Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    Might wanna look at spellforce
    I second this, it's -the- RPG/RTS experience imo :P

Could look at Sacrifice too, but it's pretty old by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who can recommend me a good rpg or fps with co-op? Preferably fantasy setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post
    Anyone who can recommend me a good rpg or fps with co-op? Preferably fantasy setting.
    Borderlands 1 and 2 come to mind instantly. Fable 2 and 3 also, but they're not fps', and they are really bad, compared to fable 1. Especially fable 3.

Deleted
    Can anyone recommend me games similar to Ultraton?

I've found myself in the mood for a dark and gritty RPG with a decent story, plenty of side quests and a vast variety of locations to explore. Something along the lines of the original Shadow Hearts or Fallout 3/New Vegas, perhaps! Since I may end up forgetting that I posted this feel free to toss a PM my way with suggestions!

Deleted
    Looking for something a bit like Summoner 2. Not too bothered if it's an old game, or if it has bad graphics as long as the gameplay is responsive.

Features:
    RPG equipment managing/stat building
    Real-time combat (pause state optional)
    Strategic elements (optional) - ability to swap between characters on the fly. Positioning having an effect on combat & elements/damage types & resistances on skills/weapons/mobs
    Large world with multiple locations that change over the course of the game (like after finishing certain events, new areas/quests become available). Rewards backtracking and revisiting areas.
    Emphasis on exploration; hidden quests/items, things you pick up early game that are part of a quest much later on. Stuff like that.

Don't suggest Dragon Age, KOTOR or Darksiders

Skip to about the halfway mark to see how it plays:

Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-05-24 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Looking for something a bit like Summoner 2. Not too bothered if it's an old game, or if it has bad graphics as long as the gameplay is responsive.

Features:
    RPG equipment managing/stat building
    Real-time combat (pause state optional)
    Strategic elements (optional) - ability to swap between characters on the fly. Positioning having an effect on combat & elements/damage types & resistances on skills/weapons/mobs
    Large world with multiple locations that change over the course of the game (like after finishing certain events, new areas/quests become available). Rewards backtracking and revisiting areas.
    Emphasis on exploration; hidden quests/items, things you pick up early game that are part of a quest much later on. Stuff like that.

Don't suggest Dragon Age, KOTOR or Darksiders

Skip to about the halfway mark to see how it plays:

Try:
    •The Witcher 2
    •Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Hello. Im looking for a MMORPG (anime or other) that has realistic qualities.
    It would include things like this:

1. advanced crafting system in which that people have to seek out other players to buy from

2. Open world gameplay WITHOUT invisible walls that dont let you jump over a damn fence.

3. Nice community

4. Pvp, Pve, and RP capabilities

5. Action packed fighting that requires somewhat skill to play (for example, a weak dps would have to dodge attacks, or a tank has to block at the right moment with a shield or something to prevent major damage)

6. Player roles that actually mean something (for example, you wont see some hybrid tank/healer soloing dungeons)

7. The game requires teamwork for you to advance (PvE groups are encouraged in open world for better and more enjoyable gameplay)

8. (Optional) Probably rare or even impossible to have this, but im looking for a game were you can recognize people by not their name, but by their appearance. Dont want another game that just has 3 epic armor sets that 60% of the players wear.

9. (Optional) If theres an open world Pvp option then that would be nice

10. (Optional) Also if its possible for the game to have a customization housing system (kinda like clan dojos in Warframe) then that would be nice.

Please do not recommend Age of Wushu or Eden Eternal.
    Thanks for reading
    Last edited by Feremist; 2014-05-27 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I've found myself in the mood for a dark and gritty RPG with a decent story, plenty of side quests and a vast variety of locations to explore. Something along the lines of the original Shadow Hearts or Fallout 3/New Vegas, perhaps! Since I may end up forgetting that I posted this feel free to toss a PM my way with suggestions!
    You might try Resonance of Fate. I found it to be similar in look and dialogue to Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Some funny dialogue with a more gritty and slightly more realistic looking world. The battle system is also not the typical turn based, much like the Judgment Ring from Shadow Hearts.

