Perfomarmace Increase Since Patch?

According to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx, my laptop does not meet the requirements for the game. I knew this before release date, but I was able to play the beta with pretty bad fps and almost slow motion in some areas. Not much was different on live, some places were completely fine, others (mainly in Act 2 and parts of 3) were utterly unplayable, but I expected this.

But since the patch, my fps has increased dramatically. The game is actually playable. There is NO more slow motion, there are some areas where the fps gets... choppy, but its still playable and fast. So fast, as a matter of fact, I didn't realize how fast the base run speed was (facepalm).

In the patch notes I did not see anything about optimization or tweaking of any kind. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm ordering a new gaming pc this week and was waiting to really get into the game until I got it and put it together, but I can actually play the game now at a satisfying level.

Am I crazy or have you guys noticed this as well?

Same here. I have been playing a monk. With the FPS I had I had to use fleetfooted to move around, now I don't use it anymore. I'm even using teleporting attacks. Which I couldn't use before. It took me 15 tries and a special spec to kill Belial normal before the patch, one shot him last night on nightmare. lol
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

They definetly updated something to make it better, at least i can tell the AH is much faster for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I've had more rubber banding and a few cases where the game freezes for 5-10 seconds since the patch. It's actually gotten worse for me.

And for many users it is actually opposite after this patch (1.0.3). Game turned into fps-fest/stutter-fest, and it was very smooth before.

Or did they release another patch after 1.0.3 already? Asking honestly, as didn't log in D3 for this and other reasons for few days already.

It actually got way worse for me. Stutter-fest as the person above said. Really ridiculous if you ask me, when they say on their patch notes that they are fixing rubberbanding and stuff like that, and it actually starts happening to me after the suposed fix.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been getting more lag and stuttering post patch than pre-patch. I mostly only log on now to farm Act 1 inferno with friends like every other day. The game instability kills us if we get a lag spike on a boss or champion pack...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get this lag. Haven't experienced any since the day after d3 was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got worse for me, noticed at the bottom of the patch notes it said they had improved performance, but it clearly isn't game play (stuttering etc)... most probably the AH as that indeed does seem faster.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    I started to experience some lag after the patch. Not much but it's there (random backwards teleportation every 15 min or so, not a big deal), didn't have any before.
    FPS took a small hit, barely noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed a lot more rubber-banding than ever before, and as hardcore, that kinda scares me

Hmm, that's interesting. I've been wanting to start hardcore since release, but would not until I got the new pc because I didn't want to risk dying to a fps lag issue. Now though I'm confident that shouldn't be an issue. I can't attest to latency related issues, I still notice rubberbanding once in a great while and my connection drop to yellow speed, but fps wise I've gone from at best 5-10fps to around 30. In a lot of areas it seemed like 5 seconds per frame, much much much much better now. I'm actually able to enjoy playing the game without feeling frustrated.

Deleted
    i THINK (not certain) that they've changed the way the character moves according to FPS. before the patch when i was in act 2 sewers i got -50% FPS and that meant my character was moving very slow while mobs were unaffected (being server side). now the FPS feel the same but my character is just as fast. and yes i do notice some 0.5 sec freezes every now and then.

The AH seems to load a tiny bit slower for me. Not much though.. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Otherwise, I haven't noticed any changes... Then again, my computer is more than capable of handling Diablo III at max settings.
    Last edited by Riboe; 2012-06-25 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've noticed a lot more rubber-banding than ever before, and as hardcore, that kinda scares me
    Ever since the patch my DH has rubber-banded a lot (I use a wired FIOS connection so it's not me) making me not even bother logging into my HC char.

I think my lvl 40 WD is actually the highest HC char out of our group since a slew of deaths post patch =P I out leveled them by not playing!
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Agreed, the AH is much more responsive now. I can finally search at higher speeds. Maybe now I can get the gear I need to finish the game.

AH is more responsive for me, but actually playing is worse since the patch.

The stuttering is really annoying, sometimes it doesnt happen, others it makes playing quite annoying and hard on the eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    had some small rubberbandings since patch. nothing wild.

but the performance of the act2 waterdungeons and the oasis has been vastly approved.

so i would say i like that patch

Deleted
    Got a high end system and had much sluttering before the patch. After 1.03 i've seen a huge improvement and the game runs alot better.