1 gear and work on some Tier 2 pieces in very short order.

Halym would be correct.

Both 36/30 Pyromancer/Warlock and 38/28 Warlock/Pyromancer have their places in end game raiding.
    They are both DoT based specs, though 36/30 has a higher ratio of nukes to DoTs than 38/28.
    51 Pyromancer is a very easy and decent spec to play for non-progression content. It is your classic Fireball hurling spec though is not quite in the same league as the other two. Big Fulminate crits are fun though!

Two good Mage DPS builds.

[1.8] Rexer's DPS Guide (Single Target)
    http://bluedots.org/content.php?141-dps

[1.8] Pure ST DPS Guide (36/30 Pyro-Lock)
    http://bluedots.org/content.php?251-...o-Lock-(35-31)
    Last edited by Emrendil; 2012-06-12 at 10:10 AM.