Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    it's been a very long time since GGG released a unique that was any good.
    Skyforth and Heretic's Veil are two new uniques that are both crazy powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I wonder how people would feel if Perandus became a nod to self-found players and his coins and items were non-tradable.
    I remember hearing a lot of the people here who didn't like him being ok with coins if they were not tradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Never said the vast majority could do über, if was you who said that wealth should be acquired by playing a lot of engaging in difficult content
    . And I never said you had to stack MF, personally I run a full 42 IIR atm and I'm getting more loot than I can carry out of maps with double uniques every other map from either bosses or exiles.
    What you said was "If you don't wanna run uber or MF you're not motivated enough." I pointed out both are ridiculous examples.

I don't personally need this game changed to suit myself, I have no problems amassing wealth because I'm part of what you could call 'early demography' for this game, though I'm happy so long as they keep adding more variety and I approve of not gating fun items behind extreme wealth/luck. The issue is that you seem to think absolutely anyone can fart up a bunch of exalts if they really want to, and in a game where majority of players can't even reach maps that's just not true.

@Redblade

What?! When did they change SE to not work on Incinerate? Fuck, I had plans...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    The issue is that you seem to think absolutely anyone can fart up a bunch of exalts if they really want to, and in a game where majority of players can't even reach maps that's just not true.
    They can, if you can reach act 3 docks you can make exalts. If you can reach Act 4 dried lake you can make them easily. This is a simple fact, all it requires is time/effort. And knock it off with that majority bullshit, it's a staw man argument based on a false premise as anyone can try it and quit if they don't like the game yet be included in the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    @Redblade

What?! When did they change SE to not work on Incinerate? Fuck, I had plans...
    With the launch of the last temp league, they gutted the spell. It now only does 50% more per stage, has lower damage and isn't affected by echo. The power creep with ascendancy does make it somewhat viable again though but it needs to stack a lot of more modifiers.

I'm remaking the build but as Guardian low life, this makes it viable as both solo and support with some gear swapping.

Deleted
    Gotta love playing PoE through Steam. It's been like this for a long time now, and apparently GGG developers either don't care about Steam users, or don't know enough about what they're doing to fix it. Whenever there's a new massive content update and there are daily patches, even several patches per day, there's like a 5-10 minute startup waiting for Steam to update this piece of crap game.

Didn't have this problem playing outside of Steam. Shouldn't have installed it into Steam, at all.

Skyforth and Heretic's Veil are two new uniques that are both crazy powerful.
    Skyforth wasn't made by GGG, heretic's is okay. Sadly, every time I think about using it I remember that one of the main benefits of curse on hit/blapshemy is the quality on the gems, and heretic's doesn't provide that, making it an average tier item at best in my opinion. A multicurse build can just use curse on hit and have even better curses, so the only thing heretic's offers is convenience at the cost of all your mana and a hat slot that has no life or resist. But, I can admit it's an okay design and I like it much more than the other garbage that gets released regularly. I do believe they sometimes add uniques they know are going to be vendor trash just to keep the good uniques that much more special.

What is SE? Damn acronyms.

Is a crit-cinerate build possible with that new gem that adds base crit chance?

"Possible"... you know what I mean. Everything is possible, and almost everything is viable into early-endgame... I mean, would it be a decent option, or would you lose too much just getting it to the base of other "crit possible" abilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking of people with luck, this dropped for me within the course of 3 days... (+ a Marohi)

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Gotta love playing PoE through Steam. It's been like this for a long time now, and apparently GGG developers either don't care about Steam users, or don't know enough about what they're doing to fix it. Whenever there's a new massive content update and there are daily patches, even several patches per day, there's like a 5-10 minute startup waiting for Steam to update this piece of crap game.

Didn't have this problem playing outside of Steam. Shouldn't have installed it into Steam, at all.
    It's because even if they update 1mb, Steam has to rebuild the whole .gpk file that's why. PoE devs can't do anything with that. The only way is to split it to hundreds of files, but they wont do that.

They can, if you can reach act 3 docks you can make exalts. If you can reach Act 4 dried lake you can make them easily. This is a simple fact, all it requires is time/effort. And knock it off with that majority bullshit, it's a staw man argument based on a false premise as anyone can try it and quit if they don't like the game yet be included in the majority.
    This is getting pointless since you seem to assume everyone has the knowledge, determination and time you do. There's no straw man argument at work here, a lot of players really just can't reach late Merciless because their gear and builds suck and they either stop getting levels or don't get past bosses. And even if they did, a lot of players won't know how to trade, or which items are good, or what the chaos recipe even is. And when you eventually scrape together some currency you're gonna start by upgrading your shitty leveling gear (assuming you know how to buy items) instead of saving up for a 2 exalt unique.

