Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Guild wars and your current game of choice.

Alright so right now my current game of choice is technically World of Warcraft although I am not playing it due to having nothing to do but level my 7th class and I just don't feel like it for the time being, i hop on an play Gears of War with my friends and yesterday i started a new survival Minecraft server for me and my friends to try and pass the time, its... OK i guess.

My question(s) is, at this point what do you think will release first Guild Wars 2 or Mists of Pandaria? I really want Mists to come first based on the fact that I have both it and Guild Wars paid off, but enjoyed the BWE2 event so much that it really killed a lot of my WoW drive.

I am going to continue playing Warcraft and I am looking forward to Mists, but i know there is a very good shot that ill be hooked enough on Guild Wars 2 to discontinue playing Warcraft.

So my multi-part question is. Will you continue to play your game of choice (swotor, tera, wow, rift, ??). Are you in the waiting for both Mists and Guild Wars 2 boat? if so will Guild Wars be putting an end to your current MMO's playing days? Or of course you could only be interested in Guild Wars an currently not playing anything or just sticking with non-mmo games?

For now I myself say i will continue playing Warcraft along side Guild Wars 2, but i say that now, only time will tell if its enough to justify keeping it around.
    Last edited by Barcasaur; 2012-06-27 at 05:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If mists comes out before Guild Wars 2 and there is still no release date AND my friends get mists, I will get mists.

Either way I will stop playing everything else once GW2 comes out.

I personally want that to happen cause i at least want to level up thru mists, train pets in the new pet battling (seriously this feature could easily take place of raiding for me >.< just get LFR gear and level my pets xD) and see what all there is to collect, but with the release of guild wars i just have that feeling ill be on it full time.

Deleted
    I think it's more important to blizzard to release MoP before most annual pass people have done their year. They will lose lots of subs and money the longer the wait between end of annual pass and release of xpac. Blizzard pretty much must release MoP around september - november, the sooner the better in terms of profit.
    However, ANet will continue making money while people wait for the release, since they probably have people pre-purchasing the game daily and will have until release. They are not in same boat as blizzard and can afford a wait if needed, most people already adapted to the wait involved with this game so they can't really let people down =) Blizzard on the other hand have failed in the past with too long time between last patch and next xpac and got a playerbase that's less likely to be patient and understanding anymore (that's why we see the increase in "special offers" )
    That's my speculations

About other games and GW2? Well, I will at least keep both rift and star wars in mind. If I get to play them, time will tell. It's more a real life issue with lots of stuff going on giving me less spare time rather than how I will choose one game over another. But with less time to play, I'm most likely going to choose the game without subfees the months when I don't have more time to play than a couple of hours.
    But I will follow the updates and future of rift and star wars, I like them both =) And I will swap between playing them until gw2 is released as well

Deleted
    Been playing WoW since release. Don't like the change of the game and the company Blizzard made over the years. And I'm not a big fan of paying a monthly fee for a game that has more Bots in it than players. But it seems Blizzard likes it that way since they do absolutely nothing about it. Well I don't want to get to deep but I will not get MoP.

Guild Wars 2 all the way and no other MMO besides that since playing only one MMO is already pretty time-consuming.
    Last edited by mmocf7e03b0f7c; 2012-06-27 at 06:23 AM.

Ill actually agree with Silza. I didnt play since release, actually just joined in ToC, but I felt epic at that time, and since then it just went downhill. I will say that even by feeling not so drawned to WoW, I still think so far is the best, so I kept playing and playing. Im playing actually BF3 right now as filler, since even diablo3 only held me for 100hours.
    When gw2 I intend to have it as my full attention, probably not even going to buy MoP. and Use the monthly fee from Bliz to support and get some goodies for fun at GW2. Much better investment if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    ... Use the monthly fee from Bliz to support and get some goodies for fun at GW2. Much better investment if you ask me.
    You damn right it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    If mists comes out before Guild Wars 2 and there is still no release date AND my friends get mists, I will get mists.

