Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion Forums Moderator Recruitment

This was posted on the front page and in General Discussions (see this thread), but I know some of you don't read that, so I'm copying it here as well. With Guild Wars 2 coming closer to release, we're definitely looking for more good moderators for this forum.

MMO-Champion Forums Moderator Recruitment
    Good news everyone! We're recruiting moderators for the forums again! The amount of users and posts keeps increasing and we reached the point again where we need some help before the trolls take over and play Whack-a-Mod in the new Darkmoon Faire. I know it sounds fun, but I'm going to assume we don't want that.

Read this if you plan to apply
    • Please please please, do not apply if you're just super bored during the summer break before you go back to school/work. We are not asking for a life-long commitment, but more than 2 weeks would be nice.
    • Do not apply if you only want to wave your banhammer at random people. Moderators are expected to post on the forums they moderate regularly, contribute, keep the sticky posts clean and updated, etc ...
    • You will be expected to be on IRC most of the time to communicate with the rest of the team. This is very important, and you're not getting promoted before you come and say hi. (We can tell you how that works, it's pretty easy)
    • If you apply to moderate a class forum, you will be expected to know how your class works.

I can do that! What do you need from me?
    • You will need a certain level of activity on forums over the past x days to be eligible to apply on a forum. I'm not going to go into details, but it will make the selection process much easier on our side if we can easily spot who is active and who isn't.
    • A reasonable amount of free time, but probably less than you think. If you're already an active poster (and if we don't screw up, you are) it will probably just 10 more minutes to your daily forum routine.
    • Don't be stupid. Realistically, it will be easy to figure that out by going through your post history, but if you got infracted 5 times over the past month, you're probably out.

How do I apply?
    • Fill this very simple form.
    • Your application will be listed and admins will review it. It should be slightly faster than in the past, since most of the data we used to gather on applicants is now obtained automatically. (Yes, we're going to stalk your forum life)
    • You will get a PM from our lovely Scrapbot if you're refused or accepted. If you're accepted, more instructions will follow, and cake cookies.

Important
    • One of the "base" requirements to be eligible to moderate a forum is to have 100 posts in the past 90 days in that forum. A little over 1 post/day for a moderator doesn't seem excessive, and is required to have credible moderators. Bigger forums might require more posts (150 to 300)
    • Do not apply to another forum just because you're not eligible for the one you wanted in the first place.
    • If we only see bad posts in your history you're going to get refused right away. It's not worth trying to be nice after you applied, we automatically skip those posts to check the ones before your application. It's also the same for post activity, if you posted tons of stuff just to meet the criteria you will be instantly refused.
    • Past infractions won't block you from applying or being a mod if they're small infractions. Obviously, if you did something incredibly stupid your chances to be a mod will be greatly lowered.

Good luck to anyone who may apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    I applied, wouldn't mind lending a hand around here since I'm browsing around the forums so much.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would apply if I was more responsible. I don't mind reporting posts though, that makes me feel like a mini-mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I applied, wouldn't mind lending a hand around here since I'm browsing around the forums so much.
    Same here! Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Good luck to anyone who may apply.
    Gongratzzzzz Grandpab... keep the forums a safe place!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to anyone who does apply. This is a huge forum, with a moderately strict rule-set. I moderate a forum and administrate one server for a TF2 community, but it's way more laid back on the FPS side of gaming. I shoot my big, ignorant country mouth off too much to be a mod for this site, let alone the GW2 community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be applying because I don't think management likes me anymore

If I didn't have so many responsibilities I'd apply, making sure to curb my frequent off-topic antics ofc
    GL to those of you who apply

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Gratz Grandpab, seems way overdue to me seeing how helpful and knowledgeable you have been so far in the GW2 forums.

Deleted
    Gratz, bro.

Deleted
    I would vote for you if I could.

Deleted
    I'd vote for Mif if he promises free cookies.

I applied myself but that probably won't happen. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    I would vote for you if I could.
    Aw, thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    Same here! Good luck
    Same to you.

Ah, so many smiles, haha.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Aw, thanks,

Same to you.

Ah, so many smiles, haha.
    What is it with u and smiles?
    I once remember you told me to stop using them so much. I replied with about 20 smilys if I remember rightly..........
    U were less than impressed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    What is it with u and smiles?
    I once remember you told me to stop using them so much. I replied with about 20 smilys if I remember rightly..........
    U were less than impressed
    Did I? You must be mistaking me for someone else. The only time I've really spoken with you at length was inside GW1, and you can't use smiles in the chat... can you? Well, at least not the yellow forum kind.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-07-05 at 09:55 AM.

Did I? You must be mistaking me for someone else. The only time I've really spoken with you at length was inside GW1, and you can't use smiles in the chat... can you? Well, at least not the yellow forum kind.
    Oh no sorry! It wasn't u................I get u charr all confused
    It was........I'm not sure now. But it was some cantankerous charr...they were always posting about the friendly asura/charr bashing....for the life of me I can't remember who it was...
    But yh......not u. Ur far too mellow xD

Anyway....I hope from our brief chat in GW1 that u came to like Mansun. Awesome band.

Also...........see what I mean about my earlier point of being off-topic? I just can't help myself. >.> Need guild chat I guess...........

Deleted
    Lest people forget, moderating is a pretty demanding task. Just tossing it out as a reminder to would-be applicants. Me, I wouldn't go back into that even if I was paid for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of applying anyway, so this might be the push I needed. Although, this month I won't have that much time available because of work. Maybe in August.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    hmm, this sounds apealing tbh