Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is it better to be Homeless or in Jail

II saw a Doco here in Australia about all the homelesss people
    living in Las Vegas in stormdrains etc

And another doco about the homeless living in Illinois

A prisoner will prob get 3 meals aday incaracerated.

A Homeless man will struggle to feed himself & family.

At least in Prison its 3 meals & a roof

Homeless..no roof, no guarentee of meals

In Norway prison is luxury

10+ Year Old Account
    They both suck, for different reasons.
    Also, you can already guess which direction this thread will go in.
    "Prisons are like hotels. They should get the minimum of the minimum or should be shot."
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Yeah Brebank is made

I suppose that depends on the country indeed, here in the netherlands prison is like a 5 star hotel >.>

Deleted
    to be in jail you have to have done something.
    To be Homeless you would just have had to fuck your life over.

to me its equally bad. id probably rather be in jail tho there is a bigger chance of being raped in jail.

Deleted
    depends on where you live.
    USA? homeless ftw
    Denmark? go go prison life!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    I suppose that depends on the country indeed, here in the Netherlands prison is like a 5 star hotel >.>
    Either you've been to the worst 5 star hotels, or don't really know how a prison looks like, much less how living in it goes.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imtehrogue View Post
    In Norway prison is luxury
    Same in Denmark. homeless people should do crime and get in jail.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    II saw a Doco here in Australia about all the homelesss people
    living in Las Vegas in stormdrains etc

And another doco about the homeless living in Illinois

A prisoner will prob get 3 meals aday incaracerated.

A Homeless man will struggle to feed himself & family.

At least in Prison its 3 meals & a roof

Homeless..no roof, no guarentee of meals
    Living in Denmark and with prisons being Hotels or whatever..

It is better to live on the street, at least on the street you still have a remnant of the feeling of autonomy

Depends. Are you in one of the local jails (generally under 6 month stays) or are you going to be in one of the Federal Prisons?

Local Jails are easy. Work Houses are easy. Federal Prisons are not. (US)

Deleted
    Depends...

What am i in for? (Murder, Assult... you name it)

What country is this in?

These 2 things do so much. Being homeless in Denmark, aint bad. Being a Prisoner in Denmark aint bad.

Being homeless in USA, CAN be bad, depends on were. Being in prison in USA Is bad.

Imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Either you've been to the worst 5 star hotels, or don't really know how a prison looks like, much less how living in it goes.
    Lets see. I've seen what a prison looks like. Prison for robbery/thievery, and other "soft" crimes is not like the sentence for killing people. Danish prisons are very open and there's a lot of activities to get time passing by. Yes you're locked up, but you're almost free to roam the prison as you like, and do whatever you want, when you want. + 3 meals a day (and snacks), all you can drink, and a roof over your head. (And very comfortable cells).
    I'd choose prison any day over living on the streets. (OH! and you can get an education in prison!)

Deleted
    prison of course,sometimes you even get job trainings in prison or you can work in prison.
    That's why I don't get why homeless people don't do crimes and go to prison.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flammington View Post
    Lets see. I've seen what a prison looks like. Prison for robbery/thievery, and other "soft" crimes is not like the sentence for killing people. Danish prisons are very open and there's a lot of activities to get time passing by. Yes you're locked up, but you're almost free to roam the prison as you like, and do whatever you want, when you want. + 3 meals a day (and snacks), all you can drink, and a roof over your head. (And very comfortable cells).
    I think there are too many people that get broken by that soft life and have serious issues readjusting to society for that to be a fair comparison.. even in Denmark
    I'd choose prison any day over living on the streets. (OH! and you can get an education in prison!)
    Surprisingly you can also get an education outside of prison though it might be difficult with no address

Deleted
    If, by some series of unfortunate events, I were to end up homeless, and I had no other options for finding food, getting out of the cold or maintaining personal hygiene, I would probably try very hard, whilst minimising the risk to other people, to get a prison sentence.

There are, however, a number of schemes in the UK for providing temporary accommodation for homeless people, so hopefully, one wouldn't have to resort to that. I don't actually understand why there are still a lot of people sleeping on the streets. Drug addicts afraid to put cut off from their fix if they go to the government? Criminals preferring 'freedom' and bearing the elements?

Homelessness confuses and depresses me.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, freedom is the number one most important thing in life. If I'm not the master of my own life, I can't intellectually bear the weight of existence. My life has to be mine, or it's not worth living. I would rather die in the dirt than lose my freedom tbh. That sounds like I'm exaggerating, but I'm really not :S It's that important to me. Prison is not an option; I'll eat from the garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as im Dutch and this is a dutch prison cell:

Yea id choose the nice room over having to live on the street.

homeless. i'd wander. never understood the guys with no ties living in the first dry corner they came across.
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    They both suck, for different reasons.
    Also, you can already guess which direction this thread will go in.
    "Prisons are like hotels. They should get the minimum of the minimum or should be shot."
    Thanks for summing up the thread up perfectly!