Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Who is your favorite?

I did a search for this topic, and didn't find one, so sorry if there was one and missed it! Anyway....

Who is your favorite Youtube "personality"? Who's videos do you enjoy the most? For me, it's Totalbiscuit (Cynical Brit). His stuff is always interesting. I like Woodenpotatoes, too.

Oh, and I should specify, your favorite in regards to GW2, of course!

10+ Year Old Account
    Woodenpotatoes stuff has been really good lately

Deleted
    AND GET CRIT!!!

Dontain

And I like a lot of that Team Paradigm stuff.

I lost my respect for TB after the whole "We're aiming 24 hours of footage" and falling short thing back in Febuary.Don't really like many of the Youtube personalities much, but I guess my favorite would be TubeElephant.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2012-06-14 at 10:51 PM.

Deleted
    I agree with Mif about WoodenPotatoes and the huge work he's doing and have done in regards to GW and GW2, the gameplay of both, the lore behind the world of Tyria, BWE's and so on. I don't watch TotalB anymore...he used to be good, but now he's just bugging me with his reviews and comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamebreaker.tv is by far my favorite. They hold a weekly livestream show, you can catch the archives here:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-mmorpg/

Gotta love woodenpotatoes atm. Rly looking forward to his lore pieces.

Totalbiscuit is funny and prob my 2nd fav.

I haven't really cared about any of them since I was able to play in the first BWE. Videos just got really boring for me. It use to be all I did, I'd watch every video I could, and then BWE1 came and I've watched probably only 2 gamebreaker episodes and a couple dontain videos since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    I lost my respect for TB after the whole "We got 24 hours of footage" thing back in Febuary.Don't really like many of the Youtube personalities much, but I guess my favorite would be TubeElephant.
    I guess I missed that. I will have to check it out, unless you have a link?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I haven't really cared about any of them since I was able to play in the first BWE. Videos just got really boring for me. It use to be all I did, I'd watch every video I could, and then BWE1 came and I've watched probably only 2 gamebreaker episodes and a couple dontain videos since then.
    This is exactly what I feel.
    I follow TB, Jesse, Dontain, WoodenPotatoes, Lumin and all these people, but Guild Wars 2 wise... I just don't want to watch anything else, as I know all I want from playing.

Weirdly enough, other than Mike B, most people from Gamebreaker.tv really grind my gears. (Their coverage is GREAT, I just... their voices/personalities/everything makes me want to punch myself).

^^ Mike Bs the best.

Think most youtube personalities are awful, but I do try to keep up with the general zeitgeist of gaming. On occasion I enjoy Total Biscuit, Mike B, Day9, Yahtzee, Ciderhelm and Angry Joe [he's really funny].

Can't say I follow GW2 specific personalities too much. Fandom is a major deal breaker, I find it unworthy of respect. No need for GW2 coverage to the exclusion of everything else either. Like what are these guys gonna tell me I don't already know or did firsthand? I usually am shouting at the monitor at how stupid I think they are. XD

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I guess I missed that. I will have to check it out, unless you have a link?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjgK...ure=plpp_video
    Apparently my memory was a bit fuzzy and I remember him saying "We have 24 hours of footage" rather then "We're aiming for 24 hours of footage" and coming up short.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2012-06-14 at 10:51 PM.

It's a toss-up for me between GeekAndSundry (Felicia Day and friends) and DexterityBonus/PressHeartToContinue (Dodger Leigh). They both crack me up.

Deleted
    Shane Dawson :P

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjgK...ure=plpp_video
    Apparently my memory was a bit fuzzy and I remember him saying "We have 24 hours of footage" rather then "We're aiming for 24 hours of footage" and coming up short.
    Didn't TB get caught out of country for that beta and further fell ill right after he had to travel again for a Starcraft tourney?

I do believe that footage was nearly impossible to edit and present as well. As TB had no direct access and relied on his staff, also out of country, to dictate the experience of playing back to him so that he could form it into commentary.

Seems an impossible task to me. TB rarely does Let's Play vids or dumps unedited footage on channel. Frankly, it's grossly stupid to hold TB to fire over pre-existing contractual obligations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a YT subscription to most if not all of the names that were mentioned on this thread so it's really hard to say which one is my favorite. But i guess if I were to pick one personality for GW2 commentary I'd have to go with Woodenpotatoes, sure he goes off as a bit "fanboi'sh" at times but he makes alot of good points about the game and he's very thorough with the commentaries on his videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really like any of the youtubers that much. The only gaming journalist/reviewer I like is Yahtzee Croshaw because he's usually dead on and hilarious at the same time. Everyone else just feels like an amateur compared to him. I guess MikeB is pretty good as showcasing footage, but that voice... god damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite(s) are probably Yogscast, they are humorous and take the games for what they are, games. Jesse Cox is a close second from OMGCata.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, they all irritate me. It's just a question of which one irritates me the least I suppose.