Epic Battles or carefully planned demonic strategies?

I just had to post this.

I'm not talking epic as in you 3 shotting a boss, or 500 little 30hp minions. I'm talking about a demonic balls to the wall ambush.

I go to the second level of the Silver Spire, on nightmare. Talk to the image of Rumford, and the ambush begins. In comes(from the north) Turrask, Patron of the mad, with arcane enchanted, and horde, so he has like 5 mobs with him to begin with. Then Rumford spawns the elite mob who is supposed to be there, and the checkpoint you revive at on death.....is right on top of them.

This is a full scale, gonna kick my ass invasion. I die, and realize that I'm going to be rezzing on them, to which, I die again. Third time I rez and book it for the teleporter. I regroup, change my spec, port back, and they are waiting for me. 1 second into the level down goes the arcane orbs along with 90% of my health. I kill 1 of the non-elite mobs and get the hell out of there.

This was one of the best fights I have encountered in D3. Lots of fun.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty normal, but it's those kind of fights I live for as a hardcore player. I had one recently that was a full run from one end of the map to the other. Arcane, mortar, waller in one (hell) that was a blazing guardian, so it even dropped fire spots. My god, I was sweating but the elation when I defeated them all was something you just don't get every day.

I'm in hell atm. I got a 4 pack of champion Imps. Fire chains Frozen and Vamp...I just cant kill them.

*EDIT*
    OMFG!!! I finally figured out how. Spirit Regen + Lash Kick with its uber knock back. I just started kick spamming them apart. during the fight I get the Imp slapped achieve. I get them all down to about 2%. My game locks up and crashes....
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-06-26 at 01:49 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

i dont know how a battle can be epic on nightmare or even hell ... game is easy on those difficulties. and on inferno it is just about getting the gear from AH to avoid 1 shots and being able to one shot the enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    i dont know how a battle can be epic on nightmare or even hell ... game is easy on those difficulties. and on inferno it is just about getting the gear from AH to avoid 1 shots and being able to one shot the enemy...
    From nightmare onwards the elites have the possibility of combinations (vortex + arcane for example) and to be honest at that point it depends how good your gear is, nightmare is near enough as hard as Inferno if your gear is bad.

Personally I died a lot more in nightmare and hell when leveling my barbarion than I do in Inferno now, and that has nothing to do with how well I was playing.

So much of the game relies on the gear you have, I had a hell of a time getting through nightmare on my barb until my bud spotted me some gear and now I'm flying through hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    From nightmare onwards the elites have the possibility of combinations (vortex + arcane for example) and to be honest at that point it depends how good your gear is, nightmare is near enough as hard as Inferno if your gear is bad.

Personally I died a lot more in nightmare and hell when leveling my barbarion than I do in Inferno now, and that has nothing to do with how well I was playing.
    open AH while leveling, cheap gear less than 50k gold each slot.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    open AH while leveling, cheap gear less than 50k gold each slot.
    Whats your point? Maybe he doesn't want to buy gear from the AH. That is a choice some people make.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-06-26 at 04:46 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Or the fact that when I leveled my Barbarion was the first few days of the games release, I didnt have the gold to buy upgrades, wasnt really aware of the AH that much and there wasnt a whole lot on there anyway, so I didnt have the AH to gear him. I'm fine spending gold to level a char though I would certaintly never pay as much as 50k per slot, not even close, not for leveling.

I think the last lvl60 I leveled I was spending at max of around 1-2k gold per piece apart from a legendary cain set helmet I paid 15k for that lasted from lvl23 to lvl60. Spending 50k gold on leveling items is crazy, you can get good upgrades for 1k or less.

Like i said though, some of the most difficult battles and crazy situations happened for me during nightmare and hell, and I died more often than I do now when playing inferno. Though when I first progressed through inferno I certaintly died more, looking at act 2-4. Mostly because of gear though, the required gear jump from act 1-2 was absolutely massive, as it was from 2-3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Arcane, mortar, waller in one (hell) that was a blazing guardian, so it even dropped fire spots.
    My friends and I ran into a pack of rares the other day in the Realm of Shadow that were Blazing Guardians with Illusionist Mortar something something (I want to say desecrate and teleport). It was ridiculous, so... much... fire.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Whats your point? Maybe he doesn't want to buy gear from the AH. That is a choice some people make.
    did i point a gun at him and force him to do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    My friends and I ran into a pack of rares the other day in the Realm of Shadow that were Blazing Guardians with Illusionist Mortar something something (I want to say desecrate and teleport). It was ridiculous, so... much... fire.
    Illusions don't spread fire fortunately. That's how you can tell which one is real and which one is fake.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.