Betrayal league went pretty well for me, i'll get my character and for the first time will continue playing it in standard.

For Synthesis, i think i'm gonna play a dual wand witch with the new chaos spell - looks awesome and i wonder what good supports are going to be useful for it.

EDIT: imho they're trying to make so triggered builds are more focused on endgame; usually the gear setup requires more effort for them, buidling around a single spell can be easier providing a better transition curve from inital levels to endgame.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-02-21 at 09:17 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Betrayal league went pretty well for me, i'll get my character and for the first time will continue playing it in standard.

For Synthesis, i think i'm gonna play a dual wand witch with the new chaos spell - looks awesome and i wonder what good supports are going to be useful for it.

EDIT: imho they're trying to make so triggered builds are more focused on endgame; usually the gear setup requires more effort for them, buidling around a single spell can be easier providing a better transition curve from inital levels to endgame.
    Efficacy, Swift Affliction, Void Manipulation, and Less Duration would be good, probably Slower Projectiles, maybe Arcane Surge. And that new Malevolence Aura will probably go well with it. I did a Chaos build in Delve and went back to that character once I was bored with Betrayal, so this is still fresh in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Efficacy, Swift Affliction, Void Manipulation, and Less Duration would be good, probably Slower Projectiles, maybe Arcane Surge. And that new Malevolence Aura will probably go well with it. I did a Chaos build in Delve and went back to that character once I was bored with Betrayal, so this is still fresh in my mind.
    Makes sense. Also wonderful to finally have a spell to multicast curses instead of relying on the usual Lighting Bolt+CoH. I suppose this time Occultist will be my choice.

If i can i'll fit some passive summoning too because why not skeletons (useless as hell but fun to have XD). They definitely need to put a "convert summon to aura" support

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming Molten Strike don't get nerfed to shit, I'll play this build in the next league as well.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...2180571/page/1

Makes sense. Also wonderful to finally have a spell to multicast curses instead of relying on the usual Lighting Bolt+CoH. I suppose this time Occultist will be my choice.

If i can i'll fit some passive summoning too because why not skeletons (useless as hell but fun to have XD). They definitely need to put a "convert summon to aura" support
    Then you haven't worn Doedre's Skin (as nasty as that image in your head may be). Instantly cast (no cast animation) an Effigy at a location with 6 curses and L20 Blasphemy for zero mana? And you can have 3 of these active at the same time!? Granted, it is a unique chest, and there are much better chests out there for most builds, but hot damn its fun (until you get to reflect mobs).

If you get a second skill, try Summon Phantasm on Kill. I used that with a Brand (and Purity and Agony and The Scourge) and I always had a bunch of those guys floating around. Unfortunately, they do physical damage and not chaos damage, or they'd be perfect with the new chaos spell. Not sure how they compare with Skeletons damage-wise, but they'll at least follow you around.

So the best thing about Synthesis expansion is that Betrayal will be forced to spawn different wings when they occur, so you don't have to block Transportation and Fortification.

More seriously looks really exciting. I love the look of Bane; very attractive to the Cold to Fire Freezing Pulse witch that I seem to play every single league, I'll be able to get the +curse chest Veiled mod and the +curse in the top left of the tree, and 4link Bane/Flammability/Frostbite/Ele Weakness.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2019-02-21 at 02:55 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Looks like it gets just as boring as D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Then you haven't worn Doedre's Skin (as nasty as that image in your head may be). Instantly cast (no cast animation) an Effigy at a location with 6 curses and L20 Blasphemy for zero mana? And you can have 3 of these active at the same time!? Granted, it is a unique chest, and there are much better chests out there for most builds, but hot damn its fun (until you get to reflect mobs).

If you get a second skill, try Summon Phantasm on Kill. I used that with a Brand (and Purity and Agony and The Scourge) and I always had a bunch of those guys floating around. Unfortunately, they do physical damage and not chaos damage, or they'd be perfect with the new chaos spell. Not sure how they compare with Skeletons damage-wise, but they'll at least follow you around.
    No, i've never really pushed into endgame as i usually go with builds and archetypes i like and see how far i can push them (for example my CI witch lighting archer didn't go really far).

Also i play SSF only, because i like the idea of being completely independent and with a vibe of masochism. That is a great chest for occultist given the Ascendancy passives.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for double post - i booted up PoE this morning for a quick random run and get my hands on it again and dropped this with my CoC Cyclone character (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bronn%27s_Lithe) which looks just perfect for the build. People told me it's not BiS or huge but i can see the difference since i come from a Cospri's.

However, i definitely want to 5link this. Best way to do so? I managed to make it 4 sockets via orbs (dropped with 2) and then 4linked it, but i'd like to make it better (6linking is out of question since i don't really aim for it right now).

EDIT: Ok i'm stupid and didn't actually think that there are recipes from Delve to craft sockets in addition to the links. Anyway, is it worth spending 70 jewelers instead of spamming them?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-02-22 at 08:37 AM.

EDIT: Ok i'm stupid and didn't actually think that there are recipes from Delve to craft sockets in addition to the links. Anyway, is it worth spending 70 jewelers instead of spamming them?
    Depends on how many you have and how much you want to gamble. If you have extras, gamble that shit, but if you're tight on jewelers I'd take it and hope you can link it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Another spell buff extravaganza, melee shat on...have played this game for 6k+ hours now, time to move on for me.
    How is melee shat on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    One of the biggest turn offs for this game to me is the animations are just absolutely terrible. Your character looks so stiff and lifeless and the spells all look ridiculous when your character just runs the same speed and does the same swing for everything.
    The game very much focuses on speed. Your endgame character is going to get faster as it gets better in some way. Cast faster, run faster, charge/dash faster, etc. It comes to the point that character animations will be moot because it will be impossible to notice.

