Gargoyle macro in arena

Code:
    #showtooltip Summon Gargoyle
    /use Rotting Skull
    /use 13
    /use 10
    /cast Summon Gargoyle
    /use Tabard of the Lightbringer
    The above is basically my all-in-one Gargoyle macro that I've been adding to since I started using it in 3.2. My problem is (and has been intermittently since then) that sometimes (mind you not always) it'll give me the error message "You can't use that item in arena" and fail to cast Summon Gargoyle. The simplest workaround I've found is to retarget the enemy and use the macro again, but that's far from optimal.

Have I missed something, or is it commonplace for macros to not go through even if one (or more) of the syntaxes fail. Also, does anyone know a more elegant solution to this?
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

An easy Solution would be to just use the same macro with the /Use Tabard of the Lightbringer. Last I checked it was not allowed in Arena's. This way you can just switch between the two macro, without having any problems hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    An easy Solution would be to just use the same macro with the /Use Tabard of the Lightbringer. Last I checked it was not allowed in Arena's. This way you can just switch between the two macro, without having any problems hopefully.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Are you suggesting I remove the Tabard from the macro? Considering I got the tabard a few months ago and and it was malfunctioning before that, I doubt that's the problem.
    WCL

Checking the Tabard of the Lightbringer, it says Cannot be used in Arena, so that could be the line that's giving you problems.

If you're having an issue with targetting, you could try this. It will only target something if for some reason you don't have one, it's dead, or it's a friend and thus might cause the cast to fail.
    Code:
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /use Rotting Skull
    /use 13
    /use 10
    /cast Summon Gargoyle

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Checking the Tabard of the Lightbringer, it says Cannot be used in Arena, so that could be the line that's giving you problems.
    I'll see what that does, but as I said I was having issues with the macro before I added the tabard to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    If you're having an issue with targetting, you could try this. It will only target something if for some reason you don't have one, it's dead, or it's a friend and thus might cause the cast to fail.
    Code:
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /use Rotting Skull
    /use 13
    /use 10
    /cast Summon Gargoyle
    I'll reiterate the problem: I'm in an arena match whacking an enemy and decide to pop my Gargoyle on the enemy I have targeted. Following that the red error message I described above pops up and my Gargoyle fails to cast. (it does activate my trinket, though, just not the Gargoyle) My solution is to simply drop target for a bit and retarget and then press the macro again.
    WCL

My guess would be that you are getting the not usable error in arena from the tabard and mistaken about the error type before being the same. The previous error before you added the tabard could of been from your trinket and glove enchant having a shared cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    My guess would be that you are getting the not usable error in arena from the tabard and mistaken about the error type before being the same. The previous error before you added the tabard could of been from your trinket and glove enchant having a shared cooldown.
    But how do the shared cooldowns of my trinket and gloves relate to the Gargoyle not going off?

Edit: I'm gonna add /cleartarget and /targetlasttarget to the macro and see what happens.
    WCL