Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    it is kinda fun buy ruined by:

items expire after a day usually
    LAG
    ui is slow and bad, especially chat
    bugs, i couldnt use my hard suit or aim down the sights after 2 matches
    most features require real money, even getting another loadout costs 10 dollars...really?
    recoil is insane
    Item expiry is annoying, but a lot of F2P games that have cheap items (read: ones that only take 20m of playtime to purchase) tend to have it.
    I ping great (~60ms in most games)
    UI is awful
    Haven't seen those bugs
    At level 5 you get another loadout for free.
    Recoil can be fixed by certain equipment additions (sacrificing range/footspeed etc in turn) crouching helps a lot as well

Honestly, I'm really enjoying this game. Fast respawn, short matches, DOM and KOTH matches flow well, and I seem to be really good at it (which obviously makes it more fun).
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    i thought it was a really good game, espeically for a F2P, ive had a lot of fun playing it .

though some people have some really OP guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Item expiry is annoying, but a lot of F2P games that have cheap items (read: ones that only take 20m of playtime to purchase) tend to have it.
    I ping great (~60ms in most games)
    UI is awful
    Haven't seen those bugs
    At level 5 you get another loadout for free.
    Recoil can be fixed by certain equipment additions (sacrificing range/footspeed etc in turn) crouching helps a lot as well

Honestly, I'm really enjoying this game. Fast respawn, short matches, DOM and KOTH matches flow well, and I seem to be really good at it (which obviously makes it more fun).
    it was my bluetooth mouse causing the bugs i think :P
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

What's with these progression/unlockable systems in FPS's nowadays?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's the MMO-effect.

Boils down to two reasons:

1) Feeling of accomplishment - Getting first in Counter-Strike is cool and all, but once the round flips over, you lose that progression sense (unless you play on a server with ranking mods, or have a community you belong to where people know you're good). Having a high-rank next to your name makes you feel like you have accomplished more than other players. False superiority and all that.

2) Playtime advantage - The more you play, the more powerful you are in relation to other players. It's a pretty good incentive for those who want an edge.

It's a F2P MMO so they're going to need to have unlockable weapons to make money. I don't have a problem with that necessarily and I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong.

Progression exists because that's what people want. People like being rewarded for playing and they like feeling like they are progressing. I think it's pretty stupid, but it's proven to increase player retention and it takes very little work to implement.

Been playing a lot of this game lately and definitely think its decent for being a F2P. I did grab the starter pack off Steam for $10 because its cheap and I like to support game developers. I like the CoD feel to it, but the balance of the weapons is what gets me the most. I don't feel like I get rolled repeatedly by one single weapon and I enjoy the tough decision of what mods to put in due to the pros and cons of each. More run speed at the cost of larger spread? Its things like that keep the game balanced.

Edge and Grraarrgghh said it best. I'll just add that it gives the game new life when you take a break from it. I always like going back to find there is something to shoot for (no pun intended). Plus with the way that weapons work and the high cost to permanently unlock them, there is always something to work towards and unlock. New premades are made all the time and give some interesting dynamics to your arsenal
    Last edited by joecool4433; 2012-07-10 at 08:54 PM. Reason: No Pun Intended

Looks like a great game, Gonna try it out over the weekend.

I've been playing it lately, and I'm really digging it. It has a formidable map count with a lot of different game play modes, meaning that there's a lot of content at your fingertips without having to pay at all. The visor mechanic is pretty cool and puts a neat spin on gameplay, and the temporary in-game currency that can be used to purchase flamethrowers, rocket launchers, and mech suits once you acquire enough points in a game is a pretty neat mechanic as well. The weapon customization is really nice as well, and leveling is done at a nice pace.

I also love the semi-futuristic touches, like the environments filled with big holographic displays and television screens all over the place. Getting a windows-style blue screen when hit with an EMP grenade is pretty awesome, too.

downloading it now been wanting to play a fps on my computer that wasn't TF2 only got Tf2 and BFBC2 atm lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    So ive been tempted to download it but i need to know something , how big is the original download-patched version ive been trying to find it all over the internet but people say 13gb 19gb 40gb O.o could some one reply ?

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    So ive been tempted to download it but i need to know something , how big is the original download-patched version ive been trying to find it all over the internet but people say 13gb 19gb 40gb O.o could some one reply ?
    I think it was something like 5-6G when I downloaded it with a relatively small patch afterwards (this is through Steam). Don't remember exactly and I'm not at home so I can't check the install size : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Well would be nice if you could check it when you get home and reply would be grateful

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Great game honestly. For being F2P you can't really knock it if you like FPS games.

That being said, it is one of the toughest FPS for me to actually be good at for some reason. I've been playing MPFPS since Goldeneye on N64 and have never been this bad at one - ever. It still is fun though and I always feel the itch to come back after rage quitting.

The cash shop is balanced and the unlock system is cool. I like the renting the weapons and items idea because it keeps you playing. And the customization is just awesome.

The amount of graphics and control settings are also, hands down, some of the best in a FPS on PC to date.

I tried it but the optimizing is just teribad.If you turn on directx 11 you start lagging like a beast.Np only 6 fps with directx 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    I tried it but the optimizing is just teribad.If you turn on directx 11 you start lagging like a beast.Np only 6 fps with directx 11.
    Runs great for me. Some cards don't play nice with the U3 engine though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel
    Well would be nice if you could check it when you get home and reply would be grateful
    It's ~5.5 GB.

I've been playing it for a few days now, since it came out on Steam. The good thing about it is that it's not exactly pay 2 win. You can do well without putting real cash into it. The bad so far for me is that the mech's are way too easy to get. I've also been having bad fps drops in certain situations that are making playing the game not fun. For example, when I use the HRV my fps drops to slideshow mode for a sec, and it also sometimes drops in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    it is kinda fun buy ruined by:

items expire after a day usually
    LAG
    ui is slow and bad, especially chat
    bugs, i couldnt use my hard suit or aim down the sights after 2 matches
    most features require real money, even getting another loadout costs 10 dollars...really?
    recoil is insane
    My most common issue with the hardsuit is that it is "dropped" in.
    Therefore it kept failing to spawn when in an enclosed area.
    Ensure there is no ceiling or obstacles above you, it being open space instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    The good thing about it is that it's not exactly pay 2 win.
    It's not even close to pay to win. There's no real money exclusive weapons (unless I missed one) or customization options that yield any benefit, and anything you can purchase with cash can be purchased with in-game currency. That and it's relatively cheap to purchase individual items.

That being said I hate rental systems, especially one day rental system -_-

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    My most common issue with the hardsuit is that it is "dropped" in.
    Therefore it kept failing to spawn when in an enclosed area.
    Ensure there is no ceiling or obstacles above you, it being open space instead.
    ohhh ok. I was inside when i tried it before and the little thing you get when you get the iron suit went to 70% and just stopped with no information. i thought the game was broke.
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out