Either way I will stop playing everything else once GW2 comes out.
    One should not underestimate warcrack. You may feel like you can get out, but it will pull you back in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    One should not underestimate warcrack. You may feel like you can get out, but it will pull you back in!
    Nah, GW2 is much more addicting, but there's the small problem that it's not playable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Nah, GW2 is much more addicting, but there's the small problem that it's not playable right now.
    It will be in about 10 hours as of posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    You damn right it is!
    I know it may sound stupid but I do feel like I helped and did something to improve Gw2 as a whole, and even further feel like part of the community/family there, so supporting it makes me feel actually pretty good, while sub for WoW always felt like a hassle lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Haha, while that can be very true, I feel like gweed2 :O will hook me up good. If they want me back they will need to rethink alot of things (and I played beta MoP). They are on the right track but end game content at max level and dividing the game so much into small niches just to try to keep everyone interest is making it fall apart for me. Too little of content focused on me for me to be hyped, not to mention the rate of the updates. Thats where in IMHO gw2 is ahead, fun content from the very start.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Your basically asking:

Q:Which game will come out first?
    A:Mists is set to launch between nov-dec, So guildwars 2 will already be out.

Q:Will Guildwars2 Kill Mists of Pandaria?
    A:There will always be fans of One or both games, So no it wont kill anything.

Deleted
    So far it looks like GW2 will be released before MoP is. This is no guarantee however - Blizzard might finish and release MoP ahead of schedule, or they might release it in a buggy and unfinished state to contend with GW2. Likewise, the polishing of GW2 may take longer than we anticipate.

Personally, I'm currently not playing any other MMO, but this isn't because I plan to play only GW2. GW2 is somewhat responsible through raising my standards for what I expect from a massively multiplayer game, but unless there's an aspect I really like about an MMO I'm not likely to get it these days. WoW has lost that aspect to me. SWTOR has that aspect in the form of an excellent personal storyline, but it's not good enough to warrant a subscription model in my opinion. TSW might have it in the form of investigation missions, but that depends on how well they've tightened up combat mechanics and particularly weapon recoil. PS2, possibly, though I'm not a huge fan of competitive FPS games... might give it a try at some point.

My main focus in games when GW2 is out will be single player games along with it. Particularly thinking of Dishonored, XCOM, Assassin's Creed III, and Watch Dogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have time for one MMORPG in my life without it seeming unhealthy to me.

One of the best things about GW2 imo, is the fact that there is no sub fee to make me feel obligated to play every day, and I can enjoy non-MMOs like Diablo, Mario, Sonic, Pokemon, Disgaea, Final Fantasy, ect.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I'm getting both definitely. I've always liked WoW and love what they are doing for MoP. I won't play WoW so hardcore this time though and will enjoy myself but I think most of my time will be taken by GW2 as it looks incredibly awesome!

Deleted
    Actually I was on Lotro till few weeks ago, then I tested TSW and I preordered it. But GW2 will be my choice when it will launch. So I guess I will try TSW, playing it till GW2 comes out, and then focus ONLY on GW2. I can't play more than one game at the time due to very little time for games I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Sincerely hope mop comes out first and with a good few months before GW2, mainly because I want to get levelled and geared for raiding with my guild and then use GW2 as a side game, I really like the idea of the exploration, Ive always been one of those 100% people and I dont think that Wow's achievment system is enough, I really like GW2 style. I will definitely play both.

Quit WoW last year. So i wont pick it up with MoP, after 6 years its been enough. My time will be spend playing GW2, Planetside 2 (when it comes out) and whatever other titles that comes my way. And my gf is trying to get me hooked on LoL, maybe she succeeds and ill be playing a bit of that aswell.

So i should be good.

My MMO of choice will be Guild Wars 2. The last MMO I played was WoW and that was almost 3 years ago.....(Hides SWTOR case).

I dunno what would come out first, I HOPE GW2 and I hope it's brilliant enough to make many many ppl to quit WoW/cancel MoP preorders/not buy MoP at all.
    Would I quit my current game for GW2? Sure, I only have (will have soon) The Secret World, and as fun as it is I don't expect it to keep me busy long. SWTOR/Rift/Tera -- already quit them.