10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody else feeling that we are scaling really really badly? it seems that the better gear me and the other dps of the raid team get the less dps relative to the others I'm doing.
    Its really frustrating knowing that I have to play perfectly to achieve the numbers I am currently , but I could re-roll to another class and play not nearly as well and achieve close to if not better numbers than I am currently.
    Honestly I think part of the issue is the fact that both int and agi dps gain useful dps stats per point of agi or int , they both get crit.... what does str dps get? parry...really wtf blizz?
    I understand if str gave crit than warriors would blow up the meters even more than they do now... but there has to be somthing to balance str vs agi vs int.

And whats with the Hunter buffs? they were already doing better than we were and blizz buffs them? Before the hotfix I went from being somewhat competitive with our Hunter to being easily 50k dps behind him on most fights now over night.
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    I fear GC may only have been the tip of the iceberg, and all other designers are even worse at balancing...
    The whole team has made the choices, not gc alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    The whole team has made the choices, not gc alone.
    Yes, but as the lead designer, it was ultimately his call what changes went live.

Like I said when MoP was in beta, SoL needs to be buffed by 5% min / 10% max each tier patch. Yes sure we get more mastery and haste and bla bla bla but we still hit for basically nothing compared to others and while DKs and Shadow Priests also need help I honestly think it's got more to do with the top 5 specs being way too strong.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Yes, but as the lead designer, it was ultimately his call what changes went live.
    As somebody who has held a "Lead Designer" role (Mainly in Film, Theater and such), this is not inherently true. Sure there are things you get to put your foot down for, and some things you get to push in one direction (For example the Lead Designer would say NO to Dual Wielding Paladins, and make sure that change didn't go live) but it truly is a team and group effort. You still have accountability elsewhere, be it to your team members, other team heads, or even corporate you're not the be all end all.

Ghost Crawler definitely molded the game into what it was but by no means cast it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I honestly think it's got more to do with the top 5 specs being way too strong.
    I can't help but feel this overwhelmingly this expansion. Especially watching Elemental changes unfold with 5.4. Elemental got a nerf but Mages remained the same, got buffed or at worst a slight nerf (depend on the spec), all while Elemental was marginally excelling in one aspect (AoE). The top specs started off too strong and rather than stay the same and others get buffed, or get nerfed and the others get buffed they just stayed the same and nobody else really got the chance to catch up.

Thankfully Blizzard didn't cave to the 4th spec idea because this problem would only have gotten worse.

It's just awkward to see some classes sit so low and stay so low and others which are higher up just get pushed up higher.

At this point it's all moot, the expansion is so close, but we definitely need to see something done somewhere.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I can't help to think that classes with less raid utility are made to be stronger dps to bring them to raids, which is strange when you look at shadowpriests, warrior sand rogues.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    I can't help to think that classes with less raid utility are made to be stronger dps to bring them to raids, which is strange when you look at shadowpriests, warrior sand rogues.
    Looking at Smokebomb vs. Devotion Aura, I can't find any major differences. I don't think our hands are worth sacrificing 80k DPS for...

In fact, I would gladly sacrifice any hand and selfheal for 80k dps.
    Last edited by mmoc030419f5fd; 2014-01-16 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO since ret is a dps spec it should be about purely dps , id gladly drop the self heals and utility for more dps , sure i love saving the tank or a dps with an instant cast flash of light now and then but if you ask me the healing we do should be self only (like rogues, warriors) and we should loose utility , give that to holy or to prot (they are about protecting others right?) , give us more dps we are about smiting evil not about healing or protecting the team

and why dont we have a inquisition refresh mechanic like rogues do when they use envenom?(not that its hard to keep up but its a quality of life thing)
    im sick an tired of arguing with our teams rogue saying that slice and dice is hard to keep up .. i mean wtf? really .. u apply it once then it refreshes to max duration by using your finisher... /end rant...maybe for now
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    IMO since ret is a dps spec it should be about purely dps , id gladly drop the self heals and utility for more dps , sure i love saving the tank or a dps with an instant cast flash of light now and then but if you ask me the healing we do should be self only (like rogues, warriors) and we should loose utility , give that to holy or to prot (they are about protecting others right?) , give us more dps we are about smiting evil not about healing or protecting the team

and why dont we have a inquisition refresh mechanic like rogues do when they use envenom?(not that its hard to keep up but its a quality of life thing)
    im sick an tired of arguing with our teams rogue saying that slice and dice is hard to keep up .. i mean wtf? really .. u apply it once then it refreshes to max duration by using your finisher... /end rant...maybe for now
    i see you never played combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post

If anything Inquisition sounds cool(The name anyways) but mechanically IMO sucks. I get that Blizzard wanted to move away from Wrath Paladins(^_^). Still I think we should do awesome damage but utility in someway. Then again I've been PVPing as a Healer and it's more fun then PVE healing >_<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    i see you never played combat
    was talking about assassination

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, yeah, the idea is obvious and there, but I think the execution fails in too many ways for it to be even considerable at this point. Too much is being punished and once again, the gap is not even being closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, another week of still no Thok's Tail. Maybe Normal will be kind enough to me if I manage the time to do it.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is: Blizzard don't want that all classes have the same dps capability. They like to dictate where we have to stand and they don't give a shit about our opinion as players. Same goes for Spriests etc. Some classes are obviously op in damage and nothing happens, some classes are underperforming since addon start and nothing happens. So, what else does that mean than simply: We want class XY to be middle or beneath of it by a small margin?

Dakeshi, it seems you're going for full haste now. Is that correct and if so, what changed your mind?

Deleted
    Main Ret, alt Mage, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii92 View Post
    Was more a prot thing. Had to tank 10man+alt run for 2 weeks, so decided to stick full haste in and test it on sunday in the alt run. Even if it's just one run, I just want to see how much smoother it is since its been a while since I did full haste.

- - - Updated - - -

Main ret, alt WW. I'm screwed in WoD x]
    OT, but the xmog on your pally makes my eyes bleed ;_;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If anything Inquisition sounds cool(The name anyways) but mechanically IMO sucks. I get that Blizzard wanted to move away from Wrath Paladins(^_^). Still I think we should do awesome damage but utility in someway. Then again I've been PVPing as a Healer and it's more fun then PVE healing >_<
    I haven't been back at it very long, but I don't see much difference from WotLK. Apart from having to put up Inq, the rest falls back in line with simple priority, rather than rotation. Proven by the fact that CLCret or similar addons are still effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am trying to find the exact stat weight of Ret but I can't seem to find them. All I know is that I need hit/expertise cap and 17k haste(40%). What happens then if I have Evil Eye and Tail Tip? Does crit overtake mastery or vice versa? What's the exact amount of crit or mastery I'd want once I reach the haste breakpoint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Am trying to find the exact stat weight of Ret but I can't seem to find them. All I know is that I need hit/expertise cap and 17k haste(40%). What happens then if I have Evil Eye and Tail Tip? Does crit overtake mastery or vice versa? What's the exact amount of crit or mastery I'd want once I reach the haste breakpoint?
    No limitations on crit or mastery post 40% haste. Maintain your 40% and begin gemming for mastery since it'll provide a more consistent DPS curve than crit will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Like with most classes, stat weights are not static. Run your character through simcraft.