If Inq goes it means we have 0 things to watching for, not that Inq adds much but it forces us to think more than 3 seconds ahead at the very least... If you take away Inq and 4set for us atm we have a 4 button "rotation" with a couple longer cd abilities... Sounds terrible...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

And more than likely only one offensive cd.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

Guys... seriously? Inquisition is dumb. It's not fun. It's most definitely a button bloat ability that you have to click every 59 seconds or you do less dps. It's not special when it's a chore.

And it's a annoying in pvp >.>
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Guys... seriously? Inquisition is dumb. It's not fun. It's most definitely a button bloat ability that you have to click every 59 seconds or you do less dps. It's not special when it's a chore.

And it's a annoying in pvp >.>
    And if it gets cut, we'll be building HoPo with 4 abilities, and hitting TV. And doing nothing else.

Drop inq, drop reforge. I love when a game starts to regress on progress made.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And if it gets cut, we'll be building HoPo with 4 abilities, and hitting TV. And doing nothing else.
    Well if hitting "mandatory" button every 60 seconds means so much to you, you also have Execution Sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Drop inq, drop reforge. I love when a game starts to regress on progress made.
    I'm bummed reforg is going. I like having the ability to turn a not so good piece of gear into something decent. Inquisition is just there to keep you occupied and that's not really a good or fun design. If people really like Inquisition so much, why not just switch it with Divine Purpose? Obviously you'd have to balance it so it doesn't completely overshadow the other two talents, but making Divine Purpose baseline would make ret dps more fun, while still having a sustained dps increasing talent in that row.
    Priest Warrior

We had divine purpose baseline. It was fucking awful to balance. NOTY

- - - Updated - - -

Also ES is so shit compared to inqu it's not even funny. Not that it matters since damage is going to be baked in and ES isn't going to snapshot anymore.

On that note ES just got a hell of alot less interesting.

As far as I recall, the problem everyone had with DP being baseline stemmed from the horrid HoPo generation we had in Cata and how we had to pray to RNG Gods for a proc. Sure having it baseline would need a few balance tweaks, maybe not allowing it to proc off itself would be enough? Again making Inq a talent would still give us the option for sustained damage increase over burst.

I only brought up ES because if pressing a button once every 60 seconds is enough to change a specs rotation from boring and bland to... well, not boring a bland, ES should serve that purpose just fine right?
    Priest Warrior

The reason inquisition made the ret rotation more interesting is it gave us the opportunity to make a mistake. Now, it wasn't hard to not make it, but nonetheless you could tell when someone made it consistently. Without it, we basically have a strict priority system with templar's verdict as a finisher. It is about as interesting as the rotation of a sword guardian in guild wars 2 (which at least is on auto). Perhaps blizzard will give us something else, but I don't find a rotation where I can't make a wrong choice under pressure interesting personally.

Inq, ES, hell even GoAK/AV isn't there to be "fun". It's there to give you something interesting/meaningful to do, important add coming up in 5seconds and your inq has 10 sec left? Refresh it so you don't have to refresh while it's up and causing pain. Everything doesn't have to be "fun" to be useful, I'd much rather have 1-2 buttons I hardly use than 1-2 buttons missing but that's just me I guess... If they remove too much of the things you have to do to be "good" there's absolutely nothing that separates the guy that's played ret for 1 month from the guy who has played ret for 4 years (or longer), THAT is NOT a good thing, trust me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can somebody post a source for that interview where they said that inq was going?
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

ES isn't going to snapshot anymore
    What??????????

edit: why blizzard take my gameplay why
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

10+ Year Old Account
    all dots will be dynamic , no more snapshotting , this has been known for awhile now ..at least we don't have it as bad as aff locks , one of my buddies is not buying wod for that very reason , says they are destroying his spec and it will take no skill anymore , it will just be refreshing dots instead of watching procs then refreshing dots to make them that much stronger., I can sorta see his point
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    Can somebody post a source for that interview where they said that inq was going?
    the source was twitch chat in last night's legendary. I did take a screenshot, which I can link to tonight. Or you can watch the episode when gamebreaker posts it as the hosts briefly commented on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    As far as I recall, the problem everyone had with DP being baseline stemmed from the horrid HoPo generation we had in Cata and how we had to pray to RNG Gods for a proc. Sure having it baseline would need a few balance tweaks, maybe not allowing it to proc off itself would be enough? Again making Inq a talent would still give us the option for sustained damage increase over burst.

I only brought up ES because if pressing a button once every 60 seconds is enough to change a specs rotation from boring and bland to... well, not boring a bland, ES should serve that purpose just fine right?
    No actually the problem people have DP is the same problem people have with it now. It's sustained boss dps is absolutely garbage with it.

No actually the problem people have DP is the same problem people have with it now. It's sustained boss dps is absolutely garbage with it.
    Don't balance us with DP in mind then. Do the balancing shit as they always do: ret bottom 3 overall, then add DP.

More tweets from Lore on ret paladins and inquisition.

Question: wrt Ret: We buff INQ every 58-60 seconds, and hit TV. Ret needs something ADDING, not taking away IMO.

CM_Lore: Possibly, but either way we don't think "refresh this buff once a minute" is terribly entertaining.

Question: A dps rotation is only interesting if you can make mistakes. With inquisition gone, what mistakes can ret make?

CM_Lore: Plenty. Can CS on full Holy Power. Can prioritize HP builders incorrectly. etc

CM_Lore: I'm not sure we can ever make a rotation that something like CLC won't simplify.

Yeah I just think their goal is to dumb down all classes to the point where you can't really play it "wrong" instead of guiding people into playing it "correctly", by far the thing that's worrying me the most in regards to the future of wow. No I didn't just say wow is dying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Yeah I just think their goal is to dumb down all classes to the point where you can't really play it "wrong" instead of guiding people into playing it "correctly", by far the thing that's worrying me the most in regards to the future of wow. No I didn't just say wow is dying...
    Bear said it 1st the sky is falling AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!11111 lmao

so does this means that we will have inquisition as a passive? or it is completely gone