10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nah, if you're a completionist you have to take all the paths When I played I choked out all the guards at first, then went into all the secret areas/shortcut tunnels for exp/praxis points/mods then disabled all the cameras and turrets and robots, then blew up all the disabled turrets and robots.
    haha, i did that too! xD
    and don't forget about first obtaining every password/keycard, and then hacking everything anyway because bonus xp! :I
    Still it's not an open world game. It's perfectly linear first person/stealth game hybrid with some RPG elements.
    i suppose you're right. it's been a while since i played it and it felt rather open to me, but thinking back now there actually weren't all that many open areas.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Make sure to install YSA mod, if you want to go with this one. Without it, it is easier than LEGO for 3 y/o kids.
    that sounds interesting!
    Last edited by Sy; 2014-02-02 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted

I need a new MMO RPG...

I dare say i'm an "allround gamer", i've played action adventure, fps, sports games, RPG's, sandboxes and strategy games. But none entertain me as much as an MMO RPG. I started WoW back up after i quit a year ago, and im glad i did. The community these days disgusts me so much that i'm done forever with WoW. That and the inevitable "its about time WoW died". I've played TERA online for a bit, but i didnt like the looks and feel of it. Mostly due it being a free game. Besides that it ran like shit on my computer due to relatively high requirements.

Now guildwars sounds interesting, but so does wildstar, TESO and possibly Titan. I signed up for all beta's but never got in sadly (think i need better computer specs). So that leaves me with Guildwars 2, which i kinda wanna try first before buying it to see if it runs at all on my computer. Are there free trials around? Should i buy a new computer (is it worth it?), or do you know any other easy on the specs MMO RPG's?

Wait for Wildstar, that is all you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

GW2 is kind of crap. It was a huge disappointment. It looked great looking at it on videos etc, but when you actually play it, it's hugely disappointing. If ur not a PvPer, do not get it. The PvE endgame is below par, and incredibly buggy/boring, boss battles are hard but the fact that they are quite buggy doesn't make it that kind of challenging hard, but that more "this is absolute bullshit" kind of hard, and u really cba doing it. I've looked at Wildstar myself and while it does look promising, I've kind of trained myself to expect the worst when it comes to MMOs. After being disappointed by the lackluster gameplays of GW2 and SWTOR, I don't expect new MMOs to be that fantastic really. You can try GW2 out if you feel like it, and it may be ur kind of game, but I spent £50 on it, and it REALLY wasn't worth that much. I'd wait till it goes on a sale-weekend event, which regularly happen, then get it then and try it out - but I definitely would not pay full price for it.

IMO - Wait for Wildstar, looks pleasing, but like I said, don't get urself too worked up/pumped about it, cause it could be a huge disappointment.
    RNG. The Numbers are dark and full of terrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Are there free trials around? Should i buy a new computer (is it worth it?), or do you know any other easy on the specs MMO RPG's?
    Tera is a highly, highly optimized MMO. If it runs poorly on your PC it is unlikely lesser optimized MMOs such as Rift, The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 will at comparable fidelity.

There is no trial of Guild Wars 2. You must buy the game or wait for very limited "trial weekends". There have only been a couple of trial weekends in the 2 years of GW2. The game is a one time purchase with no recurring fee.

Guild Wars 2 is a 3rd era Action-MMO with a high emphasis on non-linearity, horizontal progress and casual play. It can be quite different philosophically from other MMOs of the 2nd era [WoW, EQ2, Rift] that entrenched players may find off-putting or esoteric. Such as no role trinity, highly involved action combat, lots of puzzles, no endgame, no instanced raiding, etc.

Of 2nd era MMOs, Rift is as good as the genre has ever seen. However, if fatigue with the play systems of World of Warcraft than Rift may feel equally tiresome. Though in design and fairness to the player, the game is exemplary in all regards.

Rift runs HORRIBLY however. Despite it's relatively lean graphics, Rift is admitted by the developers to have numerous performance issues. Even high end PCs can chug along in Rift inexplicably.

