Poll: You vote here.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more races, rather sub types, like Orcs being able to be Fel Orcs, or Trolls being able to become Dire Trolls, etc.

I think that would bring a lot more diversity than adding a new race.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    The only thing I have against ogres is that I really, really do NOT want to ever see a female one... I think I would go blind by the experience. I don't see how naga would work out since they don't have legs, how would boots, robes and pants work for them? Feels like the devs would have to do a lot of extra work for every new piece for it to go well with them if it was even visible at all in the first place. If they somehow did make it work I'm all for it though, but it would be like with the Goblins just a token force of them joining whereas the rest remains neutral/hostile.

I voted harpy though because there are nearly not enough harpy's in the game, and I would love to see an updated model of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is already quite full of playable races, but if i had to pick my choice, i'd say:

-Ethereals for Alliance, as we miss our greedy merchants (like goblins are for the Horde). You could say Ethereals are neutral and so cannot join any factions, but goblins were fully neutral before the Bilgewater Cartel joined the Horde.

-Ogres for Horde, i'd really like to see them as playable classes... Ogre Magi were one of the fearmost units in Warcraft 2 while playing Orcs after all!

Funny how no one mentioned centaurs, united centaur tribes could pose great threat, and considering their mutual hatred with tauren and heritage which comes from cenarius, i could see Alliance striking a deal with them to fight the Horde. We even had a NPC (Centaur Pariah) in Desolace who worked towards unification. Furbolgs (due to their connections with night elves and practice of druidism, could be a contenders for Alliance too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    -Ethereals for Alliance, as we miss our greedy merchants (like goblins are for the Horde). You could say Ethereals are neutral and so cannot join any factions, but goblins were fully neutral before the Bilgewater Cartel joined the Horde.

-Ogres for Horde, i'd really like to see them as playable classes... Ogre Magi were one of the fearmost units in Warcraft 2 while playing Orcs after all!
    Ehm I do not know if you intend to be sarcastic or you're just ... maybe I should shut up...

On the one hand you say that ethereals, despite being legally neutral, should be playable, because a race that was once completely merchant and neutral, now belongs to the Horde (referring you to the goblins) and on the other hand you say you love to see the ogres forming part of the horde again as they were in the Warcraft 2 ...

But my friend ... who was part of the primal horde in Warcraft 2? Orcs, Ogres, Trolls and ...Goblins! The goblins from the beginning have been allies of the Horde even before the most important goblin cartel (the bilgewater cartel) formally joined the horde.

However, the ethereals itself ARE neutral since always, so if one day they become a playable race (which in my point of view makes no sense), they will be a neutral race (which, as I will explain later, I deeply hate it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely to happen? Alliance Naga and Horde Ogres.

What I want to happen? Alliance Drakonids and Horde Ogres.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I think you could have a naga led third faction that included a good many of these options, disenfranchised groups of humanoids like ogres, kobolds, wolvars, vrykul, murloc, arakkoa.

The main problem with Naga is that something would have to be done about the fish tails, since models include equipment art for legs and feet.

The chances of a third faction are next to nil though because you would have to go back through all those old areas and include questing so you can get a character up to maximum level so you would have to do something even bigger than redoing the quests for vanilla like they did for cataclysm and throw in all the old expansions on top of that. How do you explain a third faction through wrath when historically they were not there (nor were pandarin or Worgen but that goes without saying...)
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-06-20 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Ehm I do not know if you intend to be sarcastic or you're just ... maybe I should shut up...
    No need to be rude.

I'm an Alliance fanatic and my dream would be, dragons to Alliance and kobolds to Horde; a viable option could be ethereals/ogres as i suggested.
    What else, in your opinion?

True, goblins in Warcraft 2 were part of the Horde, but they made their way in World of Warcraft as neutral.
    When i first started playing, i was disappointed that Ogres weren't a playable class, and that's why i hope for the future...

Ethereals don't have a Warcraft 1/2/3 background and so they can be manipulated in many ways, so that they could even join the Alliance someday.
    I agree i'd hate to see them as a neutral playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Most likely to happen? Alliance Naga and Horde Ogres.

