Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    The release date is coming very, very soon. I'm excited! I think it sucks though that this is happening in Germany. Way to have huge things happen oversea's where a lot of us can't be.

Glob forbid someone other then America should get something special.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    start of July = 30% DS nerf
    start of August=35% DS nerf
    start of September = pre-patch
    mid september = release of MoP

This is based on the fact they have been upping the nerf at the start of each month. The in-game files allow it to go up to 35%. It was stated that the prepatch will last 2 weeks.
    it was also stated those increases would not be linear in time

Every time when Blizzard announces things like this the expansion comes out month later... so I guess we know when to expect it...

Everyone keeps forgetting that they updated the Brewfest event in MoP. That means release will be before Brewfest. Why update Brewfest now, only to have T14 lvl gear drop a year from when we will be on T15 gear by then. Makes no sense. I believe the release will be end of August, early September.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Awesome looking forward to it!

I think we can expect an official release date very soon as well!
    Blizzard ALWAYS had the best gaming cinematics

Deleted
    it better be awesome!

Deleted
    MoP december release inc.

Quote Originally Posted by healyg View Post
    hmmm.. with guild wars 2 coming out on the 28th.. you'd assume mop to come out close to it.. this doesn't leave much room.
    I still do expect a release date within the next week or so, simply because, now that ArenaNet has set their release date, Blizzard will try to crash into it for their own benefit. The cinematic will be unveiled at the event in August, and the game will probably wind up on shelves within the following week.

Blizzard has really overhauled MoP, trying to compete with the finalization events for Guild Wars. Opening beta announcements for GW2, a week later, the MoP beta is announced, Live-beta announcements for GW2, MoP beta goes live a week later. Now that we've heard a release date, I'm quite interested to see if my prediction will be correct.

This is based on the fact they have been upping the nerf at the start of each month. The in-game files allow it to go up to 35%. It was stated that the prepatch will last 2 weeks.
    Tbh cant wait till it gets 35%. Even now it's insanely easy, and I'm starting to feel LFR is harder than normal

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Makes no sense commercially to release in september, it's a 'low' month .... Other spends are high on the priority list at that time. Marketing wise it doesn't make sense, and , well, blizzard is marketing.
    Tell that to guild wars 2... released Aug 29 2012.. obviously Blizzard will try to match that one.

Funny, they really waited for GW2 announcements before making theirs.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    The release date is coming very, very soon. I'm excited! I think it sucks though that this is happening in Germany. Way to have huge things happen oversea's where a lot of us can't be.
    What a narcissistic comment.
    You realize that the majority of wow players don't live in the USA, right ?
    And that they have to travel from very far, oversea, to visit Blizzcon ?

I think it's great that Blizzard still does some events like the 2008 worldwide invitational in Paris, or the 2007 worldwide invitational in Korea.

Deleted

what? 35%? god >.> it's already farm-mode for so many guilds already

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felaful View Post
    I still do expect a release date within the next week or so, simply because, now that ArenaNet has set their release date, Blizzard will try to crash into it for their own benefit. The cinematic will be unveiled at the event in August, and the game will probably wind up on shelves within the following week.

Blizzard has really overhauled MoP, trying to compete with the finalization events for Guild Wars. Opening beta announcements for GW2, a week later, the MoP beta is announced, Live-beta announcements for GW2, MoP beta goes live a week later. Now that we've heard a release date, I'm quite interested to see if my prediction will be correct.
    You made some good points, and I do think people generally have underestimated how tied the MoP release is tied to Blizz competing (and/or being worried about) GW2. They should be, it's looking awfully good and the first real competition for wow. It's not a coincidence that the GW2 release date was announced yesterday and the next day we get the opening cinematic date from Blizz. I also think Blizz was waiting for the GW2 release date announcement to upstage them with doing the MoP release date. I think you'll see Blizz continue that pattern, with them announcing/releasing pieces of MoP shortly after GW2 dates.

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    Everyone keeps forgetting that they updated the Brewfest event in MoP. That means release will be before Brewfest. Why update Brewfest now, only to have T14 lvl gear drop a year from when we will be on T15 gear by then. Makes no sense. I believe the release will be end of August, early September.
    When WotLK released mid November, the following Brewfest(you know, almost a year later) featured renamed trinkets that you could buy with points at the beginning of the expansion. Brewfest gear has never been close to comparable with the latest tier.

