Cross Faction Mounting

I was wondering if racial mounts would work account wide like the rest are.

For example, a troll has a raptor...so when 5.0 hits a human will now be able to mount the raptor

or a Tauren on a Elekk?

Unfortunately, no. While I think that would be a cool addition, the only way you'll have a Human riding a raptor is if you have either the old ZG raptor mount or the new ZG raptor mount.

Nope, faction-specific mounts will still be restricted to their faction of origin.

Also, that threat title would be really interesting in the Moon Guard forums. :P

darn, a tauren on a strider would be great

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindfire View Post
    darn, a tauren on a strider would be great
    "Strider"? Both hawkstriders and tallstriders can be ridden by tauren. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I think he meant a Mechano one :P

I guess it would be possible if you were alliance and that orb of deception changes you, but doesn't that only change the horde appearance based on what alliance race you are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Oh, I forgot about mechanostriders. :'D

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    oh yea, sorry for the vague statement

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post

I guess it would be possible if you were alliance and that orb of deception changes you, but doesn't that only change the horde appearance based on what alliance race you are?
    Yea, I have it on my night elf and I change into undead, I'm not sure what race gives you tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Blindfire View Post
    oh yea, sorry for the vague statement

---------- Post added 2012-07-19 at 11:52 PM ----------

Yea, I have it on my night elf and I change into undead, I'm not sure what race gives you tauren
    I *think* Gnome gives you Tauren, not exactly 100% sure on that, though.

So will I be able to ride my Swift Zhevra (that's currently on my H-Druid) on my A-Paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    So will I be able to ride my Swift Zhevra (that's currently on my H-Druid) on my A-Paladin?
    RAF mounts are not account wide.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    RAF mounts are not account wide.
    ^ That's not true. The source for that statement is from a customer support rep, and in all likelyhood, they meant at this moment, which is true. I can't speak for for the Zhevra (Not having it), but both my rocket and Nightwing have the "Account level Mount", which means they are usable account wide. I really wish people would keep saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    ^ That's not true. The source for that statement is from a customer support rep, and in all likelyhood, they meant at this moment, which is true. I can't speak for for the Zhevra (Not having it), but both my rocket and Nightwing have the "Account level Mount", which means they are usable account wide. I really wish people would keep saying that.
    That same CM also said that them being account wide on beta right now is a bug.

We're going by an official source. Got a problem with it? Go take it up with blizzard, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    That same CM also said that them being account wide on beta right now is a bug.

We're going by an official source. Got a problem with it? Go take it up with blizzard, please.
    Could you link your official source? I am considering getting one so I don't have to drop a bunch of gold for a sandstone drake. But if they are not account level then i most likely won't get one.

Oh and to stay on topic, faction mounts turn into the other faction mounts when you faction change, so I'd guess it will work the same with account mounts.

EDIT:

Nevermind found them myself.

Originally Posted by Mumper
    We have been discussing this issue the last couple of days and we made the call to make the following mounts account-wide:

Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
    Grand Expedition Yak
    Mechano-Hog
    Mekgineer's Chopper
    Sandstone Drake
    Grand Ice Mammoth
    Ice Mammoth
    Jeweled Onyx Panther (all color variants)
    Cloud Serpents (all color variants)

At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.

Thanks for your feedback on this issue!
    Originally Posted by Vrakthris
    No, the rewards from the Recruit a Friend promotion are specific to the character that receives it. We have received word that the current plan is that these mounts will remain specific to a character and not be made account wide.
    Though it doesn't say "At this time" it does say "At this point" which can be an equivalent. As in, "At this point in development we're thinking that it should work like X". Feedback is still important though.

As always it is best to provide any feedback you may have for Mists of Pandaria content in the relevant areas. Mists of Pandaria is still very much under construction and very few things are written in stone.
    So no they are not account wide, not or apparently in mists.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Could you link your official source? I am considering getting one so I don't have to drop a bunch of gold for a sandstone drake. But if they are not account level then i most likely won't get one.

Oh and to stay on topic, faction mounts turn into the other faction mounts when you faction change, so I'd guess it will work the same with account mounts.

EDIT:

Nevermind found them myself.

Originally Posted by Mumper
    We have been discussing this issue the last couple of days and we made the call to make the following mounts account-wide:

Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
    Grand Expedition Yak
    Mechano-Hog
    Mekgineer's Chopper
    Sandstone Drake
    Grand Ice Mammoth
    Ice Mammoth
    Jeweled Onyx Panther (all color variants)
    Cloud Serpents (all color variants)

At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.

Thanks for your feedback on this issue!
    No, the rewards from the Recruit a Friend promotion are specific to the character that receives it. We have received word that the current plan is that these mounts will remain specific to a character and not be made account wide.
    Though it doesn't say "At this time" it does say "At this point" which can be an equivalent. As in, "At this point in development we're thinking that it should work like X". Feedback is still important though.

As always it is best to provide any feedback you may have for Mists of Pandaria content in the relevant areas. Mists of Pandaria is still very much under construction and very few things are written in stone.
    So no they are not account wide, not or apparently in mists.

They have the account tag in beta, which is all I said

10+ Year Old Account
    The beta hasn't been updated since that blue post. It's possible he was wrong, but it's too early to say that yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm hoping those blues are eventually wrong and the account tag you see in beta is correct.

I understand not making the newest RAF mount account-wide (more money if people keep utilizing it). But the old ones? Come on. That's silly.

I suggest that, if you are in agreeance, post on the Beta forums.

I've been wondering how cross-faction mounts will work as well. Like if I have the love rocket on my alliance DK, will it transfer over to all my horde toons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xaviour View Post
    I've been wondering how cross-faction mounts will work as well. Like if I have the love rocket on my alliance DK, will it transfer over to all my horde toons?
    Mounts that aren't faction-specific can be used by any character on your account regardless of faction. Mounts that are faction-specific can only be used by characters of that faction, and they don't become opposite-faction versions like they would in a faction-change.