Poll: You vote here.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    High Elves (with different models than Blood Elves)
    This. They can totally fudge the lore if they have to and they really don't. (Just make the new High Elves the remaining High Elves combined with the many Half Elves that we haven't seen in game yet.) For Horde, get them Ogres. I don't care how ugly the females are. Just make it work. Please Blizzard, I beg you to implement High Elves. Hell, I wouldn't care if they didn't get new models while the Ogres did. But new animations & voices are a must though.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see either Ethereals and/or Arakkoa as playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnozis View Post
    I would like to see them do an expansion to two of the existing classes. Such as add taunka to the horde to compliment tauren and add like broken to alliance to compliment dreani.
    They only need to add those skins to the existing races since they are offshoots. I'd be fine with that...

15+ Year Old Account
    WTB murloc priest.

Every spell I cast will be macroed to /yell some variation of "MRGGHL GRGRRRGHL GRRRRRRL!"

It will be awesome.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I want rainbow ponys, sparkling vampires, and care bears

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see Ogre as a playable race.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Honestly, you could easily justify the high elves as a whole new race, especially considering the darkspear tribe (which probably consists of a good 3-4 trolls after all those wars) is justification for the jungle trolls. You have the high elves who were in the alliance expedition in warcraft 2, the high elves who were members of any of the human kingdoms (most notably warcraft III) during warcraft 3 and the high elves who went with Jaina to Kalimdor. If required, you could probably even introduce blood elves who became high elves again due to the power of the new sun well.

As for a model, you could probably just touch up the blood elf model. The blood elves are slightly corrupted and addicted, so a high elf could have a bit more colour on the face, have a less radiant skin colour, have a broader build (blood elf muscles and fat are probably degraded) and have less pointy and darker hair (no real lore justification, but would make them seem more natural).

Now, I'm personally not exactly jumping for the opportunity to play a high elf, but they can be justified, be given a unique look and don't pose mechanical problems.
    Last edited by ijffdrie; 2012-07-10 at 11:32 PM.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

There would be absolutely no way to rationally justify the development time for new models for High Elves who have no lore basis to need one. When they expatriated themselves from Quel'thalas, it's not like they changed skeletal structure. The Panderen annihilate any argument that they have to have a different silhouette. I don't think it's a great idea, mostly because I don't have a lot of lore-respect for them (I'd call them less High Elves and more Med-Low Elves), although it would be hilarious to see a "race" that is actually just a fraction of the race that is itself only the surviving 10% of a decimated nation quickly become the single most populated race in the game.

As for a genuinely new race... how are Ethereals not in this poll? I would be all about Ethereals. If Alliance want High Elves so bad, give Ethereals to the Horde; they naturally gravitate toward the Goblins' mindset. Playable classes -- Warrior, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Monk, Mage, Warlock, Priest.

Ogres for sure...I was disappointed to see both factions getting pandas for MoP. I really thought that Alliance for pandas and Horde with Ogres would have been the way for Blizz to go instead of taking the easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor11 View Post
    Ogres for sure...I was disappointed to see both factions getting pandas for MoP. I really thought that Alliance for pandas and Horde with Ogres would have been the way for Blizz to go instead of taking the easy way out.
    To be fair, the only established pandaren character in any of the games (not including easter eggs) fought alongside the horde against the forces of Daelin Proudmoore (who may have been part of the alliance of stormwind, the alliance of lordaeron or may have been independent at the time.).
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

MURLOCS. That would be friggin sweet. Expansion "Rise of the Murloc King"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've wanted Naga since WCIII, so that was a no brainer for this poll. A few others do seem interesting, but I am too much of a naga fan-boy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    There would be absolutely no way to rationally justify the development time for new models for High Elves
    Cutting a little earlier - there is absolutely no way to justify the colossally slow creation of new models. They should do something with that before creating another race. I mean come on, only very little actually get's on the model, everything in the game is just texture or attachment. And more than that, many find customization options very lacking. I for one would rather get all the races redone, with more options than some new stupid race.

There are only two things gained from adding new race anyway - money milkz and lore advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Margallo View Post
    RACES THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE AS PLAYABLE:
    Gnoll-Already perfect as a mob so no way
    Harpy-Same with Gnoll
    Kobold-Same with Gnoll
    Nerubian-Would be great to see the spiders in action, but still like I said for Gnolls they are mobs so NO WAY
    Quilboar-Same with Gnoll
    Every single playable race so far is a mob in game spread-ed around the world. orcs of hellfire, trolls of gurubashi, ETC
    But Because furbolgs / Nagas do make sense ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul for Horde!

Arakkoa are really cool. They have great models already that would just need minimum work to make them player character quality. It's also shown that there are some redeemed ones who live peacefully in Shattrath. They'd be neat in an outlands-revisiting expansion in the future.

Naga would be awesome but I feel like it'd be hard to justify them as playable characters since afaik they are all hostile and they're quite cruel really. They also have leadership structures that they are very attached to, there is almost always one that's "in charge" that all the others are willing to kill and die for. They don't seem like the type to sit and have a talk and make an alliance. They take slaves, not allies. Maybe a new faction could be discovered, who knows.

.... If we ever go back to Pandaria I want playable Jinyu and Hozen. They have beautiful models and animations and already have some armor fitted to them. They're neat. The Jinyu sort of remind me of Zoras from Legend of Zelda and the Hozen have nice (although also silly) voice and animation to them.

Ethereals would be super duper awesome, but I can't see them joining either horde or alliance because they are primarily interested in business, power, money, etc, with very few of them having any investment in conflicts or whatnot. They're cold-blooded killers if the pay is good. They could potentially be a neutral race that makes an alliance of convenience with either faction, similar functioning to the Pandaren. Hell, an expansion with two neutral races would be sort of neat - Arakkoa and Ethereals maybe?

But they might not be relate-able as player characters since they have little in the way of human features.
    Last edited by neccowafer; 2012-07-11 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see nagas and high elves
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    At of those, tough call between the Naga's and Furbolg's. If other, i would like to play as a Centaur or a Tuskarr.