View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I see what you mean. And I dislike it too, but it is possible to just hide the helm right? I thought it was. (Even tho not being the point, since helms are cool ).

But as far as I remember here, unlike most games, the armor are specific to your race. Meaning you wont see that helmet used by a tiny human being stretched and getting all weird so it can fit the Charr. So I think it should be fairly better?

im having a real problem with the races in gw2, not far from the point where its affecting me wanting to not log on during the beta weekends.
    Its like humans bore me, always did in any game none fps. Norns are just bigger humans, charr is not too bad but im not keen on the furry animal type.
    Granted i havnt played the other 2 but all i see is human with leaves stuck on them and wierd head looking midgets...
    ..so basically im going to put my faith into the character creation thing and hope i can make a decent although freeky looking face for an azura.

edit ; i choose humans btw
    Last edited by Suggs; 2012-07-05 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    im having a real problem with the races in gw2, not far from the point where its affecting me wanting to not log on during the beta weekends.
    Its like humans bore me, always did in any game none fps. Norns are just bigger humans, charr is not too bad but im not keen on the furry animal type.
    Granted i havnt played the other 2 but all i see is human with leaves stuck on them and wierd head looking midgets...
    ..so basically im going to put my faith into the character creation thing and hope i can make a decent although freeky looking face for an azura.
    IF you only go by looks, then maybe? Idk whats your criteria here, so I'm just assuming.

For me the humans are just too much (Just one of my characters will be human), indeed boring for me. But the Asura and Sylvari for me are really cool. Specially about how their story/problems is. Altho I usually dont like huge humans haha, Norn lore is just too much fun, the spirits, the hearts around it, the feeling of it, I had a blast. As for Charr I like how they operate, socially and military, but the reason for me as I voted them as the least favorite is just because I dont like their "steam" punk city and such.

Wish gw2 had dwarfs but have to go to the next closest thing which is Norn.

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Wish gw2 had dwarfs but have to go to the next closest thing which is Norn.
    Not sure if you know this but they kinda have it, its just not playable hahah .

Here is the link for it. They had to turn into a "stone" in some kind of ritual to defeat the dragon.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dwarf

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty new to Guild Wars, and I don't really know the lore so maybe these races were in fact in the game.. or.. idk.

But I dislike the Norn just because of how tall they are, they should be dwarves not humans on steroids!
    I also dislike the Slyvari, they should be elves. ):
    This is just my opinion though!

Quote Originally Posted by Iasu View Post
    I'm pretty new to Guild Wars, and I don't really know the lore so maybe these races were in fact in the game.. or.. idk.

But I dislike the Norn just because of how tall they are, they should be dwarves not humans on steroids!
    I think its nice how they are putting the effort to make it unique. Elves and dwarves are generally generic :O. The sylvari are just so rich.. have you seen their choices for story on char creation? (Assuming they are the same?) Being a new race that really doesnt have any true identity yet is a really cool concept. About the Norns, I think its exciting to see that the Kodan (the polar bear) think they are their ancestors.

The kodan believe the norn may be descended from a group of kodan hunters separated from the tribes during the great storm, becoming lesser creatures for giving up being bears. This contradicts the norn belief their ability to transform was granted to them by the Bear Spirit. It isn't clear which, if either, of these is true.
    This kind of lore add so much to the game and the races...beyond the "looks".

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Mrserious I think you're talking about druids. They were ultra hippies who went into the forest to become one with nature.
    Yeah those are the guys.

@Delias my comment was pure speculation. I have read the history behind the tree but the idea was presented to me that the wardens and druids influenced the silvari.

"We know that Maguuma Druids were Krytans who, after moving to Maguuma jungle, have lost their bodies and became some sort of "spirits". In recent interview, Ree has called several times the Pale Tree entity a "spirit", and also said that she (the Pale Tree) is separate from Norn Spirits of the Wild.

Maybe the Tree is connected to Druids, rather than Melandru itself. What if the seed has contained one of the Druid's spirits? What if it chose a humanoid form for Sylvari because it was once human some time ago?"
    It was just a few people discussing the pale tree and I like this idea and it would explain a lot. So would planting the seed on the graves, another possibility as to why silvari are humanoid.

Just throwing around ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iasu View Post

All the dwarves race died 250 years ago and were not like the Norn at all. This is just facts though!

---------- Post added 2012-07-05 at 01:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    I like the idea that the silvari are born from the pale tree but its due to the monks that were once human and transcended beyond their human form and became one with nature. One of these monks did somethign to the pale tree and thus the silvari were born, part the monks heritage and part nature.

I not 100% with the exact story but it explains why the silvari look human-like and are not treants or triffids.
    I don't know if you ever read lore, but that's like 100% untrue....

According to Ree Soesbee (I think, pretty sure it was in one of the TowerTalk interviews) who is one of Anet's main lore type people, the most likely reasons that they are humanoid in shape is to fit in with the humans or influence from Ronan who planted the tree. The way you had worded it in your original post made it seem like you were saying that monks used magic on a tree to make it spit out sylvari, which is.. uhh.. yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    Human. It's not that I dislike them, they're just a tad generic.
    I agree, I'd never play human, in any game.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thing about Asura... at least they're not Moogles. Or Yordles.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    My thing about Asura... at least they're not Moogles.
    Moogles are awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Moogles are awesome!
    Would you really like Asura as much if they were soft, cute, furry, cuddly, and said "kupo" with nearly-every sentence? :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    said "kupo" with nearly-every sentence? :P
    Why do you say that, bookah ?

Deleted
    To expand on my previous post, I don't like the Asura because they seem to be so full of themselves, seeing other races as less important, intelligent etc, even insulting them with some insult of theirs. I hate people who belive they're better then anyone no matter what, and as such I dislike the asura. Normally I'd have voted humans for being too generic, but this thing outweights that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    even insulting them with some insult of theirs
    If you're talking about the term "bookah", bookah, it's not an insult. It's a collective name for any individual who is not Asura. Much like how you'd call people not from your country "foreigners".

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    If you're talking about the term "bookah", bookah, it's not an insult. It's a collective name for any individual who is not Asura. Much like how you'd call people not from your country "foreigners".
    .. yes it is.
    "Bookah" is a large, loud, bellowing, and dumb imaginary creature that the Asura used to frighten their children. Since their surfacing, they use the term to refer to those they view as inferior beings, which to them is almost everyone who is not an Asura.
    Pretty sure that qualifies as an insult. =P

No way, moogles are at least 1000x more awesome than any asura.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    .. yes it is.

Pretty sure that qualifies as an insult. =P
    Both are true which just makes the race even more miserable. "Oh you're not one of us? Here, I've got this word for you...."

Anyway, voted human. Just in general lame and uninteresting.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.