What I want to happen? Alliance Drakonids and Horde Ogres.
    You will never have alliance Naga because the night elves are very mad at them for the betrayal of thier entire race and almost wiping them out at the hands of the burning legion. Naga are mad at the night elves for allowing Mages to return to thier ranks (the surviving highborn) after kicking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessMil View Post
    Horde: Ogre
    Alliance: High elf

Because they make most sense from lore point of view and should already be playable.
    Agreed, it would just seem abit to much to add another elf race... Horde could get Dark iron dwarfs. Not sure about ally. I guess High elf would be right. Ow ye btw, also Fel orcs would be pretty cool for horde!... been in love with them since warcraft.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 02:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    No more races, rather sub types, like Orcs being able to be Fel Orcs, or Trolls being able to become Dire Trolls, etc.

I think that would bring a lot more diversity than adding a new race.
    nice idea.
    Last edited by Johnkie; 2012-06-20 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Agreed, it would just seem abit to much to add another elf race... Horde could get Dark iron dwarfs. Not sure about ally. I guess High elf would be right. Ow ye btw, also Fel orcs would be pretty cool for horde!... been in love with them since warcraft.
    "Another elf race". That argument is quite often heard, but I don't really think it'd be too much. We have two elven races. We have three animalic races (or as some people would say, "furries"); tauren, worgen and pandaren. We have three small races (or as some would say, "midgets"); gnomes, dwarves and goblins. Undead and worgen are quite directly related to humans. Would one more elf race really be THAT bad, especially since they fit in the Alliance so well already, and in fact, are already a part of it?

Fel orcs would be really cool too. Not sure if story would support that, but there apparently are a couple of fel orcs in the Horde already, so I guess that too would work. Also, some Dark Irons are trying to get along with the Alliance now, but I wouldn't say it's impossible for some of them to defect to the Horde, especially if the political situation in Ironforge yet escalates.

Alliance: furbolg

Horde: ogre

None, we have more than enough now.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Ogre! "Me Crush you!"
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    Im surprised of all the naga answers, like.. how the heck would they look on a mount? I can't imagine it, to wierd..

but yeah.. some type of a reptile-ish race would be nice, like an argonian (from the elder scrolls) type of thing or something.
    Last edited by mmocb459402ede; 2012-06-20 at 03:30 PM.

IDK... I'd rather the current races with a deeper race diversity.
    Like the Wild-hammer or Dark Iron dwarves with different starting zones, skins and NEW FREKIN RACIAL ABILITIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    Im surprised of all the naga answers, like.. how the heck would they look on a mount? I can't imagine it, to wierd..

but yeah.. some type of a reptile-ish race would be nice, like an argonian (from the elder scrolls) type of thing or something.
    Exactly, one of the reasons to make Naga a playable race is that it is a breed with unique characteristics: a reptile-ish, aquatic, scaly and visceral race.
    Yeah, I know they do not have legs, but they would not be the first playable race that could change between two forms depending on the circumstances... or, what the hell! why all the playable races have to be bipedal? we underestimate the creativity of Blizzard to solve challenges like this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You will never have alliance Naga because the night elves are very mad at them for the betrayal of thier entire race and almost wiping them out at the hands of the burning legion. Naga are mad at the night elves for allowing Mages to return to thier ranks (the surviving highborn) after kicking them out.
    You had to read 3-4 replies to the thread to see how naga could be added to the Alliance easily.

Also, for further comments:
    legs - tail wrappers
    feet - tail rings
    mounts (throwing tail on a side, like maidens in dresses did in the middle ages)
    Anything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    That's easy. Splinter faction of Naga who have regained a sliver of their humanity and wants to Ally themselves with their ancestral bretheren with a goal to bring down Azshara and N'Zoth. With Malfurion/Tyrande being in the driver seat of the NEs I can't see them not welcoming them into the fold.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure naga and ogres are the two races that Metzen says he really wants to add down the line, and that man tends to get what he wants. Tails can be worked around. It's a little work, but it's not insurmountable at all.

If you've read the Warcraft magazine (RIP), you'd have seen this list of potential playable races for Cataclysm:

Gnolls, ogres, centaur, arokkoa, murlocs, ethereals, naga, magnataur, gronn, kobolds, troggs, earthen, taunka, tuskarr, furbolg, quilboar, wolvar, sporelings, rock flayers (what the fuck), yetis, goblins, worgen.

I think it gives a good idea of which races are still in the running at this point.