Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, you see, I believe there is a concept coupled with 'fun & happiness,' which is known as 'standard of living.' For some people that means living in an apartment with a mediocre car to get from point A to point B, but for others it could mean living in a mansion with a personal limo driver for transportation. Depending on personal preference, the cost of living may be cheap or expensive.

Typically, fun & happiness have some degree of money involved, at least in today's society. Yes, I understand that money can't buy happiness, but it helps. It all goes to an individual's own taste of 'fun' and personal standard of living.

Of course, people have been known to enjoy huge amounts of fun & happiness while having very low standards of living. I don't doubt it for one second. But what is 'fun & happiness'? Can they be defined?

My two cents: fun & happiness have different definitions in each and every person's own eyes which are enjoyed after basic needs are met, AKA standard of living.

If I didn't care about you, I would say yes.

If I cared about you and wanted to see you succeed as an adult, I would say no.
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2012-07-02 at 04:29 AM.

The basis for living life should be living to the fullest. The focus should be on happiness. You cannot live life to the fullest if you do not find ways to be happy. I don't mean candy bar happy, I mean long term happiness. Contentment

Its nigh on impossible to be anything all the time, but I've found that having good honest friends and morals helps me be happier and helps to spread that happiness to others.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

The basis for living life should be living it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The basis for living life should be experiencing and creating happiness, not fun. Work isn't always fun, but it often leads to greater happiness. Being happy does not always equal fun; I wouldn't call cuddling with a loved one fun, but it certainly makes you happy.

Committing crime can be fun, but it's not a good way to lead your life. In most cases it leads to hurting yourself and others (therefore making you unhappy in the long run).

Happy people have been found to work harder, therefore making them more productive members of society. People having fun don't necessarily work harder.

Making others happy is important because it is more likely to lead to your own happiness, and also benefit society and improve our species' chance for survival.

That's my take on it all

Deleted
    Enjoy your life, it's yours and you have to make something of it. Do what you want and fuck whateveryone else thinks imo.