Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    An experiment with attack speed stacking in the legacy league over 15 attacks per second accomplished just after this video.

[video=youtube;cSWG75EFYqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSWG75EFYqo&feature=youtu.be[video]

The thread is here
    Oh my god that is amazing. I want to do that too.

I love AS stuff. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Erm, it's in beta yo, with open beta later this month (the 23rd). You've been able to record/stream the game for months and months now.
    Closed beta => Alpha (currently being tested by some chosen ones and Kripp who streams) => Open beta

The "Alpha" he is referring to actually the current "open beta" build. It has a ton of changes and Act III

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    An experiment with attack speed stacking in the legacy league over 15 attacks per second accomplished just after this video.

/video]

The thread is here
    ROFL holy hell! I hope they leave that in the game! bahahaha
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    ROFL holy hell! I hope they leave that in the game! bahahaha
    Well as far as i know the attack speed nodes in the passive tree are still there and Unique gear he has is still in the game for OB...all the other stuff(gold gear) is random mod rolls which haven't changed either...he doesn't have access to fork or chain in the legacy league and it would probably work well with knockback/stun/flee support with the amount of attacks he's doing

Yea I was in party with Rain today. I donated to him on legacy.

He gave me a level 58 faster attacks gem on my ranger today too. :>

So to people who have played:

How do you like the gold-less system? Pretty open question, but I'm just curious as to how it's working out for you all. I can't say that I'm not a little hesitant about this system.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone on US East is giving stuff away prior to the wipe I just rolled a Witch and would accept anything you don't want that's around lvl 9. (Name is BesterWitch)

And personally I've never played these games to sell or trade I just stock pile a few cool things to make various characters shiney and help out friends/nice people so not having a currency doesn't bother me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

How do you like the gold-less system? Pretty open question, but I'm just curious as to how it's working out for you all. I can't say that I'm not a little hesitant about this system.
    It's perfectly fine.

Understanding the game's systems in total is fairly key to assessing the value of items. It make everything from white to unique items valuable or useful in some manner.

The game isn't designed with gold or gold sinks in mind. So really there is nothing to miss-- everything is based around drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    If anyone on US East is giving stuff away prior to the wipe I just rolled a Witch and would accept anything you don't want that's around lvl 9. (Name is BesterWitch)

And personally I've never played these games to sell or trade I just stock pile a few cool things to make various characters shiney and help out friends/nice people so not having a currency doesn't bother me one bit.
    I don't believe there are server splits like that (US-East, US-West etc) in the game atm you either play on America, Europe or Singapore atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's perfectly fine.

Understanding the game's systems in total is fairly key to assessing the value of items. It make everything from white to unique items valuable or useful in some manner.

The game isn't designed with gold or gold sinks in mind. So really there is nothing to miss-- everything is based around drops.

I'd imagine this would also help curb gold selling but maybe not item selling for real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I don't believe there are server splits like that (US-East, US-West etc) in the game atm you either play on America, Europe or Singapore atm.

I'd imagine this would also help curb gold selling but maybe not item selling for real money.

Yeaaah, I think my mindset was stuck from playing Planetside earlier aha... I'm on America.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

I end up looking at things that drop with an eye toward how I can use it, rather than just how much it vendors for or if it has stats that might sell well to others. Since different aspects of gear can trade at a vendor (such as an item with 3 linked sockets, each a different color, will trade for a chromatic orb, etc), or can be upgraded, looking for ideal socket combinations on even white items that drop, watching for higher quality items (the closer to +20% the better), and even considering how whether I have need of the different orbs that drop or whether I can save them to trade with other players.

With everything being an item, even the skills, and no gold...everything has potential value both as a trade item and to my character. I am a huge fan of the system personally.

Game is very sick, I can't wait for it. I did (close to) one playthrough on normal difficulty to get a feel of the game and fell in love instantly. I just want to get into Open beta where I know my characters will not be reset, and get farming!

No PvP = No Northy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    No PvP = No Northy.

"In a Cut-Throat league, you're able to invade other players' instances and kill them to take their items."

Source

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    No PvP = No Northy.
    There's PvP. Not sure if you're familiar with the league system or not, but there was a league system tested during the closed beta called "Cut Throat" which actually made the entire game an ARPG MMO, zones weren't party-based / single player, they were MMO, and you could kill other players, if they died you get their equipment (not the items in their inventory, just what they're wearing I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    "In a Cut-Throat league, you're able to invade other players' instances and kill them to take their items."

Source
    I'm talking more structured PvP than ganking. Like arenas/battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the trailer I think it mentions structured PvP.

There is 1v1 arena, 3v3 arena and FFA open world PVP in Path of Exile.

You can queue solo or in a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is 1v1 arena, 3v3 arena and FFA open world PVP in Path of Exile.

You can queue solo or in a group.
    Pft, coming in here with your knowledge, braining up the place.

I tried it a while back during one of the copious beta weekends but installed it again recently due to friends playing. I definitely like the changes/additions they've made since I last played, brings back pleasant memories of Diablo 2. The slight delays with the engine still puts me off slightly but I wouldn't say it's a criticism as it's to be expected and is generally better than I would have thought and I imagine it'll only get better.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Pft, coming in here with your knowledge, braining up the place.

I tried it a while back during one of the copious beta weekends but installed it again recently due to friends playing. I definitely like the changes/additions they've made since I last played, brings back pleasant memories of Diablo 2. The slight delays with the engine still puts me off slightly but I wouldn't say it's a criticism as it's to be expected and is generally better than I would have thought and I imagine it'll only get better.
    What delays are you speaking of?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water