Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Repair cost patch 1.0.3 not really working

So after the patch me and my barb when thru ac2 , me playing my WD , its supper easy now but ill tell u this i Have high damage and just stay clear of stuff but my barb friend has a prob even thought we dint die once he gets a repair bill of 18k+ and me only 5k- so what does this really help sigh this is not helping melee at all, and by far not gona stop me stacking DPS

Yea I've got to spend 15k every time i turn yellow(barb). Really makes me want to play a ranged class, at least then the only time i repair is when i screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
    Yea I've got to spend 15k every time i turn yellow(barb). Really makes me want to play a ranged class, at least then the only time i repair is when i screw up.
    wow 15k give me those repair bills. After my gear is yellow its like 40k and im wizard....

I believe people are taking durability every time they break a destructible item (something like 100-200g per item you break). You don't even have to die to have a high repair cost after a short time.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the amount of time it takes me to run up a 15k repair bill as a barb, ive probably made close to 100k+

Unless you're just walking into mobs and dying until your armor is red over and over I do not see how you're gold income from playing the game doesn't easily cover the repair costs...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
    My DH pays 40k in MF gear, regular gear is way higher. 15k is almost what I had to pay before they increased the costs

Yeah the repair bills are stupid. Just farming goblins, think I died around 3 times and had a repair bill of 23k. A full red repair cost me around 15k before patch. Really can't see the point in upping the price.

Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    Yeah the repair bills are stupid. Just farming goblins, think I died around 3 times and had a repair bill of 23k. A full red repair cost me around 15k before patch. Really can't see the point in upping the price.
    To disencourage corpse zerging or w/e it's called :/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Isn't the respawn timer for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Isn't the respawn timer for that?
    and what about when you don't die and your still paying over 10k?

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    For the amount of time it takes me to run up a 15k repair bill as a barb, ive probably made close to 100k+

Unless you're just walking into mobs and dying until your armor is red over and over I do not see how you're gold income from playing the game doesn't easily cover the repair costs...
    that is not the prob for us the prob is WD is range, and I only pay about 25% for repair to the cost of my friend playing barb, melee gets the bad end of this

i see the affix of indestructible on gear becoming quite popular.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    i see the affix of indestructible on gear becoming quite popular.
    but we’ve also decided we need to reduce the effectiveness of indestructible gear overall. Many players have commented that indestructible gear is such a dominant stat they feel it’s required.

how else could they encourage use of the RMAH to buy gold from blizzard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    If you're spending more on repair bills than you're bringing in, you're dying too much. Gold flows like a river in Inferno anyway. 10K repairs should be pocket change in inferno.
    Really... QFT.

15k repairs aren't that bad so long as you don't have to do 10 a run.

To you people whining about melee repairs even if you don't die...

I do act 1 end to end and only need to repair 3 times or so, 15k each.

45k in repairs for a whole run of act 1 that gives roughly 5 inventories of loot and a whole lot more in gold drops. It isn't really that bad...
    If people insist on whining... maybe they will reduce wear and tear on melee? I don't know. Doesn't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I was at 12k repair before patch from being all or mostly red. Now it seems to be around 50k. I haven't gone fully broken since patch, but I've gotten close.

If I want to try a goofy build on a boss I should not have to save up 100k gold for repairs.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having to repair from 30-45k depending on how broken my gear gets.. As a wizard -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    It haven't been that bad on my DH. I already went the heavy All Resistance/Vitality/Armor route before the patch, and it's working great now. If you feel you die too much in act X, then go to previous act. The very point of Inferno is is that it takes long time (months) to clear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    To you people whining about melee repairs even if you don't die...

I do act 1 end to end and only need to repair 3 times or so, 15k each.
    Notice he said he does act 2. Act 1 is a joke, compared to the rest of inferno.