Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Rift 1.9 . -> new features !

Deleted
    new 10 man raid? Damn trion are your employees never allowed to leave work?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    new 10 man raid? Damn trion are your employees never allowed to leave work?
    I think they have a dorm set up at Trion headquarters, with each room having its own bathroom and computer set-up, so they can only break for food and get 6 hours of sleep a night. >.>

Ugh. It's such a shame a developer like Trion goes under the radar like this, Rift deserves so much more hype! I truly can't think of a company that treats their subscribers better! This is amazing, thanks for sharing.

Great, now give us some great 1.9 trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
    Ugh. It's such a shame a developer like Trion goes under the radar like this, Rift deserves so much more hype! I truly can't think of a company that treats their subscribers better! This is amazing, thanks for sharing.
    Keep saying that, cause every passing day there are more and more realizing the exact same thing.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Keep saying that, cause every passing day there are more and more realizing the exact same thing.
    Yeah! I really hope Rift can get back in the spotlight with the expansion on the horizon. If Trion plays their cards right it could be a huge success, and I would like to see nothing more.

Well, look on the bright side, they're doing MUCH better than Star Wars is. (at least as far as I know...)

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Well, look on the bright side, they're doing MUCH better than Star Wars is. (at least as far as I know...)
    I think you're right, but who knows. Even if Rift doesn't have more subscribers, the subscribers they do have seem to be happier which is all that really matters!

Well, I recently came back to the game after a couple of failed attempts at getting through the leveling grind in the past.

The expansion E3 footage of the colossus was the last thing I needed to go "why the hell am I not playing this game?"

I read on quite a few sites about people talking about coming back, so I'm fairly sure that someone at Trion is watching a figure of subscriptions going up - prior to an expansion, rather than on release.

I have a feeling all the people watching the regular patches are starting to think about making the most of it. At least those MMO players that keep their ear to the ground - unfortunately there are many who never even think to look past their game of choice, whether that be WoW or anything else. Heck, I'm friends with a player who's never played an MMO other than Lotro and only with their expansion preorders and the horrendous PR they gained from them did they even think to look at other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    Well, I recently came back to the game after a couple of failed attempts at getting through the leveling grind in the past.

The expansion E3 footage of the colossus was the last thing I needed to go "why the hell am I not playing this game?"

I read on quite a few sites about people talking about coming back, so I'm fairly sure that someone at Trion is watching a figure of subscriptions going up - prior to an expansion, rather than on release.

I have a feeling all the people watching the regular patches are starting to think about making the most of it. At least those MMO players that keep their ear to the ground - unfortunately there are many who never even think to look past their game of choice, whether that be WoW or anything else. Heck, I'm friends with a player who's never played an MMO other than Lotro and only with their expansion preorders and the horrendous PR they gained from them did they even think to look at other options.
    The leveling of Rift is by far the hardest part, it doesn't really showcase how good the game is. However with the 1.9 Instant Adventures it will be easier than ever!
    I think that's the reason Rift never really took off. If Trion can make the leveling simple enough and get enough people to endgame I think the game will really take off!

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Was never a Rift supporter before, but I'm checking it out now and liking what I'm seeing. You can add one more subscriber to the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling of Rift is by far the hardest part, it doesn't really showcase how good the game is. However with the 1.9 Instant Adventures it will be easier than ever!
    I think that's the reason Rift never really took off. If Trion can make the leveling simple enough and get enough people to endgame I think the game will really take off!

The game really has matured. I'll be honest I'm not a fan of leveling in most games Tera was an exception since the combat is quite fun. I had to force myself to level to 50 in Rift when the game launched but with all the UI improvements and for the people that are overwhelmed by the souls (talent trees) they've taken some of the blandness out of it. They've added some preset builds you can use to level with that work fairly well to help you learn the abilities of your characters.

With the next patch releasing in the next week or so the addition of instant adventures for lower levels opens up a whole new method to level up as well and if you have some higher level friends they can "mentor" down and scale their char's to be at par with you so the challenge is equal and the content is not roflstomped.

Many people who played during beta or early launch came across overpowering invasions that would take over quest hubs for what seemed an eternity if you didn't have a group to power it down. That's a thing of the past if the invasion is taken down by the players you it will now de-spawn. The developers take chances and try things, if it doesn't work out or players don't like it they change it. If developers don't take chances and think out side of the box we will never break out of the same old model we see so often in all MMO's these days.

I doubt this MMO or any other MMO will see the mammoth sub base of the likes of WoW anytime soon if ever which is not a requirement to be a good game imo. I do think Rift as long as the focus of the development team and management stays as is I'd say the game will continue to flourish. It's refreshing to see the enthusiasm in a developers case in point is this guy, Russ Brown the VP of development in the video I've linked below from the latest E3 this guy just nerds out and truly gets excited about the game and the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I doubt this MMO or any other MMO will see the mammoth sub base of the likes of WoW anytime soon if ever which is not a requirement to be a good game imo. I do think Rift as long as the focus of the development team and management stays as is I'd say the game will continue to flourish. It's refreshing to see the enthusiasm in a developers case in point is this guy, Russ Brown the VP of development in the video I've linked below from the latest E3 this guy just nerds out and truly gets excited about the game and the content.
    Yeah, this is the video which made me willing to come back to the game and try to get past the leveling hump. Since then I've gotten a mage to 42 on Wolfsbane - its really not been all that unpleasant but its certainly nothing staggering. That being said I can see the end of it on the horizon and I've had a lot of help from a great leveling casual guild.

I'm not sure what road I want to take once I get to 50 but that's part of the fun of it I guess. I had a friend who steered me away from Rift back in the day "get to 50 and all you do is go from zone to zone closing rifts...". Maybe that was the case on release (?) but its evident to me that that's clearly not the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    As I'm sure others may have already pointed out, SWTOR almost certainly has more subscribers than RIFT. That said, RIFT subscribers are no doubt much happier, and RIFT is in all likelihood making much more money than SWTOR.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Mentoring seems like it's gonna be pretty slick. At least a damn sight better than the way Aion does it. Mostly due to the AA gain. Yummy XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    The only thing about trion is they dont seem to understand that some people dont want to raid and would like to do experts for t1 gear in a reasonable timeframe. Not farming 3k inscribed source stones for it.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    The only thing about trion is they dont seem to understand that some people dont want to raid and would like to do experts for t1 gear in a reasonable timeframe. Not farming 3k inscribed source stones for it.
    Well, you can, if you just did daily dungeons you'd earn a piece a month of current raid gear a month, or there abouts. With ISS you have to remember that there's no real limit on how many you can earn if you play enough. It's quite possible to earn over 200 a day, so the prices have to be set high else it would be the preferred route to raid level gear, instead of actually raiding.

Earning ISS is a lot easier than earning gear and Marks through raiding, so it takes a lot more to get gear.

Casual-style players can craft or purchase T1 quality gear through the AH. It'd probably be faster hunting and selling artifacts than farming T1s every week to get geared up in equivalent gear.

Deleted
    Any signs yet of patch being released this week or is it still a couple of weeks away?