This is pretty much how I map (not me btw):
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Oh man...where do you get those sweet cursor swaps like the guy in that video has? Because I freakin always lose track of mine and I'd been wondering about mods that replaced it with something a little bit harder to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh man...where do you get those sweet cursor swaps like the guy in that video has? Because I freakin always lose track of mine and I'd been wondering about mods that replaced it with something a little bit harder to miss.
    Its called Yolo mouse.

"Hatred now grants more Cold Damage, making it grant a strong benefit for all cold skills, but the physical damage as extra cold damage has been reduced to compensate."
    So they not only not doing squat to melee skills for another league, but indirectly nerfing them further with this? Nice meme.

Ok, so i'm trying to make a build for the Occultist i plan to play in Synthesis, and i was looking at the new skills to choose what to use.

Anyway, i don't understand a thing - we have the new spell Bane that's basically a free Curse on Hit and scales damage based on how many curses you apply through it; on the other side we have the new Unique gloves that make self-casting curses much better (faster casting on curses, more effectiveness and you cast all curses linked at the same time).

I'm wondering if these gloves will be useful or if i have Bane i'll have curses plus damage and be better performing.

I still don't know if to use the new Soulrend and go CI for the first time or go with ED (which shouldn't require Contagion anymore since now it applies the effect in a small aoe, add pierce support and you're done).

So the confirmed Betrayal change is really juicy; a map will always spawn a Research lab and an Intervention team, and either a Transportation or Fortification. Betrayal league's rewards were seriously skewed towards the Intervention and Research divisions so this is a very happy setup; personally I love using Aisling for the chance for double Veiled mod, for multimod lite.

Anyway, i don't understand a thing - we have the new spell Bane that's basically a free Curse on Hit and scales damage based on how many curses you apply through it; on the other side we have the new Unique gloves that make self-casting curses much better (faster casting on curses, more effectiveness and you cast all curses linked at the same time).

I'm wondering if these gloves will be useful or if i have Bane i'll have curses plus damage and be better performing.
    Bane is a Curse spell. You can put a 4-link Bane in Vixen's Entrapment, put a 1-link curse in another piece of gear, and your 1-link curse will activate the Bane in Vixen's Entrapment.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Bane is a Curse spell. You can put a 4-link Bane in Vixen's Entrapment, put a 1-link curse in another piece of gear, and your 1-link curse will activate the Bane in Vixen's Entrapment.
    Ok, so the gloves bonus is generic and i don't really have to have the curses linked there, or it's like "any self cast curse will also apply all the curses linked in gloves"?

Cause i'd either put Bane on a 6link for max effect or just ignore it altogether. Don't know if i'm going to use it at this point or have just a Curse that triggers the other 4 i have socketed in Vixen.

Curious about how this item will interact with Deodre's skin or Veil.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-02-25 at 10:35 AM.

Ok, so the gloves bonus is generic and i don't really have to have the curses linked there, or it's like "any self cast curse will also apply all the curses linked in gloves"?
    Any Curse skill you cast will also cast the Curse skills in the gloves.
    Bane is considered a Curse spell.
    Casting a Curse from outside of your Vixen's Entrapment link will therefore cast Bane. I suppose you could do it with a curse inside the link or Bane itself but that'd be pointless.

If you are playing 5 curses I would probably not bother using Vixen's Entrapment at all. You need to go out of your way to get 5 curses so I would probably be thinking about just sixlinking it with Bane.

At a glance it won't do anything special with Scorn and won't work at all with Skin.
    It'll quickly apply curses to stack up Scorn's damage buff, but nothing else special. I think you would likely prefer to use just Scorn, with Bane+3curses, to raise the level of the Curses and quickly apply the Curses for the Hits and Ailments benefit. This won't actually benefit the Bane itself as Bane is neither a hit nor an ailment.
    Doedre's Effigy does not have the Curse keyword so will have no interactions with Vixen's Entrapment.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Any Curse skill you cast will also cast the Curse skills in the gloves.
    Bane is considered a Curse spell.
    Casting a Curse from outside of your Vixen's Entrapment link will therefore cast Bane. I suppose you could do it with a curse inside the link or Bane itself but that'd be pointless.

If you are playing 5 curses I would probably not bother using Vixen's Entrapment at all. You need to go out of your way to get 5 curses so I would probably be thinking about just sixlinking it with Bane.

At a glance it won't do anything special with Scorn and won't work at all with Skin.
    It'll quickly apply curses to stack up Scorn's damage buff, but nothing else special. I think you would likely prefer to use just Scorn, with Bane+3curses, to raise the level of the Curses and quickly apply the Curses for the Hits and Ailments benefit. This won't actually benefit the Bane itself as Bane is neither a hit nor an ailment.
    Doedre's Effigy does not have the Curse keyword so will have no interactions with Vixen's Entrapment.
    Makes sense. Now wondering what's the best course since i checked all the curses available and with a simple enfeeble+despair+chains you have most stuff covered, given it will be a chaos dot build. So, with +2 curse limit (pretty easy to reach with the passives available) i am covered.

Bane is a curse spell but doesn't actually apply a curse - so it doesn't count towards the curse limit. Also, Vixen provide for an additional curse and ES leech based on curses applied. Probably going CI with them, they're also pretty low level and scale well in endgame.

I'll try, and then replace them if it's not worth.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    This is pretty much how I map (not me btw):
    -snip-
    I keep wanting to get into poe, but the leveling is so damn slow I never get to do anything fun like this