@feremist ESO sounds like something you might like it has all but number six and eight and possibly seven depending on how you build your character class balance is still a little iffy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. I am looking for a good puzzle game (single- or multiplayer, preferably single player). Of course, it is a very broad request, so I will try to clarify what kind of game I would like to play. It should have an arcade kind of gameplay (that is no Kerbal Space Programs or other simulators), not very complex rules, and yet have really difficult puzzles on which you have to think sometimes for many hours. Also it should be high quality game, not some flash or Facebook game. Games I've already played can give you some idea on what I'm looking for:
    Supaplex
    Lemmings
    Atomix
    Incredible Machine 2
    These games are very old. Are there any modern games comparable to those (especially to Supaplex which is my #1 game of all times)?

Also, are there any Puzzle games (not Legend of Zelda) with story and interesting characters? Something like conversations from Bioware games, but puzzles instead of shooting at monsters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Also, are there any Puzzle games (not Legend of Zelda) with story and interesting characters? Something like conversations from Bioware games, but puzzles instead of shooting at monsters?
    Not so much "conversations" but you could try Thomas Was Alone. It has some fantastic narration that will draw you in. It's a bit of a puzzle-platformer type game. Don't be put off by the art (or lack thereof). It's a great game.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2014-05-28 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    feremist ESO sounds like something you might like it has all but number six and eight and possibly seven depending on how you build your character class balance is still a little iffy.
    Hey. Thanks for the respond. I have actually played eso and It has a bunch of major issues. From what I saw the community was pretty dead and most of the people who were talking were just the people who compare eso to the single player elder
    scrolls series. Also because of that guild bank glitch earlier in the game the economy is dead and all people buy is motifs. The open world dungeons is a nice idea but it doesn't really work. It encourages people to not group up and make friends because random people will help them. Also it's annoying how you can only travel within your own factions areas. It kind of makes the whole game feel like an instance to me.
    anyways..thanks for the suggestion but that whole game just seems off to me.

(I realize that you already said that it doesnt have numbers 6 and 7 but those are half of the major reasons im looking for "the perfect game" :P)
    Last edited by Feremist; 2014-05-28 at 03:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking for an MMORPG, and hoping someone can suggest something that I might not have tried.

What I'm looking for:
    1) F2P
    2) Enjoyable PvP (as close to "balanced" as any game these days can get would be good)
    3) Larger PvP setting (10-20 players on each team, I'm not really fond of smaller matches and larger ones cause me to lag out)
    4) Nice graphics

I have played WoW, Rift, Aion, GW2, Tera, Neverwinter Online, and am now testing Archeage alpha.

I am mainly a PvPer and would love to play something with a nice, structured PvP experience.

I've been on a break from WoW because currently PvP is too imbalanced (too much CC). I've been PvP'ing in Rift atm because I just don't know what else to play but I'm not sure I want to stick with the game...warfronts are enjoyable but it feels like conquest matches are required and my system just can't handle the lag. I've stopped playing Aion because it lacks structured PvP and the servers feel like they're finally at their death. I still play GW2 but have pretty much stopped PvP'ing in it because I find the 5v5 matches too small for my liking. I never did end up getting into PvP in Tera at all. When I played Neverwinter Online I did some minor PvP but at the time it was very unbalanced.

I plan to play Archeage when it launches but am looking for something in the meantime.

Is there anything that I may not have tried before that may meet these requirements?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Have you tried SWTOR, rivelle? I know it's not the best F2P system in the world but I actually enjoyed the pvp there and it has the group size that you are looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Not so much "conversations" but you could try Thomas Was Alone. It has some fantastic narration that will draw you in. It's a bit of a puzzle-platformer type game. Don't be put off by the art (or lack thereof). It's a great game.
    Thank you for suggestion. I've looked at Youtube videos and it seems quite fun - however it is a Flash game, I'd like something more... don't know how to put it, but you get the meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Have you tried SWTOR, rivelle? I know it's not the best F2P system in the world but I actually enjoyed the pvp there and it has the group size that you are looking for.
    Plus, it has Galactic Starfighter which is a HUGE lot of fun and is quite tough competitively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have not.

My next stops were probably going to be SWTOR and LOTRO if I couldn't find anything else enjoyable to keep me busy. I did kind of a preliminary search for more info on both games but didn't really get into it further.

I might have been partially swayed as I had talked to people who had tried the games but told me they were just "okay".

Is SWTOR something that can be enjoyable even if you're not a huge Star Wars fan? I liked the movies but never really got into the lore or anything. I am, however, a huge LOTR fan. I think I saw another thread where people said LOTRO is enjoyable if you just want to wander around Middle Earth? Is there PvP in that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I have not.

