10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    Heh, I pretty much always am unless I'm not at my computer or marathoning something.

Also, people need to stop thinking that sharing their feelings here and/or asking for advice is attention whoring.
    It is for me, and I highly doubt anybody can convince me otherwise. I don't like the attention, which is why I decided I'll never type the whole "what have ponies done for me" story in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Haha, some of the things I posted back then. I really have become a big ol' recluse.
    In hindsight, I wish I hadn't been so afraid of actually watching the show. Considering that part 1 was the one thing that brought me back to MMO-C (you can thank the HoN forums' own Pony Thread and maybe my own curiosity for that), it's a damn shame that I didn't post there until late September.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    It is for me, and I highly doubt anybody can convince me otherwise. I don't like the attention, which is why I decided I'll never type the whole "what have ponies done for me" story in here.
    I don't think I'd even be able to write anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    Also, people need to stop thinking that sharing their feelings here and/or asking for advice is attention whoring.
    It's easy to overdo it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ponies haven't done anything for me. People who watch ponies may have done things for me, but ponies have done nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    Ponies haven't done anything for me. People who watch ponies may have done things for me, but ponies have done nothing.
    I always thought that that is what it's referring to and not the actual ponies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    They should be more clear if that's what they're saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I reeeeeaaally don't like you. You don't have anything constructive to say here besides to nitpick random things that context should give.

Its a figure of speech. Its why its in quotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I just don't talk about things that matter or are of any weight at all. Politics, religion, setbacks in life etc. are just topics to steer clear of.
    I'm more than happy to force irrelevant anecdotes of everyday life upon others though!
    Which is a good idea. Politics in particular are a terrible topic, imo. Someone always gets mad when politics are the topic of discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I reeeeeaaally don't like you. You don't have anything constructive to say here besides to nitpick random things that context should give.

Its a figure of speech. Its why its in quotations.
    Well, I'm sorry, I couldn't understand that they didn't mean it literally. Oh, and this isn't a pissed off sort of sorry, I'm actually sorry that I misinterpreted it.
    Last edited by Sofii; 2012-08-05 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do mean it literally. No ponies --> no fandom --> no help for me from random people on the Internet. They may have not done anything directly (which is not true), but what did happen only happened because of them. So as far as I'm concerned, it's "What Ponies Have Done For Me".

10+ Year Old Account
    I still wonder whatever the hell it was that made me check this place in the first...well, place. Or at least lurk through part 1 for as long as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    I do mean it literally. No ponies --> no fandom --> no help for me from random people on the Internet. They may have not done anything directly (which is not true), but what did happen only happened because of them.
    You could probably say that for anything and everything then, I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do mean it literally. No ponies --> no fandom --> no help for me from random people on the Internet. They may have not done anything directly (which is not true), but what did happen only happened because of them. So as far as I'm concerned, it's "What Ponies Have Done For Me".
    Fair enough, I can understand that logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, even after blocking so many people, I still think this is one of the best communities I've ever seen. Not talking about bronydom in general, as I don't know too much about that, just this thread.

I strongly believe that it used to be much better though.

Also, even after blocking so many people, I still think this is one of the best communities I've ever seen. Not talking about bronydom in general, as I don't know too much about that, just this thread.

I strongly believe that it used to be much better though.
    It was. It very much was.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    I don't know. I had a different attitude back then, so it suited that attitude better. I like how it is currently, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still wonder whatever the hell it was that made me check this place in the first...well, place. Or at least lurk through part 1 for as long as I did.
    The split second where you stop being skeptical and harbor the thought, however lightly, that maybe, just maybe, these people aren't actually trolls, and there is actually something genuinely sincere going on.

You could probably say that for anything and everything then, I dunno.
    You could. "What _____ Has/Have Done For Me". Hydrogen, ones and zeros, Vaseline, blood, who knows. But without ponies, I probably would have sunk even further into a depression that would probably have qualified as clinical depression.

-twitch-

Urgh, my old self sickens me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    I don't like saying this, I don't like myself for saying this, but I agree.

Still paranoid it's all nostalgia.

EDIT: Ohh, I found you, Sofii. I didn't catch you in the S's the first time around, for some reason.

I was never really around since the start, so I can't comment on whether it was better back then.

I will say that I do still enjoy the thread as it is. Even if I just lurk all the time. I really only pop in for the arts, or if I'm in a goofy mood.

As for serious topics, I'd say they're always somewhat relevant, as long as it doesn't drag on a single topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    LATE REPLIES. I knew I missed some posts I wanted to reply to, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by LenisCaedo View Post
    Better than I thought I would be today. How about you?
    I'm not bad. Looking forward to the the next few days of freedom, hoping to get some serious writing and/or drawing done.

I just don't really have anything to talk about. I'm not terribly interesting.
    I have a lot to talk about, but I really don't like talking about it unless I know everyone (or at least most of everyone) who's listening is actually interested and/or cares about it. I could go on all day about my OCs backstories (I get the feeling you're not a fan), ideas for my fic', or random thoughts about art, but I generally don't unless someone expresses an interest in it of their own accord, and that last bit is really important. I like knowing that someone's interested in my work because they're interested in it, not because I want them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zookz25 View Post
    I was never really around since the start, so I can't comment on whether it was better back then.

I will say that I do still enjoy the thread as it is. Even if I just lurk all the time. I really only pop in for arts, or if I'm in a goofy mood.
    Indeed. While it was nice back in the day with being able to spam stuff and mods not looking over our shoulder 75% of the time, but nothing has really changed. Nostalgia is just a really strong thing.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    The split second where you stop being skeptical and harbor the thought, however lightly, that maybe, just maybe, these people aren't actually trolls, and there is actually something genuinely sincere going on.
    Funnily enough, I figured that you guys were serious from the very beginning. Not just that, but you genuinely seemed like better people compared to HoN's pony threadders.

You could. "What _____ Has/Have Done For Me". Hydrogen, ones and zeros, Vaseline, blood, who knows. But without ponies, I probably would have sunk even further into a depression that would probably have qualified as clinical depression.
    It's possible. While I don't think this thread has helped me anywhere near as much as it's helped you, I strongly believe that I learned quite a lot from it and its threadders.

-twitch-

Urgh, my old self sickens me sometimes.
    As I said, it's a natural thing. There's no changing it. I've always tried to accept things as they are, and to accept that my past self was just that, a past self. But then I don't know if anything I ever do is a good thing, so take that with a grain of salt.

I'm telling you, it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account

I reckon it's nostalgia, but I prefer to live now. If you dwell to long on the past, you can't appreciate the present. Either way, I just accept it for what it is, and stay here. I like it here, and generally always have. I'll probably stop coming here when all the old people leave. Maybe. I like some of the new kids.

Ohh, I found you, Sofii. I didn't catch you in the S's the first time around, for some reason.
    I was hoping I wasn't mistaken.