Deleted

[Music] Learning the Violin

I've been wanting to learn to play an instrument and so far the violin has caught my eye; I've seen some fantastic cover videos on the internet which has given me the inspiration.

What I want to know though, is if anyone could point me in the direction of where to find some good online lessons/tutorials etc which I can use to learn? A tutor or college is unfortunately not an option due to where I live, so I'm wondering if its possible to learn from online material or would it not be worth it?

I know that the violin is a difficult instrument to play, especially with it being my first instrument too I assume, but I don't want to let this put me off. I shall rise up to the challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfang View Post
    I've been wanting to learn to play an instrument and so far the violin has caught my eye; I've seen some fantastic cover videos on the internet which has given me the inspiration.

What I want to know though, is if anyone could point me in the direction of where to find some good online lessons/tutorials etc which I can use to learn? A tutor or college is unfortunately not an option due to where I live, so I'm wondering if its possible to learn from online material or would it not be worth it?

I know that the violin is a difficult instrument to play, especially with it being my first instrument too I assume, but I don't want to let this put me off. I shall rise up to the challenge!
    This might come off as me sounding like an asshole, but check youtube. Youtube was largely responsible for my current guitar playing ability. Look up the name of specific violin techniques, then search those terms on youtube and put "lesson" or "tutorial" after them. Guarantee you'll find what you need.

Buy something cheap, and start lessons. best to start off on the right foot, than to unlearn habits of "doing it wrong". Ground up, learning about the instrument, touch on some history, and learn music as you learn to play. It wont be easy or cheap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delevicton View Post
    This might come off as me sounding like an asshole, but check youtube. Youtube was largely responsible for my current guitar playing ability. Look up the name of specific violin techniques, then search those terms on youtube and put "lesson" or "tutorial" after them. Guarantee you'll find what you need.
    I thought this might be the case. Was just curious though on if there were any better alternatives, and if not, was wondering if YouTube was suitable enough trying to learn off. Anyway, I've already looked into it but I'll dig deeper and gather more information.