The only fact here is the gaping disconnect between players like you and ~75% of the playerbase.

Skyforth wasn't made by GGG, heretic's is okay. Sadly, every time I think about using it I remember that one of the main benefits of curse on hit/blapshemy is the quality on the gems, and heretic's doesn't provide that, making it an average tier item at best in my opinion. A multicurse build can just use curse on hit and have even better curses, so the only thing heretic's offers is convenience at the cost of all your mana and a hat slot that has no life or resist. But, I can admit it's an okay design and I like it much more than the other garbage that gets released regularly. I do believe they sometimes add uniques they know are going to be vendor trash just to keep the good uniques that much more special.
    It does you just have to have a 20/20 blasphemy gem in it, the +2 from the helmet makes the gem 22 then and if the gem and item are equals the gem overrides the item. At least that's how I was told it works.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no straw man argument at work here, a lot of players really just can't reach late Merciless because their gear and builds suck and they either stop getting levels or don't get past bosses.
    Yes there is as those players are irrelevant as far as the discussion regarding exalts and high end items goes as the players you're talking about don't even hit the level required to use said items.

And even if they did, a lot of players won't know how to trade, or which items are good, or what the chaos recipe even is. And when you eventually scrape together some currency you're gonna start by upgrading your shitty leveling gear (assuming you know how to buy items) instead of saving up for a 2 exalt unique.
    This is purely a player problem though, the information is available if they care to look it up. And I'm perfectly fine with GGG improving how that information is delivered and made accessible. What I'm not on board with is to dumb down the game or increase item drops just because those players don't want to make the effort of learning how the game works.

The only fact here is the gaping disconnect between players like you and ~75% of the playerbase.
    We're getting to the point here where I'd want some sources for the numbers you're pulling out of your ass. Relevant for this discussion are players who reaches a level where they can actually equip said items which means they can do chaos recipe so please stop including the once that don't.

Shavs 62, Mjolner 60, Soul Taker 59...this is act 3/4 cruel for some people. I don't remember when Chris made the comment about how much progress most players made, it was a while ago, might be able to search his reddit history and find it or something.

I used to be fine with items like Shavs and Mjolner being gated behind extreme wealth, gave people something to look up to and strive for. But, the builds these items enable aren't even that good anymore, so it's dumb. You're locking average builds behind a pay wall just for its own sake. Skyforth being expensive is fine, that item is crazy good for a huge amount of builds. There aren't a lot of "good" items in PoE, though, and anything that isn't just inherently strong for everyone shouldn't be super expensive, or you're denying build enabling uniques to people just for shits and giggles.

In my opinion, they need to just add some system like d2's runewords that are insanely rare, insanely expensive, and insanely good. Items like headhunter are a good start, but it's not an interesting mechanic to people like me, would appreciate more items like this that deliver varied and more interesting ways to get power spikes.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-03-17 at 09:34 PM.

Shavs 62, Mjolner 60, Soul Taker 59...this is act 3/4 cruel for some people. I don't remember when Chris made the comment about how much progress most players made, it was a while ago, might be able to search his reddit history and find it or something.
    So the level where you can make chaos recipe...

Edit: I know you can't before merciless but lets be realistic here, you don't need Shav's nor Mjölner for anything before you're in merciless anyway as no build that I can think of can make proper use of either items with that few skill points.

I used to be fine with items like Shavs and Mjolner being gated behind extreme wealth, gave people something to look up to and strive for. But, the builds these items enable aren't even that good anymore, so it's dumb. You're locking average builds behind a pay wall just for its own sake.
    What builds do they enable...like I'm really curious when it comes to this claim. Almost any build you use Shav's for will function as CI or low life with max chaos res. Mjölner builds...you can make a cast on crit for very little these days. So what are these really enabling? More damage and power to the build sure but they rarely define the build. And in the case of Shav's you do have Solaris as a intermediate item to get you through the day if you're making a support or similar that actually needs to reserve max life and mana.

In my opinion, they need to just add some system like d2's runewords that are insanely rare, insanely expensive, and insanely good. Items like headhunter are a good start, but it's not an interesting mechanic to people like me, would appreciate more items like this that deliver varied and more interesting ways to get power spikes.
    And you think the same people that complained about certain items being to rare and expensive wouldn't complain the same about these new items?
    Last edited by Redblade; 2016-03-18 at 01:10 AM.

Shavs is strictly inferior to any random 1c chest for CI, not sure who on earth would ever use it for that. It literally exists to enable low life and, before solaris was created, was the only way to play low life. Mjolner enables cast on hit, which is nothing like cast on crit, and it is also the only way to play such a build.

