Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hoooookay. How do I beat the rest or act 2 as a DH?

I have 100k dps with SS. I killed maghda no problem. I killed Belial phase 2 and 3 no problem, but ANYTHING with the cloaking snakes really friggin suck.

I feel like I have the dps to kill easily, I just wish there was a way for me to not get instagibbed after they cloak. What should my build/strategy be?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    I have 100k dps with SS. I killed maghda no problem. I killed Belial phase 2 and 3 no problem, but ANYTHING with the cloaking snakes really friggin suck.

I feel like I have the dps to kill easily, I just wish there was a way for me to not get instagibbed after they cloak. What should my build/strategy be?

I don't follow... You beat Belial, that is the end of act 2. What do you mean how do you beat the rest of act 2?

I had a friend tank it. I died damn near immediately when the snakes spawned
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by Oddling77 View Post
    I don't follow... You beat Belial, that is the end of act 2. What do you mean how do you beat the rest of act 2?
    Most people dont bother with the harder parts of the acts, they skip them by getting friends to open a save point or run them through the quests real fast. I know a lot of the people that got to act act 3/4 early on did this to farm the easier spots.

For example, my brother just hit 60 on his WD, he was farming siegebreaker about 30 minutes later because I invited him to my siegebreaker kill, which opened the save point for him to make his own game.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-06-14 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Most people dont bother with the harder parts of the acts, they skip them by getting friends to open a save point or run them through the quests real fast. I know a lot of the people that got to act act 3/4 early on did this to farm the easier spots.

For example, my brother just hit 60 on his WD, he was farming siegebreaker about 30 minutes later because I invited him to my siegebreaker kill.
    Yep....that's how I'm running Ghom. Is seigebreaker harder?
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

The siegebreaker run is really easy, specially since you already have 100k dps now. Just kite, a lot. I started it with much less dps and it was easy then. I also skipped the sewers as well because of the invisible one shots, I have since cleared it though.

I think seigebreaker is harder than Ghom by good margin, but im a DH. Seigebreaker just is a lot faster and have to dodge the charge. Ghom so fat and slow just walk around shooting him and kill a few adds here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Oddling77 View Post
    I think seigebreaker is harder than Ghom by good margin, but im a DH. Seigebreaker just is a lot faster and have to dodge the charge. Ghom so fat and slow just walk around shooting him and kill a few adds here and there
    Use caltrops, he will never come close to touching you, to me they are about the same difficulty. Siegebreaker doesnt have adds you have line up though, Just caltrop and dps/kite him down. He will never charge you if you keep enough distance, but you want him to charge so you can dump your hatred bar on him, its easy to avoid. Smoke screen will also break his charge animation as well, just have to time it.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-06-14 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted
    Tbh, I haven't found anything useful that work in act II. It is just filled with everything a glass cannon DH can do nothing about. Snakes going invisible, jumping lacuni, burrowing... whatever they are called, uber fast hungerers, etc. Act III is actually a lot easier, if you exclude the lickers. I farmed Maghda for a while but then just decided to die my way to Belial, who in contrast was incredibly easy.

The only option is basically to go survival gear and hope you can take enough hits to survive the insta-hits.

The hulking phase beast champ/elite packs can be a bitch, but doable. Its the ones that one shot with their tongue that piss me off the most lol.

So you guys are using caltrops. What rune? So how hard are the mobs before SB, on the bridge? Could I get 5 stacks
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

I'm starting Act 3 inferno soon but I have 33k hp, 360 resist all, 57k dps and nothing one shots me in act 2 including elites, mortar etc. I use SS, prep, caltrops with extra slowing rune, multishot, bola shot w/stun rune, nether tentacle arrow.

Deleted
    So you guys are using caltrops. What rune? So how hard are the mobs before SB, on the bridge? Could I get 5 stacks
    I use the Torturous Ground rune. Those two seconds being immobile are pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    I'm starting Act 3 inferno soon but I have 33k hp, 360 resist all, 57k dps and nothing one shots me in act 2 including elites, mortar etc. I use SS, prep, caltrops with extra slowing rune, multishot, bola shot w/stun rune, nether tentacle arrow.
    is that 57k w/ SS?

i cleared all of act 2 those snake things were a pain in the ass but what i did was have caltrops that stuns and make sure im always standing on one so if they pop up right on me i have time to gtfo.

i cant solo belial tho i dont have the dps to kill the snakes fast enuff and they end up killing me half way in the 2nd phase i only have 45k with ss so my dps is realy low.

DH asking how to beat act 2? Is this a troll post cause I thought every single DH was farming Act IV and Ponies

Yes, the 57k is with sharpshooter. Still gearing for Act 3 but i expect to be like 40k hp, 500 resist all, and 70k dps before I start.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 04:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    DH asking how to beat act 2? Is this a troll post cause I thought every single DH was farming Act IV and Ponies
    believe it or not, it isn't that easy when you die all the time from unavoidable damage and get 30 second rez timers. Originally i was 70k dps with 10k hp. Guess what? Good luck killing reflect damage with that which is most elites for me. Sure some people have 200k+ dps and melt shit before they get hit. Guess what? That isn't most. The gear for that is very expensive and its not fun dying all the time. So go play act 2 as undergeared DH and watch you tears flow when off the screen shit kills you, invisble mobs gank you, and every elite has something you can't stop from hitting you.

Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    So go play act 2 as undergeared DH and watch you tears flow when off the screen shit kills you, invisble mobs gank you, and every elite has something you can't stop from hitting you.
    Im playing an average geared monk, well good enough to supposedly beat Act 2 and cant clear anything. Id trade for an undergeared DH any day.

http://www.twitch.tv/karrad/b/321241040

Stats were near yours 44k w/o SS like 97k with iirc
    Put this up for a friend who was having problems with Belial. Go to 9mins in to see the kill. Quality is kinda shitty because i had just reformatted and had not had time to set things up properly.

Dh with bad gear is the hardest character to play in d3, I'm currently progressing through d3 again with 50k dps and like 17k hp on my dh, I don't think I'll get more as I can beat enrages with it and it's pretty fun to find ways to beat an encounter, like belial, with 50k dps you can't burst through p1 before he spawns adds, same with azmodan, he is pretty hard when you get 3-4 hell grasps phases, but doable.