Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hope is lost for Mages?

With so many classes getting countless flashy changes and interesting skills and talents..here Mages are late in the beta with the very same talent tree I thought would end up getting changed quite a bit. Nearly everything we have is already in the game...with a changed tooltip and perhaps a slightly changed name. Classes getting spell graphic changes who shared animations with a mage...but no longer..ex Soulfire. I feel like Im playing the exact same un-tweeked tune that I was playing during BC.

I wanted soooo soo badly to continue to play my Mage as I have since last Vanilla, but the class has become to mind-numbingly boring and flavor-less that I cant really make myself do it anymore.

Anyone feel the same?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    With so many classes getting countless flashy changes and interesting skills and talents..here Mages are late in the beta with the very same talent tree I thought would end up getting changed quite a bit. Nearly everything we have is already in the game...with a changed tooltip and perhaps a slightly changed name. Classes getting spell graphic changes who shared animations with a mage...but no longer..ex Soulfire. I feel like Im playing the exact same un-tweeked tune that I was playing during BC.

I wanted soooo soo badly to continue to play my Mage as I have since last Vanilla, but the class has become to mind-numbingly boring and flavor-less that I cant really make myself do it anymore.

Anyone feel the same?
    yep, they've gone from the difficult class to play to one of the easiest to pick up. it's the same with everyone though, every class is becoming mind numbingly easy. just the way the game's going unfortunately.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    We were perfect to begin with, we dont need flashy changes
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope is where you find it; and if you need flashy new spell graphics to keep you motivated, maybe it's time to pack and just move along?

I honestly don't give two craps if my spell graphics haven't changed in forever. I enjoy playing a mage, being the glass cannon, and finding ways to push myself to survive in situations I probably shouldn't be able to. I enjoy sniping something from a distance, watching that opponent waddling slowly in my direction only to die inches short of ever touching me. I wage war in the equivalent of a bath-robe; and, I do it with all the bullheaded zeal of Patton, cackling every step of the way.

#FlightIsImportant

Let this be true. Mage's have been overpowered since Wrath. They needed nerfing for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post

Anyone feel the same?
    You've been the FOTM for the entire game save for a small while in Sunwell where Warlocks did better. Suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    You've been the FOTM for the entire game save for a small while in Sunwell where Warlocks did better. Suck it up.
    QFT really. Of all classes, mages shouldn't be complaining at ALL. You have amazing new abilities on the way in MoP not to mention some of the highest damage output.

If you only want new flashy spell effects every expansion, the paladin forums are over that way <points>
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Deleted
    Funny how easy it is to just throw something out there with nothing to back it up. Im just going to counter that by saying - no not really, everybody knows that Mages have been the worst class both in pvp and pve since launch, not a very usefull statement but there you go.

To op - i think its the grass is greener effect. All classes gets some great changes and some not so great changes. People tend to compare the not so great changes to their class to the great changes for other classes.

Try playing a Shaman, and then come back and complain about being ignored and neglected.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a silly process that goes on in people's heads: "I love my class, omg look that other class is getting tons of changes, my class sucks" - you skip the in between parts that the other classes are getting so many changes because they are necessary and that mages are getting quite enough changes on their own, just fewer compared to some other specs/classes.

What this comes down to is the shit I've heard over and over again the last few months "but they need to change Fireball". I guarantee that if Fireball's visual was changed the entire mage community would suddenly say "this is the best class, we're getting tons of changes". Try thinking about it.

"Mages will be boring" is a subjective non-argument.
    "The Fire rotation might be a bit tedious because of the change to X and Y" - that's mostly objective and should go to the official forums and could be used as discussion material over here.

15+ Year Old Account
    How can something be "flavor of the month" for the entirety of the game? Your sentence is non-sensical, pointless, baseless, and only meant to insult a poster and class. I would infract for flame bating, but I think your post is punishment enough.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Hmm, mages just not good during SWP? Odd, I remember different times and I've been playing a mage since BC. Regardless, I doubt it'll matter alot if we get gimped or not, sucky players will still end up below me on the meters. Hur hur hur

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzow View Post
    We were perfect to begin with, we dont need flashy changes
    Pretty much this, I'm already perfect I don't need flashy changes.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Hmm, mages just not good during SWP? Odd, I remember different times and I've been playing a mage since BC. Regardless, I doubt it'll matter alot if we get gimped or not, sucky players will still end up below me on the meters. Hur hur hur
    There was no reason to bring a Mage to a raid since you could buy equivalent food/water from the SSO vendor, the zone wide buff provided a better version of Arcane Brilliance, our DPS was below Warlocks, we brought nothing to the raid, and our regen mechanic was at that time extremely out dated (still is actually).

That being said, we were fine in PvP at the time...mostly due to the strength of the other two parts of RMP.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    QFT really. Of all classes, mages shouldn't be complaining at ALL. You have amazing new abilities on the way in MoP not to mention some of the highest damage output.

If you only want new flashy spell effects every expansion, the paladin forums are over that way <points>
    oh, hi. you posted here, so i'd like to do the same. of all classes, mages can complain as much as they like to, and you have no power to stop it. head back to your paladin forum and squeal about flashy spell effects there!

OP's post was completely legit mages feel a little bit left behind in comparison to other new "toys". no need to come here and post just to post. and now... hopp hopp! off you go to your paladin forums!

Roflmao, every1 says mages suck? Dude, their ice barrier absorbs 180k dmg and mages can EASILY shatter some1 in combat. (pvp wise probably pve as well)

From my opinion mages are far by the most op class in the game (spriests as well).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Roflmao, every1 says mages suck? Dude, their ice barrier absorbs 180k dmg and mages can EASILY shatter some1 in combat. (pvp wise probably pve as well)

From my opinion mages are far by the most op class in the game (spriests as well).
    I just...no...just no,

Can we have one thread where someone of another class doesnt QQ, if mages where that bloody good, everyone wouldve rerolled by now,

End it here please,

*Nice avatar by the way, very mature*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    yep, they've gone from the difficult class to play to one of the easiest to pick up.
    Mages were never "difficult" to play

"Vanilla" Frost Rotation
    Frostbolt - Frostbolt - Frostbolt - (wait for tank to get some aggro and 5 stacks winters chill) - Frostbolt - AM - Frostbolt - PoM - Frostbolt - Frostbolt - Frostbolt - Frostbolt *Repeat to fade*

hey they changed the arc rotation a lot!
    it is no longer arc BL* 9001
    but now you have to use arc missles also!
    and perhaps some other spels

honestly i havent checked the changes that much, but i did read somewhere they were gonna change it :P

anyways, mages rocks
    period

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    No offence.. but mages were never difficult. Theyve been a 1 button class for half the game.
    I could sit here for the rest of the day going on about the sheer amount of spells we use in each spec, dont even go there with "Arcane is 1 button duh!" crap,

Each spec has its very unique way of dealing with fights and situations, compared to some other specs which have a solid prearranged rotation regardless of situation, thats fine, but because mage specs are Dynamic in the way that they are "priority" specs doesnt make them any easier or better,

Just stop QQ, instead of moaning about another class, practice to better fight them, whether it be in pvp or on the damage meters,

Yes we have a A LOT of spells that help manage different situations, but that doesnt make us any easier to play,

Some actual constructive and positive posting now, have a nice day