My next stops were probably going to be SWTOR and LOTRO if I couldn't find anything else enjoyable to keep me busy. I did kind of a preliminary search for more info on both games but didn't really get into it further.

I might have been partially swayed as I had talked to people who had tried the games but told me they were just "okay".

Is SWTOR something that can be enjoyable even if you're not a huge Star Wars fan? I liked the movies but never really got into the lore or anything. I am, however, a huge LOTR fan. I think I saw another thread where people said LOTRO is enjoyable if you just want to wander around Middle Earth? Is there PvP in that game?
    Just played through SWTOR last month.

It has a really good plot (as in, your character's plot). But it is buried sixty feet deep within that damned filler content. Didn't enjoy it very much. (Ratio is about 1 minute of awesome story content to 20 minutes of filler content).

LOTRO has no PvP, except in controlled Monster player vs human player pvp (ie, where you play as a monster and are restricted to killing only players who enter your zone that your penned up in). LOTRO is fun only at the endgame with friends.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Feremist View Post
    Hello. Im looking for a MMORPG (anime or other) that has realistic qualities.
    It would include things like this:

1. advanced crafting system in which that people have to seek out other players to buy from

2. Open world gameplay WITHOUT invisible walls that dont let you jump over a damn fence.

3. Nice community

4. Pvp, Pve, and RP capabilities

5. Action packed fighting that requires somewhat skill to play (for example, a weak dps would have to dodge attacks, or a tank has to block at the right moment with a shield or something to prevent major damage)

6. Player roles that actually mean something (for example, you wont see some hybrid tank/healer soloing dungeons)

7. The game requires teamwork for you to advance (PvE groups are encouraged in open world for better and more enjoyable gameplay)

8. (Optional) Probably rare or even impossible to have this, but im looking for a game were you can recognize people by not their name, but by their appearance. Dont want another game that just has 3 epic armor sets that 60% of the players wear.

9. (Optional) If theres an open world Pvp option then that would be nice

10. (Optional) Also if its possible for the game to have a customization housing system (kinda like clan dojos in Warframe) then that would be nice.

Please do not recommend Age of Wushu or Eden Eternal.
    Thanks for reading
    After thinking about it more i think what im looking for is not all of that stuff in post above. Now for 99.8% of people this idea (or less likely, this existing game) will sound crazy but here it is. I think that we have all noticed that in the last 2-4 years MMORPGs have become more boring, but i think that this might reignite some of that adventure and epic feeling that we use to have. And here it is. An MMORPG without any type of global chat, whispers, trade chat (or auction house), LFG(or que system), guild chat (maybe guild chat..), etc. Just one small local chat that can only be seen from about 50 feet away(except for maybe a mailing system). The gist of what im saying is "No world wide communication or transaction options". Yes yes i know this is crazy, but just hear me out.

It would allow the "advanced crafting system", as i mentioned in my other post, by making people have to make or seek out friends/people with certain professions. Also to get all the stuff you need you would probably make trade routes with people instead of just selling stuff to the highest bidder on the trading channel/auction house.

To run dungeons and raids you would most likely have to make a group a friends or join a guild, instead of just finding 1 time people by yelling LFG in a global chat channel.

There would not be people selling the mats everyone needs, armor, weapons, accessories, mounts, etc. by just by putting it at an auction house or spamming it in the chat.

No spam about gold websites :P

(a few people already have this) The people you have as "friends" would actually be your friends because you would have to talk, trade, and help each other out daily . They would not just some people you met a while ago and whisper to every now and then when you need something.

This type of system would have a lot of ups and downs (mostly ups in my opinion :P) but after the kinks are worked out then it would make a whole new type of MMORPGs that might just recreate that feeling of awe that we use to have.

If by any chance a game like this exists then say so below or msg me.

Highly Cooperative RTS?

I'm curious if anyone knows of an RTS or RPG that takes player cooperation beyond guilds, joint attacks, etc. I have in mind a game where players might build and defend a joint base/castle/spacestation/whatever. Maybe even a flight sim or fps where players jointly operate a spaceship or some other vehicle. I always thought it would be cool to have numerous players operating a large capital class ship in a star wars game, ie somebody piloting and others operating weapons. It seems like an MMO is the most likely place to find these features, but suggestions for pc, browser, or android also welcome. I'm aware of Eve and think they could eventually get there, but not quite yet. Appreciate other suggestions.

Thanks!