Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    tier legs + offset shoulders from protectors is a much better "early on" choice.
    They haven't dropped and I got 2/2 regular tier shoulders. So I planned around what I had. Further more crit actually pulls ahead over mastery at the moment. We're talking marginals but the point is I can pretty much swap a crit piece for a mastery piece and keep the same dps.

Another thing I wondered about was the increase in stats you gain by using heroic leggings vs. heroic shoulders. Assuming I won't be killing Siegecrafter and Klaxxi within the next few weeks, wouldn't the stats gained from using heroic leggings (since they have a larger budget per iLvl) and 2/2 tier shoulders be better than heroic shoulders and 2/2 tier leggings?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie View Post
    Shoulder of Myth? (they never drop apparently, almost) > heroic wf garrosh pants > hwf malk pants = 3 best offsets.
    Sword is bis wep for human no contest.
    So you agree that using heroic malk leggings is the better option, over shoulders and gloves or am I reading you wrong? I haven't done the math, but as you can read my in my post I believe the larger budget for chest/helm/leggings makes them better.

Of course Heroic malk legs are one of the better offpieace choies. I was just passing them to ACTUAL BiS classes first. Oddly all 4 dk/wars have HWF malk leggings now so. Toss up for HWF legs or Garrosh leggings next. However Tier legs > Non WF malk legs for #1 2/2ing doesnt increase socket dps and the socket bonus is underbudget to begin with 120str for 3 sockets. should be 180.

More importantly and mandatory for competitive dps is a Thoks which is a myth outside coinss and my Heroic eye which STILL hasn't dropped.

Deleted
    I coined my leggings ^^

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Very misleading post. Should be ignored.

The character sheet already multiplies thok into your haste values. 17000 is 17000, thok's tail tip or not.

Also, when you gonna fix OP slacknaxie?
    It's for gear set manipulation, etc. Not sure why you'd look at that table IF you had the trinket already anyways. You would already know the information that was posted. It was for people who were trying to maybe manipulate their gear around other items they've received that maybe aren't in the general "BiS" lists. I used it personally when I got the HeroicWF gloves and I had to switch my rings around. I was figuring it was a pretty decent information for people. Next time I will just keep it to myself, I suppose.

Just picked up a HWF Fusion Fire Core. This trinket is only good for Galakras right?

1 = ye pants WFed = better than gloves/shoulders WFed.
    2 = extra socket
    3 = just ignore the bonus and tripple yellow it

Also way tier drops this time around, pants come latest in the progress while Malkorok pretty early on. Pretty good boss to coin in general if you're stuck with last tier boots/neck aswell.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-11-18 at 05:48 AM.

Deleted
    Yup I ended up with hwf boots from Malk too, I have the neck hwf from Juggernaut too so can't complain. I'm currently using the hit sockets in the leggings though, but hopefully I can replace them with 3x320 haste gems and go back to mastyery/crit/exp gemming when I replace Nazgrim mace.

That said I am also currently looking for the Norushen bracers to drop over the Immersus ones, simply to how much hit/expertise I currently have with this gearset. Its nice that we can swap items out more or less depending on if they are hwf or not due to how stats scale at higher ilvls.
    Last edited by mmoc03c02d4648; 2013-11-18 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently my off piece is the hwf haste/mastery helm from Galakras... I also have the hwf gloves from Immerseus but I find that the helm is a small dps increase over the gloves so lately I've been using that. The haste/mastery shoulders from Protectors have not dropped hwf yet only heroic so I have not done any testing with them but if I get them I will let ya know how it stands up vs the immerseus gloves or the galakras helm.

Heroic boots from Dark Shamans have yet to drop and hwf malk boots have dropped for our 25m several times so I took a pair considering I was still using heroic boots from last tier. These boots are very expertise heavy which required me to swap from expertise/haste back to strength/haste gems so it's not exactly BiS but it has a good amount of mastery on it (1036 in total with 2/2; not including pandaren step which would add another 140 mastery) so I am content.

PS - Thok's Tail Tip does not exist... We've yet to have one appear in any of our kills, normal or heroic, whether from coin roll or boss loot. It sucks.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

Deleted
    Not sure if I should ask here or not, but in terms of LFR gear, should I use the offset legs from Garrosh since his shoulders don't drop unless it's normal mode?
    Or could I use this for the offset piece?
    I'm just wondering which one to use since I already own the shoulders but not the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    Not sure if I should ask here or not, but in terms of LFR gear, should I use the offset legs from Garrosh since his shoulders don't drop unless it's normal mode?
    I'm just wondering which one to use since I already own the shoulders but not the legs.
    If you can maintain your 4pc while equipping the legs they will be superior since they have 3 sockets and a 180 str socket bonus.

Edit: Generally the list in the OP will be consistent across difficulty levels. However, if you aren't in heroic gear you will probably have to do some tinkering around to get your hit/exp caps.
    Last edited by Maegor; 2013-11-18 at 04:51 PM.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    In addition to what Maegor said, if you for example can get your hands on the Nazgrim Mace you could go for the shoulders from Garrosh and avoid the Expertise wich you have on the set piece. You have to work around with what you got. Same goes for when you start heroic modes. You have to think about what heroics you think your guild will be capable of killing within the next few weeks. If you know you will never have a shot at the last wing on heroic, try to optimize your gear with heroics from the first 11 bosses instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why must our BiS weapon be a polearm that looks like a low level green? WHYYYYYY?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Why must our BiS weapon be a polearm that looks like a low level green? WHYYYYYY?!
    If I used it, it would look like the Halberd of Desolation. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    If I used it, it would look like the Halberd of Desolation. Just saying.
    Got any good green xmog armor that would match?

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Sonic Spear, check my armory for epic transmog!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I'd like a polearm, but for right now I'll be content with H-WF Mace from Nazgrim.

- - - Updated - - -

.. and I like my transmog. I can definitely see myself during raids. Tanyn on Runetotem.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Sonic Spear, check my armory for epic transmog!
    The blue gear on the blue toon is pretty sweet looking. *two thumbs up*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    If you can maintain your 4pc while equipping the legs they will be superior since they have 3 sockets and a 180 str socket bonus.

Edit: Generally the list in the OP will be consistent across difficulty levels. However, if you aren't in heroic gear you will probably have to do some tinkering around to get your hit/exp caps.
    Ah, alright, that's the answer I was looking for.
    Got some other pieces of gear but if they're not optimal then I won't be bothered to put em on, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    In addition to what Maegor said, if you for example can get your hands on the Nazgrim Mace you could go for the shoulders from Garrosh and avoid the Expertise wich you have on the set piece. You have to work around with what you got. Same goes for when you start heroic modes. You have to think about what heroics you think your guild will be capable of killing within the next few weeks. If you know you will never have a shot at the last wing on heroic, try to optimize your gear with heroics from the first 11 bosses instead.
    Ah, alright. think I'll still try to get the legs then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maegor View Post
    Got any good green xmog armor that would match?
    This
    Or this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets keep Transmog talk to the Transmog thread, please.

Also no discussing bans.
    If you have any questions or concerns about moderation, please take it up in private.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2013-11-19 at 07:19 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Stupid question but I have the normal Sha 2h sword and last night got the normal Thok polearm; not sure if it's that big of an upgrade though since it's lower haste, but Hand of Light from my Mastery is always my #1 DPS. Would I be better off passing the polearm to our team's Blood DK and keeping the sword instead (I'm Human FWIW) or is it still a big upgrade?