Ok, thanks anyway. No harm in asking Hopefully a game will come out one day where you can have a bit more choice on which side of the story you play. It always feels like the general "skilled adventurer in the right place at the right time" kind of deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for a game where I can just sit back and play with a controller (on pc). I'm playing Axiom Verge right now like that and I'm enjoying it, so I'm looking for simple, arcadey games like that.

Also, I'm looking for rpgs with a great story that isnt any of the elder scrolls/fallout/bioware series or with turn based combat.
    Last edited by Icathian; 2015-09-05 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    I'm looking for a game where I can just sit back and play with a controller (on pc). I'm playing Axiom Verge right now like that and I'm enjoying it, so I'm looking for simple, arcadey games like that.

Also, I'm looking for rpgs with a great story that isnt any of the elder scrolls/fallout/bioware series or with turn based combat.
    Kingdoms of Amalur will fit that bill wonderfully; it has simple, arcadey combat, controller support, and is a great RPG. You've probably never heard of it because it had the misfortune of being released at the same time Skyrim came out, and thus got no attention whatsoever and resulted in one of the biggest flops in the industry's history. The setting was written by R.A. Salvatore, the same guy who made Forgotten Realms the beloved series it was back in the day. It's a must play anyways, so go get it. Steam usually sells it for a mere $5 during the seasonal sales. I will say, it's a very long game. I myself have - according to the counter - almost a hundred hours of play invested in it, and still have not actually finished the game (as in, kill the final boss).

Deleted
    I'm looking for an Android RPG, playable completely offline (so no internet connection needed, no extra account needed, no patching at start needed) that isn't any of the BG:EE games (I'm playing those on PC). I don't mind paying for it, but it has to be playable without an internet connection. It also has to be playable on a Galaxy S4.

I'm looking for some inexpensive pick-up and put-down games. I just built a new machine and want to see what my 4690 and 390x can do.

Current games are pretty much the full blizzard suite. I do have some steam games - h1z1, heroes of m&m, civ5. I have the newer sim city.

Currentmy interested in trying Rocket League. Any other recommendations? I like games that I can pick up and play for 20-30 minutes and put down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I'm looking for some inexpensive pick-up and put-down games. I just built a new machine and want to see what my 4690 and 390x can do.

Current games are pretty much the full blizzard suite. I do have some steam games - h1z1, heroes of m&m, civ5. I have the newer sim city.

Currentmy interested in trying Rocket League. Any other recommendations? I like games that I can pick up and play for 20-30 minutes and put down.
    I like Binding of Isaac. It's a roguelike and whenever I have like half an hour I'll just do a quick run and see how far I get. Pretty fun stuff.

Shower with your Dad Simulator 2015: Do You Still Shower With Your Dad
    0,99€ on Steam, and quite a lot fun game types and bonus rounds that appear.

Deleted
    I would like to play game similar to latest Xcom ( Enemy Unknown / Within ). Any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Shower with your Dad Simulator 2015: Do You Still Shower With Your Dad
    0,99€ on Steam, and quite a lot fun game types and bonus rounds that appear.
    Oh... Oh my

Oh... Oh my
    Just buy it! You know you want to! I got quite a few hours of fun from it
    Worth it for that price, without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I'm looking for an Android RPG, playable completely offline (so no internet connection needed, no extra account needed, no patching at start needed) that isn't any of the BG:EE games (I'm playing those on PC). I don't mind paying for it, but it has to be playable without an internet connection. It also has to be playable on a Galaxy S4.
    While I have not personally played it on a mobile device (I played it on the DS and this is the mobile port of it). Dragon Quest V is a fantastic RPG that is 30+ hours long and is an offline title without third party accounts or in app purchases. If you enjoyed the older 16-bit RPG games then I very much recommend it. The only thing you might not enjoy that I'm reading from the reviews is that the game is portrait mode only.

Hi all, so like a few people my game of choice is WoW, however I find myself logging in with less and less to do. All I tend to do atm is login try to get a few dungeon/raid mounts. Then I log off, still wanting to game.

I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Shadows of Mordor and I've been thinking about what to play next, that's where the conundrum comes in. I've narrowed my options down to the Batman Arkam games, Dead Space, The Witcher, Mass Effect or Dragons Age. Any help in choosing would be great. Please no spoilers!!!

If you want to suggest other games that are not listed, please do.

Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys -

I'm picking up a 3ds this week, and am looking for some RPG suggestions. Im like turn based and strategy (my favorites, for example, are Dragon Warrior(quest) and Shining Force, Disgaea, Phantasy Star)

I already plan on picking up Pokemon Y, Dragon Quest 4, 5, 6, and 9, and Bleach Third Phantom (don't judge, obsessed with Bleach)

Any other suggestions, or other good games in general I should look at picking up? Appreciate any advice, I haven't had a handheld in years and am severely out of touch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Hey guys -

I'm picking up a 3ds this week, and am looking for some RPG suggestions. Im like turn based and strategy (my favorites, for example, are Dragon Warrior(quest) and Shining Force, Disgaea, Phantasy Star)

I already plan on picking up Pokemon Y, Dragon Quest 4, 5, 6, and 9, and Bleach Third Phantom (don't judge, obsessed with Bleach)

Any other suggestions, or other good games in general I should look at picking up? Appreciate any advice, I haven't had a handheld in years and am severely out of touch.
    Fire Emblem: Awakening hands down. One of if not the best SRPGs franchises out there and Awakening is one of the best of them. FE:A is a must buy for anyone who has a 3DS.

Just be careful, you'll fine yourself wanting to play through all of them after playing Awakening.

I already plan on picking up Pokemon Y.
    I'd also recommend that you get one of the ORAS (Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire) remakes as well. In ORAS, after you beat the game, you're able to go out and catch pretty much all the mons and non-event legendaries that are not already in X&Y. Ofcourse, if you're not interested in catching them all, then Y's battle maison should be sufficient. You also get access to twice as many mega evolutions, and the plot of ORAS is straight up classic.

And yes; Fire Emblem: Awakening.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have not played a Pokemon game since LeafGreen. I don't even know what a mon or mega evolution is. No joke.

I have not played a Pokemon game since LeafGreen. I don't even know what a mon or mega evolution is. No joke.
    A 'mon is an abbreviaton for "a pokemon".

Mega evolution is a new mechanic in the series that allows some Pokemon (not all of them can do it) to pretty much go ultimate mode, with super-powered stats, change in ability, and sometimes a change in type (ie, Sceptile goes from a grass type with overgrow to a Grass & Dragon type with Lightning Rod). The mechanic is thoroughly explained in both XY and ORAS during the main plot, so you won't need to Google how it works really. The lore behind Mega Evolution is also explained during the plot of both XY and ORAS, though XY is a bit more in depth as to why and how Pokemon Mega Evolve, while ORAS is more about the history of Mega Evolution.

In fact, the entire premise of your journey as a trainer in XY is not to fill out the Pokedex (it's considered an optional objective from a story standpoint - a first in the series), but to instead discover the secret behind Mega Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by hnlntm View Post
    Hi all, so like a few people my game of choice is WoW, however I find myself logging in with less and less to do. All I tend to do atm is login try to get a few dungeon/raid mounts. Then I log off, still wanting to game.

I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Shadows of Mordor and I've been thinking about what to play next, that's where the conundrum comes in. I've narrowed my options down to the Batman Arkam games, Dead Space, The Witcher, Mass Effect or Dragons Age. Any help in choosing would be great. Please no spoilers!!!

If you want to suggest other games that are not listed, please do.

Thanks in advance.
    If you enjoyed Shadows of Mordor's combat than you'll enjoy the Arkham games as the combat is identical. Except your Batman.

The Witcher 3 is arguably the greatest open world RPG ever and certainly the best on the market currently. The writing, world building and immersion, dialogue, and animations are the best ever. You may not like the combat. I highly recommend it though.

I also recommend the Mass Effect series as well. The first game is a space adventure driven plot. It does have one foot stuck in its KOTOR inventory and loot system. Mass Effect 2 is a character driven story and jettisons the old school system for full on action shooter RPG. Mass Effect 3 is the big save the galaxy finale. A lot of great character writing.

I tried Dragon Age: Orgins and Inquisition and quit just after the starting zones. They just didn't click with me, so I really can't comment on them. I never played Dead Space.

Rereading this I haven't really helped you narrow things down. Here's a buy order instead with why:

1. Batman Arkham Saga (because they're the most similar to SoM)
    2. The Witcher 3 (widely hailed as the greatest RPG game made so far)
    3. Mass Effect Trilogy (excellent space action RPGs)

7+ Year Old Account
    Want to play a single player game with great boss fights. I want to do mostly boss fights not other stuff. Kind of like raiding but in a solo way. Already done brawlers guild and endless 30 proving grounds in wow :P
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekslol View Post
    Want to play a single player game with great boss fights. I want to do mostly boss fights not other stuff. Kind of like raiding but in a solo way. Already done brawlers guild and endless 30 proving grounds in wow :P
    Dark Souls is the first game that comes to mind. It's an action RPG where the bosses are pretty much the real meat of the game, although sections between bosses can also be long and/or hard.