Blizzard needs to keep their people busy, and maybe not everyone is qualified to do the work that is needed to polish off Mists, so maybe they put people on doing relatively unimportant(but still necessary) stuff like updating holiday gear? It's not like they're redesigning the entire thing for MoP, just changing a few stats on the same old items.

I'm not saying the release won't be when you say. I'm just saying you can't rely on friggin Brewfest gear as an indicator.

15+ Year Old Account

You sir are exactly correct. MoP release will be mid September.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about Blizzard cinematics, or game cinematics in general. But this is a pretty clear indication that MoP will be released somewhere between mid-August and mid-September, inclusive.

Moving on...

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post

I'm not saying the release won't be when you say. I'm just saying you can't rely on friggin Brewfest gear as an indicator.
    If there was no need to update Brewfest, then why do it in the MoP release? It would be a wasted resource. If MoP was not being released before Brewfest, then they could wait till after MoP release to update Brewfest for the following year.
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

So can't wait for MoP release...I've been itching for a beta invite but as of yet..no luck :S

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Tell that to guild wars 2... released Aug 29 2012.. obviously Blizzard will try to match that one.

Funny, they really waited for GW2 announcements before making theirs.
    I wholeheartedly agree, and it's not coincidence to me. I expected a large announcement from Blizzard when I read that ArenaNet announced their release date for GW2. They have made every move based on what news they got from ArenaNet, and I still find it entertaining.

Mike O'brien and several other members of ArenaNet were the system designers for ALL of Blizzard Entertainment's games. I'm sure there is PLENTY of butthurt on Blizzard's end because it's basically Activison versus the ORIGINAL creators of the current number 1 mmo.

I know a lot of people spread this crap around about "Oh, this is gonna kill WoW, and "WoW is always gonan be the greatest thing that has ever happened to the gaming industry," and honestly, I don't know. I CAN tell you that with former Blizzard system designers and game developers on ArenaNet's side, fully aware of what Blizzard is capable of, ArenaNet has the capability to do some damage. So far, yes, everything on their end is much better from the overall game design, to the simple customer service and interaction with the fan base in a POSITIVE manner. ArenaNet has ASKED people what they wanted in a game, and credited all of us with making their game what is is now. Blizzard has criticized, and told US what we wanted, and basically given us a really crappy "beat-around-the-bush" attitude. We will see what impact it has on MoP.

I've seen endless promotions and what I'd call bribes, to keep people hanging around Warcraft. Activision-Blizzard has also thrown out a ton of half-assed games this year in order to keep themselves up there after losing such a large fan base, and also to combat any other rival games that were jumping up the boards, or looked potentially threatening. It's getting pathetic, really.

With that being said, I've seen the suit, but they could surprise me. As far as I'm predicting, expect a release date posted up here on MMO-Champion by the end of next week. We will see what half a year of work, compared to over 5 years of work can do. Blizzard can't rely on their reputation to hit a homer for the sales office records this year. I would imagine at this point, they will push out the same time as GW2 so that they can at least give themselves a false sense of satisfaction provided they manage to sell more copies of their game on opening day.

I wish both companies luck on sales this year, but for me personally, this World of Warcraft is getting old, and I'm seeing something new in a whole different area of gaming. This is MY personal opinion, and I will take that. I've worked with Blizzard entertainment before, and it's nothing personal. Some of the systems that were being switched out in cataclysm, for things such as looting were designed and incorporated with my assistance.

I take great pride in a game that I was able to be a part of more than just by playing, and I won't forget the first steps I took on Azeroth, and noticing how huge the world was. Now, it no longer seems so large, and things are all too much the same. For a lot of people, their time is done, and that's fine, it's their choice. For others, normal is a comfort zone. Things being the same is good, and it's safe; but for others, such as myself, our time here is done, and it's time to venture out into new worlds, and discover new and exciting things. For those who are also interested in doing so, step forth knowing that you can always go back at anytime. Everything will be waiting for you, changed or unchanged. Whether you decide to move on or stay behind is ultimately your choice. Don't let anyone judge you on that decision. The beauty of having the ability to make choices is that you can make those choices, uninfluenced by others. After all, if you're simply going to do something because other people influence you, what good is having the ability to do your own thing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    What a narcissistic comment.
    You realize that the majority of wow players don't live in the USA, right ?
    And that they have to travel from very far, oversea, to visit Blizzcon ?

I think it's great that Blizzard still does some events like the 2008 worldwide invitational in Paris, or the 2007 worldwide invitational in Korea.
    Blizzard is an American company. Sorry bout it.