Wildstar is still unfinished. Though it is an... unfinished game. The game is not well designed in the least, however. I can't say more without breaking the NDA.

Star Wars The Old Republic is also a 2nd era MMO like Rift. It's basically World of Warcraft in Space with the Star Wars license. A rather sloppy game from an operational POV. Though has it's elements of strong design; narrative drive, solo play facilitation, heroic areas, interesting small group instancing, etc.

Star Wars The Old Republic can run erratically depending on PC when set to high settings. Though I haven't had any issue save turning down the gfx on a bit of an older laptop.

Though SWTOR's F2P model is rather punitive. FYI.

Neverwinter is another F2P game, 3rd era MMO, action combat of course. Horrible F2P model, but great combat and overall game mechanics. Runs really well on older machines in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Tera is a highly, highly optimized MMO.
    Did we play a different TERA?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    GW2 is kind of crap. It was a huge disappointment. It looked great looking at it on videos etc, but when you actually play it, it's hugely disappointing. If ur not a PvPer, do not get it. The PvE endgame is below par, and incredibly buggy/boring, boss battles are hard but the fact that they are quite buggy doesn't make it that kind of challenging hard, but that more "this is absolute bullshit" kind of hard, and u really cba doing it. I've looked at Wildstar myself and while it does look promising, I've kind of trained myself to expect the worst when it comes to MMOs. After being disappointed by the lackluster gameplays of GW2 and SWTOR, I don't expect new MMOs to be that fantastic really. You can try GW2 out if you feel like it, and it may be ur kind of game, but I spent £50 on it, and it REALLY wasn't worth that much. I'd wait till it goes on a sale-weekend event, which regularly happen, then get it then and try it out - but I definitely would not pay full price for it.

IMO - Wait for Wildstar, looks pleasing, but like I said, don't get urself too worked up/pumped about it, cause it could be a huge disappointment.
    Do wait for Wildstar. The beta is amazing so far! It should release in spring this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always recommend Final Fantasy XIV when people are looking for new games to try. Since you can pick up a digital download with a Free Month attached from Amazon for $15 it's well worth it even if you quit playing after a month. I really enjoyed the story quests and the ramp up difficulty in dungeons as I progressed from 1-50. It was the first MMO that I actually paid for 3 months at a time because I enjoyed it so much.

I dare say i'm an "allround gamer", i've played action adventure, fps, sports games, RPG's, sandboxes and strategy games. But none entertain me as much as an MMO RPG. I started WoW back up after i quit a year ago, and im glad i did. The community these days disgusts me so much that i'm done forever with WoW. That and the inevitable "its about time WoW died". I've played TERA online for a bit, but i didnt like the looks and feel of it. Mostly due it being a free game. Besides that it ran like shit on my computer due to relatively high requirements.
    I'm kinda in the exact same boat as you. Definitely an all-around gamer now, and MMOs do give me a bit of (almost) everything that I enjoy a lot. WoW's just losing its flavor to the point where I'm taking a permanent break unless they actually improve a ton of stuff.

Now guildwars sounds interesting, but so does wildstar, TESO and possibly Titan. I signed up for all beta's but never got in sadly (think i need better computer specs). So that leaves me with Guildwars 2, which i kinda wanna try first before buying it to see if it runs at all on my computer. Are there free trials around? Should i buy a new computer (is it worth it?), or do you know any other easy on the specs MMO RPG's?
    GW2 was a HUGE disappointment tbh. It was okay, but the skills felt boring and weak, plus the 0 end-game was really irritating. Plus, any group content was next to impossible at level.

I've heard amazing things about FFXIV, but I don't think I really want to go with another subscription MMO for a bit.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    plus the 0 traditional end-game was really irritating
    Fixed that for you. There's a ton of stuff to keep you busy at max level for a while, from WvW to map clearing to running story modes and fractals. There's just not the traditional raid based end-game that exists in other second generation MMO's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played Guildwars 2 for two months, just another MMORPG that can't keep me playing.

Played them all, nothing gives such a good combo pack as WoW.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinto View Post
    Did we play a different TERA?
    Tera is widely regarded as one the most optimized MMOs of all time. The level of fidelity capable relative to system specs is unmatched by any Western released MMO. The Unreal 3 engine is one of the most robust platforms of it's time.