Let me repeat, the issue isn't that expensive items exist, the issue is when they enable builds that are otherwise not possible without them. We have an entire keystone on the passive tree that might as well say "shavronne's wrappings only free damage boost." I don't think anyone has much of an issue with items like Skyforth or Headhunter, because builds aren't completely reliant on them.

We're getting to the point here where I'd want some sources for the numbers you're pulling out of your ass. Relevant for this discussion are players who reaches a level where they can actually equip said items which means they can do chaos recipe so please stop including the once that don't.
    It's actually funny that I woke up to this statistic saying players in current leagues on the whole spend ~12% of their time in maps and ~20% in merciless: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1622774. And realizing just how much people struggle to reach end game, before you insist people who don't are completely irrelevant, take a moment and consider if the few people who make it to Merciless act 3 are suddenly going to be on equal grounds and consider it smooth sailing onwards from there, or if ~75% of them are going to struggle in end game as much as the first 75% struggled to reach it.

Though I normally respect the need for sources, this is the sort of common knowledge where asking for them is essentially grasping for straws. And you've been grasping for straws for several pages now, trying to defend your one comment that was so stupidly elitist it could only come from a place where the person saying it was in far too deep to even realize just how elitist it is. And realizing that, in retrospect, makes me equally stupid to that comment for having wasted so much time talking about it.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2016-03-18 at 04:45 AM.

I think i used up all my luck when I had a Mirror Drop in a Mud Gyser map last week. It is a Shame I am not a Standard League Player

Shavs is strictly inferior to any random 1c chest for CI, not sure who on earth would ever use it for that. It literally exists to enable low life and, before solaris was created, was the only way to play low life. Mjolner enables cast on hit, which is nothing like cast on crit, and it is also the only way to play such a build.
    It exists to enable low life yes but low life it self isn't a requirement for any builds but support to function properly. All low life offers you is 30% more spell damage / more auras. As far as Mjölner...like I said you're not making a functioning Mjölner build before 75-80 anyway so what's the problem?

Let me repeat, the issue isn't that expensive items exist, the issue is when they enable builds that are otherwise not possible without them. We have an entire keystone on the passive tree that might as well say "shavronne's wrappings only free damage boost." I don't think anyone has much of an issue with items like Skyforth or Headhunter, because builds aren't completely reliant on them.
    Then let me reiterate...Shav's isn't needed for any build but support, at all. It's a luxury item much as getting that perfect rare ammy that gives you 20% dps increase. This talk about build defining is just a way to say "I want the free 30% more damage for cheap".

And even if we would agree that it is build defining then Solaris is equally build defining and that's cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually funny that I woke up to this statistic saying players in current leagues on the whole spend ~12% of their time in maps and ~20% in merciless: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1622774. And realizing just how much people struggle to reach end game, before you insist people who don't are completely irrelevant, take a moment and consider if the few people who make it to Merciless act 3 are suddenly going to be on equal grounds and consider it smooth sailing onwards from there, or if ~75% of them are going to struggle in end game as much as the first 75% struggled to reach it.
    You just conveniently ignore the "We'd expect the time spent in Maps to go up as the league goes on, and we imagine the time spent in the Labyrinth will also. We'll keep an eye on that! " part then...

You're making assumptions to fit your argument, the people in normal and cruel might not struggle at all but just don't play that much for example. I'm sure there are many many more ways to look at it. And I said they were irrelevant for the discussion regarding high end items and exalt farming.

Though I normally respect the need for sources, this is the sort of common knowledge where asking for them is essentially grasping for straws. And you've been grasping for straws for several pages now, trying to defend your one comment that was so stupidly elitist it could only come from a place where the person saying it was in far too deep to even realize just how elitist it is. And realizing that, in retrospect, makes me equally stupid to that comment for having wasted so much time talking about it.
    So the common knowledge defense combined with some dismissing attitude and name calling. This while it's you who's making assumptions and pulling numbers from your ass. Just to make it clear, I don't keep track of the statistics hence why I asked for your source to back up your claims. Furthermore the discussion was regarding high end items and exalt farming neither is something the normal nor cruel players need to worry about as the items can't be used by them and exalts are not worth spending on gear for those levels.

You keep using parts of the player base that has no relevance to the discussion to make your point, please stop.

You keep using parts of the player base that has no relevance to the discussion to make your point, please stop.
    It really is you who needed to stop a long ago, but you still think there's something to be gained from poking holes in my lazy arguments instead of just admitting you're so far up yours you can't even see the light. You can't argue your way out of your own elitism, you can only go deeper into it.

It really is you who needed to stop a long ago, but you still think there's something to be gained from poking holes in my lazy arguments instead of just admitting you're so far up yours you can't even see the light. You can't argue your way out of your own elitism, you can only go deeper into it.
    Great argument there champ, "I'm right and you're wrong...".