Quote Originally Posted by Olala View Post
    Now that looks really interesting! Nice re-take on platforming
    Here is a couple of brits playing the game (Lewis and Simon - if you know them - they're part of the yogscast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN6rJTPWgkE
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Question Suggestion for 3D spacechip-based F2P Exploration career MMO's?

I'm kinda new to this whole MMO thing so forgive me if this is the completely wrong forum to be asking this, however it seemed like google was getting me nowhere.

I've been curious about trying out one of these spaceship-based MMO's like Eve Online. I'm not so much for the whole combat angle so that eleminates a lot of the F2P options, and some of those are 2d and no offense but I don't want to feel like I'm playing a game from 1994.

I was wandering if there are any MMO's out there that are free to play, allow you to pilot, customize, whatever your ship, have an exploration career available (such as discovering jump points, planets and systems and getting naming rights as well as selling locations of bounties to bounty hunters and asteroid fields to miners and such by the use of stealth and electronic warfare and countermeasures) since I find the idea of that exciting.

I'm open to suggestions, if it's not free-to-play or it's 2d but you think it's good enough that I have to try it anyway (and includes a free trial), I'll give it a shot, but only if there are no other options available.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might actually be out of luck. For some reason besides Eve there isn't that many out there.

Here's to hoping some pulls a game like this out of the fringe of the internet and prove me wrong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a very odd MMO, but not any that i know is like that, sadly.
    I hope you find the game you are looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We really do need more sci-fi space MMOs games that isn't just star wars.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2014-06-14 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, other than the X series which is single player and EVE Online. There really isn't an alternative. Although EVE has made an attempt to be more user friendly in the past few years. You just have to watch where you go. Head over to the EVE thread, someone will glady give you a refer link.

There definitely was another game like it. I thought it was darkstar one but apparently that one is paid model now. Maybe it was only free in open beta or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetkiller View Post
    I was wandering if there are any MMO's out there that are free to play, allow you to pilot, customize, whatever your ship, have an exploration career available
    You'll find almost all of that in Eve or Star Trek Online. STO is f2p.
    (such as discovering jump points, planets and systems and getting naming rights as well as selling locations of bounties to bounty hunters and asteroid fields to miners and such by the use of stealth and electronic warfare and countermeasures) since I find the idea of that exciting.
    Eve is probably your only bet for most of that. There is some randomly generated exploration in STO but it is temporary instanced, daily mission type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    You'll find almost all of that in Eve or Star Trek Online. STO is f2p.

Eve is probably your only bet for most of that. There is some randomly generated exploration in STO but it is temporary instanced, daily mission type stuff.
    Star Citizen is coming out soon, not sure if its an MMO or just multiplayer, but it looks really awesome.

Star Citizen is an MMO, there is also Elite coming soon as well, but neither of these will be free to play.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    moved to video games

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently looking for an RPG to get off steam sometime soon. Already have Skyrim and rarely play so that one is already off the list. First of all, WoW is just about the only game i play and i am looking for something maybe a little different but also very fun and unique. After watching Game of Thrones, i've been wanting a fantasy RPG that has consequences based on your characters actions. Something with a damn great story and great cinematic's are a HUGE PLUS! However i really want a game with a great story in a fantasy setting. I am not looking for another MMORPG, need a break from them. I am looking for a single player game that is fun! I've been looking at the Witcher 2 and have considered it, but if you guys can tell me any other games that have what i mentioned, i will greatly appreciate your time helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Currently looking for an RPG to get off steam sometime soon. Already have Skyrim and rarely play so that one is already off the list. First of all, WoW is just about the only game i play and i am looking for something maybe a little different but also very fun and unique. After watching Game of Thrones, i've been wanting a fantasy RPG that has consequences based on your characters actions. Something with a damn great story and great cinematic's are a HUGE PLUS! However i really want a game with a great story in a fantasy setting. I am not looking for another MMORPG, need a break from them. I am looking for a single player game that is fun! I've been looking at the Witcher 2 and have considered it, but if you guys can tell me any other games that have what i mentioned, i will greatly appreciate your time helping me out.
    Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

I'm looking for a RPG-like coop game or MMO. Something like the multiplayer part of Mass Effect 3 (played that a lot ^^). In MMOs I realy enjoy doing dungeons, but I got tired of WoW (I realy liked the cataclysm dungeons). I tried SWTOR, Neverwinter, Rift and Wildstar but none of them is what I'm looking for. I don't like the animation in Rift and SWTOR ^^, in Neverwinter everyone just wants to bug through dungeons for fast loot ~.- and in Wildstar adventures are boring as hell and veteran dungeons are only fun with good grps and teamspeak (which is ok) but there is nothing to do if you just want to log in and play a few random dungeons. :<

Is there anything you can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Krushi View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a RPG-like coop game or MMO. Something like the multiplayer part of Mass Effect 3 (played that a lot ^^). In MMOs I realy enjoy doing dungeons, but I got tired of WoW (I realy liked the cataclysm dungeons). I tried SWTOR, Neverwinter, Rift and Wildstar but none of them is what I'm looking for. I don't like the animation in Rift and SWTOR ^^, in Neverwinter everyone just wants to bug through dungeons for fast loot ~.- and in Wildstar adventures are boring as hell and veteran dungeons are only fun with good grps and teamspeak (which is ok) but there is nothing to do if you just want to log in and play a few random dungeons. :<

Is there anything you can recommend?
    Have you tried Warframe? It isn't extremely RPG-like, but it does sort-of have a story, and has LOADS of different maps and is coop 1-4 player online. It's not p2w, but does allow you to pay to get stuff faster, so you can always get everything by playing the game normally.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarob22 View Post
    Have you tried Warframe? It isn't extremely RPG-like, but it does sort-of have a story, and has LOADS of different maps and is coop 1-4 player online. It's not p2w, but does allow you to pay to get stuff faster, so you can always get everything by playing the game normally.
    Yep tried it. Actually I tried it a few times
    But I don't get used to the controlls. Don't know not my game ^^

But thx for the suggestion =)

Hey guys.

Built my first gaming PC a few weeks back or there abouts, so now I'm currently on the lookout for some new games to experience. Here's a quick list of what I've picked up and played:

Skyrim
    Bastion (Loved this)
    FTL
    Wildstar
    Tomb Raider
    Alan Wake

I've got a PS4/PS4 so I'll have played most of the multiplatform games like Bioshock, Dead Space, Mass Effect etc. I suppose what I'm really after are exclusives. Kinda want to pick up Sim City. Anyway, any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm looking for a new RPG's and Strategy games to play (Steam only), any suggestions?

P.S. Already completed: TES series, DA series, ME series, Kingdoms of Amalur, Witcher series, DX series, Fallout series, Risen series.
    For strategy games, I've already completed: Total War series, Civ, Tropico series, Warcraft series, Wargames series, Starcraft series. Can you please suggest me a good strategy game that would blast my brains out?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    i just finished wolfenstein the new order. its pure gold, people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyle View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new RPG's and Strategy
    pretty sure you listed all the good rpgs of recent years already. you could try other games with rpg elements though, like Dishonored or Far Cry 3. i guess Mount & Blade technically counts as an rpg with strategy elements as well, but plays and feels rather unique (which can be great or terrible, depending on what you like).

for strategy, the Anno series (1404 and 2070 are the recent ones) is great, if you don't mind that it mainly focuses on city building rather than military action.
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown (and the excellent expansion pack Enemy Within) is also pretty good, although it's not traditional strategy, but rather turn based tactics.
    Last edited by Sy; 2014-06-17 at 09:45 PM.