By necessity Eastern market MMO must often meet the criteria of having high graphical fidelity on low end hardware. Tera is quintessential in this regard for currently playable Western market released MMOs.

Tera = Decent game with good combat. Questing is dull and old school.
    GW2 = Fun for the first 30 levels and then you will get bored out of your mind guaranteed. Not worth $50 but you can find it for $30.
    Neverwinter = Fun game good combat, doesn't feel like a big huge world, feels like a world that is very linear and lot of instances.
    Rift = Different version of WoW can be a fun game, but combat is not up to par.
    SWTOR = Restrictive F2P model, but if you like story and RPG aspects this would be the best choice.

My personal suggestion is take a break from MMOs, play some RPGs and then play all the new ones coming out like WildStar, ESO etc. Or if you like building you can buy yourself into EQN Landmark Alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2 was a HUGE disappointment tbh. It was okay, but the skills felt boring and weak, plus the 0 end-game was really irritating. Plus, any group content was next to impossible at level.
    GW2 has 0 end game? And group content is very challenging? Wow, that might be my kind of game!

As for the OP's post, you can try Path of Exile. It is Diablo-like game, but with incredible character customization. Although, as in every hack'n'slash game, the gameplay gets tedious very soon.

Deleted
    I checked some wildstar gameplay footage but so far it doesnt look like my cup of tea. ROSE online was better graphics wise.
    Ill look into neverwinter for a bit.

Endgame isnt really needed as in "i wont be raiding or dedicating/planning time for a game". Skyrim i had LOADS of fun for example.
    If TESO is an online version of skyrim, i'll glady buy a new gaming rig for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Tera is widely regarded as one the most optimized MMOs of all time. The level of fidelity capable relative to system specs is unmatched by any Western released MMO. The Unreal 3 engine is one of the most robust platforms of it's time.

By necessity Eastern market MMO must often meet the criteria of having high graphical fidelity on low end hardware. Tera is quintessential in this regard for currently playable Western market released MMOs.
    It runs well, but not stable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fixed that for you. There's a ton of stuff to keep you busy at max level for a while, from WvW to map clearing to running story modes and fractals. There's just not the traditional raid based end-game that exists in other second generation MMO's.
    Sorry, this is true, my b.

When I first played though, there wasn't much of anything outside of WvW. Though, won't the lack of PvE progression kill it for a lot of people?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    GW2 has 0 end game? And group content is very challenging? Wow, that might be my kind of game!

As for the OP's post, you can try Path of Exile. It is Diablo-like game, but with incredible character customization. Although, as in every hack'n'slash game, the gameplay gets tedious very soon.
    There's a difference between very challenging with pugs and very challenging with friends. When it's too difficult to do with randoms, then you've got a problem. Also, the skill sets are VERY bland and disappointing.

PoE isn't an MMO, albeit a significantly better hack-and-slash than D3 will ever be.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

When I first played though, there wasn't much of anything outside of WvW. Though, won't the lack of PvE progression kill it for a lot of people?
    The lack of longterm linear progression may be a negative for some people, but it's not inherently bad. There is still plenty to do to get your character fully geared in normal/fractal gear in terms of progression. In addition, there is still the entire rest of the world to complete, which is all still "relevant" content as you're mentored down to the zones level when you enter it and progress through each zone is tracked.

I been in MMO's from 1999 till today. I still play a little EQ as F2P and recommend it. I am going to try EQ:Next. I still raid in wow because I been raiding with mainly the same group for 5 years and have fun talking and shooting the shit with them. I have Wildstar beta I shared my friends keys with 2 people I gamed with for years and 1 loves it, 1 hates it and I am meh about it. Don't get me its nice but it really nothing "new". I hope Next offers a new type of experience till then just having fun.

I'm going to be pathetically self-promoting and say to play NEStalgia. It's free currently. So at worst case you decide it's not for you and move on to something else. There are plenty of other suggestions in the thread, eh?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice