Deleted

Lag Spikes is the hardest enemy ...

two weeks ago i started playing hardcore because i got bored of Softcore way too fast ...

for about 1 or 2 weeks i'm experiencing lag spikes, meaning that i can play perfectly smooth for 5-60 minutes and then suddenly i have 5 sec of screen freeze ... which kills me! or at least my hardcore characters ... so far i've lost two hardcore chars to those spike where i have put couple of hours into them ... and it's getting really frustrating ...

i'm wondering if anybody else is having this or a similar problem?

Sadly those spikes are that random, that i have no way (at least no clue) of how to track them ...

is there any solution to this?
    should i contact blizzard about that or rather my provider ?

thanks for all the participation up front.

here are same details:
    I use 5GHz wifi (only one around my flat so no interference) ... i have a 18mbit connection provided by UPC inode (Austria) and i live in graz ...
    i play on European Servers ...
    other pals that also use Wifi for gaming have no issues ... sadly non of them is customer of UPC so i have no way to proof if it's their problem ... sadly also nobody i know has got that lag spikes i'm talking about so far ... so also no way to proof that it's blizzards fault ... ^^

since many other games work perfectly for me (been playing the Secret World Beta weekends or Fifa12 online) i think that i might have to do with blizzard ...

Check for ping tools on the net. Find one with a built in traceroute tracker. Let it traceroute the Blizz server over a few days. Check on which devices your connection problems occur. It's possible your ISP can fix your route (if that's the issue) or you can use some VPN or proxy to solve some of the other possible issues.

If you wanna know more about the technical mumbo-jumbo that can cause lag issues, hit me up when I'm home from work (about 23:00 I guess) and I can invite you over to my TS3 and share some wisdom from working with ISPs and wifi for a couple of years. For the sake of easy communication in German nevertheless and since it's more or less a rather specific problem to your situation.