Thread: Slender.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Slender.

Slender, the horror game based on the mythical creature called Slender Man. I've played it a couple of times before I had to turn it off, because I couldn't handle me screaming anymore. Such a simple game but so scary at the same time. If you haven't played it, then I suggest you do. Plus it's free. It's just hard to find a download link that works. I found a working link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vql3a6fbjq0qbbv. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Warmdirt; 2012-07-09 at 05:13 AM.
    Yo momma so fat she broke a branch in your family tree.

I can't play this game. I just get too nervous and I start twitching all over the goddamn place. I'm not even scared of Slender Man stories or anything, but I just get so startled whenever I turn around and he's right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I. Hate. This. Game. It makes me scream like a little girl.

as a fan of marble hornets i loved this game :3

I can't say that I've played it nor will I ever say that I've played BUT I do enjoy watching PewDiePie play it. His reactions and just watching him scream is hilarious. And before anyone can say or ask, "You're just afraid?" OR "Whats the matter? You afraid?" Hell yes I am. But it does look major fun. One day if I get drunk enough, I'll play it. Why drunk? Because when I drink I do stupid stuff lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I struggle to even watch the videos of this shit. But then again, i've had nights where i've locked my bedroom door and stuffed towels in the cracks after watching some marble hornets, so Slenderman is a bit of a contentious topic for me :V
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I can't play this game. I just get too nervous and I start twitching all over the goddamn place. I'm not even scared of Slender Man stories or anything, but I just get so startled whenever I turn around and he's right there.
    This is so me. I LOVE the Marble Hornet series on youtube, but there is just something about the music and knowing he is behind that scares me the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually just found this the other day. It's so, so good. At first it was just a little creepy with the static when you find him... I didn't realize he'd get closer... and closer....

Yeah it's not often I panic-escape out of a game and just kind of walk away to find happy music and a well lit area... but that was me the other night.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

your description of the game intrigues me. where can i download it?

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    your description of the game intrigues me. where can i download it?
    I was lucky to find it. Just search the internet for it. There is no official site anymore because the servers were crashed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch 30 seconds of THIS. Watch This. Then more 30 seconds of the first video, then back to the second. SOMEDAY I'LL FINISH WATCHING IT. Too scared for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting for sure. I found 5/8 of the pages before hitting escape to see if there was a menu to look at the pages you found, and subsequently exiting the game. I'll definitely play it again to try and finish it. Are there any pages in the brick building with the white tile floors, or in the collection of oil tanks?

The trick, at least as far as I have seen, is just to not look behind you. Walk a wide circle if you have to turn around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    It's interesting for sure. I found 5/8 of the pages before hitting escape to see if there was a menu to look at the pages you found, and subsequently exiting the game. I'll definitely play it again to try and finish it. Are there any pages in the brick building with the white tile floors, or in the collection of oil tanks?

The trick, at least as far as I have seen, is just to not look behind you. Walk a wide circle if you have to turn around.
    No there aren't that I found.

Also, there's a bunch of tricks to it listed in the Readme that comes with the game. Apparently keeping your flashlight off as much as possible slows his pursuit. (Nofuckingthankyou)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

yeah that would give me a heart attack full of nopes
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    No there aren't that I found.

Also, there's a bunch of tricks to it listed in the Readme that comes with the game. Apparently keeping your flashlight off as much as possible slows his pursuit. (Nofuckingthankyou)
    That would explain why he was so far away then. I turned off my flashlight while walking through the forest a bit, and when I eventually saw him he was rather far away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skyburn1 View Post
    Watch 30 seconds of THIS. Watch This. Then more 30 seconds of the first video, then back to the second. SOMEDAY I'LL FINISH WATCHING IT. Too scared for now.
    That's quite possibly the most boring video I've ever watched.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That's quite possibly the most boring video I've ever watched.
    actually thats what i thought too after watching it, it was just ten minutes of the character walking around in a forest with a flashlight and panting loudly.

i think ima pass on this game.

It's not like it looks scary or anything, I won't play it because it looks boring, not because it would scare me!

I..It's not like I'm too afraid to play it!

Also, if you manage to see him from a distance, just keep looking at him 'cause if you do, he won't move. So you'll just have to keep on doing that since the more pages you get, the faster Slender man gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skyburn1 View Post
    I was kinda scared :P I watched the video but found the Pewdipie guy to be extremely obnoxious. I can't imagine having to be around him in real life. I don't think I'd enjoy playing that game by myself xD I found Bioshock a bit too scary. It's funny, I'm not afraid of really anything when it comes to real life; but maybe I'm just used to my surroundings and therefore always feel safe. Not being afraid to die probably has it's own impact on lack of fear as well though.

Rereading that, it's not a very coherent paragraph, but I'm very sleepy, so I'm just going to leave it.