Poll: Would you prefer different release date?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Half of my guild say that they won't play on release for different reasons (money / time / whatever) and will join us few weeks to 2 months after release. I'm not sure if I will play gw2 on release too even if I've been waiting for it for so long. Do you think that ArenaNet failed with 28th August?
    How is your friends "money/time/whatever" in any way AN's responsibility? They gave a release date months in advance and you and your friends HAD to know it was coming this summer/fall.

How can money or time be an issue with a 2 and a half month notice? Do you guys not have jobs? Even if you don't, you have the internet and a PC, which leads me to believe you have some sort of income, whether it be family or savings. $60 in 2 and a half months is a joke.

Time? Again..2 and a half months in advance to a date that you knew was going to be this year.

Whatever?...well whatever indeed.

Do I think they failed? Not a single bit.
    Do I think you and your friends are looking for an excuse? Yes.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-07-11 at 04:22 AM.

Deleted
    How can they fail with the release date? I mean srsly should they just write everyone a greeting card and ask them if it is ok if they release the game on date XY? The game would never be released then.... This is ridiculous.

Hehe.

No.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    How is your friends "money/time/whatever" in any way AN's responsibility? They gave a release date months in advance and you and your friends HAD to know it was coming this summer/fall.

How can money or time be an issue with a 2 and a half month notice? Do you guys not have jobs? Even if you don't, you have the internet and a PC, which leads me to believe you have some sort of income, whether it be family or savings. $60 in 2 and a half months is a joke.

Time? Again..2 and a half months in advance to a date that you knew was going to be this year.

Whatever?...well whatever indeed.

Do I think they failed? Not a single bit.
    Do I think you and your friends are looking for an excuse? Yes.
    Seriously, I'd really like the OP (if not a troll) to come back and state how it's a fail on a developers part with a release date. What would make it a success? I'm curious as to what his reasons are for why it's a "failed" release date?

Is it a failed release date because it'll be out 4 months before the holiday shopping season? Possibly for the people who don't buy their own products and rely on others to buy them for them, sure they won't be in at launch, but c'mon seriously...

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes, because I start school on the 27th.

Heh. But how much work do you really do on the first few days of school, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neuk View Post
    Yeah, I think that's were OP was going with this. He thinks were all twelve.
    I heard the only people allowed to play games are people over 25 or high school/college drop outs.

Even though I have no problem with the release date the majority of people who will be playing this game are going to be under 25, and unless they are a NEET or aren't going to college they are going to be starting school then. Not that that's a bad thing, many prefer to play during school semesters because it's a lot easier then during summer.

The reason MMO's are almost always released during the school year for a majority of players is because that's when they play most.

I don't like it how people seem to have a complex about people who are still in school, be is HS/College/or whatever, who play games. That's the main gaming age demographic right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I don't like it how people seem to have a complex about people who are still in school, be is HS/College/or whatever, who play games. That's the main gaming age demographic right there.
    They don't, but when the OP states that Anet failed due to it being not a good time for him. That's a bit off. Do you understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    I was hoping for a later release to give them more time to polish it.

There are still several mechanics that I feel need to be adjusted. Camera movement and modified keybindings still aren't working as they should.

As excited I am for the game, I feel like I could totally wait some more months to have it fixed.

But did they 'fail'? No. Even the game in its current state is fairly playable.
    Did you play the last BWE? Also wait til BWE 3 they may have fixed some of the things you are hoping for with this coming BWE =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    They don't, but when the OP states that Anet failed due to it being not a good time for him. That's a bit off. Do you understand?
    There are an annoying amount of people who do have a superiority complex above those who go to school, but I see your point in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Arena net fanboys = blizz fanboys 2.0? "Arena net can't do anything bad, I hate you!" Chill out everybody! Yes it's a bad release date because the majority of costumers are teenagers!
    You only come into the GW2 subsection to spout this? And that while you already have an infraction standing. You really want to risk a forum vacation just to call us fanboys and teenagers and tell us Arenanet is releasing the game at the wrong date, a standpoint you back up with nothing factual. But is just to bash.

Two weeks/months later... you will have MOP launch >_>.
    They got the date just right.
    Enough time to get people hooked into it, force Blizz to release MOP unfinished and buggy as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any responsible adult would say the release date is fine. "Why?", you ask? well simply put: anyone who actually has a 40 hour a week job with minimal vacation time would say that no matter the release date; the game is well within the parameter satisfaction. To be more specific: the only people bitching about the release date are Tapout shirt wearing beefheads who will ultimately fail college, and high school kids who saved their allowance up to buy this game.

Need I say more?
    Grow up.

Not even close to anything resembling a failure. End of summer is pretty good, for most people. Plus they stuck with their development philosophy to the very end, and i can't be any happier about it. I believe the game will be ready and polished for launch, and the release date is pretty good.

Misleading poll is misleading.

I would prefer a release date of tomorrow. :P

I don't think they "failed" at all, though. It'll swoop up people who are waiting for MoP expansion - and since MoPs expansion is at least 1-3 months off from GW2(by best guesstimations I've seen), I think it was a pretty good business plan. It's also early enough that people aren't quite in their "christmas stingy" mode, so are still willing to spend some money. It's a good time as far as school goes(no major tests immediatly after/during release week)... All around, I can't see a single issue with the release date.

Still wish it was tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Misleading poll is misleading.

I would prefer a release date of tomorrow. :P

----

Still wish it was tomorrow.
    I think most of us do. :P

Deleted
    August 28 is my birthday......my birthday can NEVER be fail

10+ Year Old Account
    What an amazing BD present
    Valar morghulis

I do not, it's fine for me. Faculty starts in October, so a whole month to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    He's saying people can play both at the same time without forking out $30/month.

WoW also has ~10m subscribers, one game won't "kill it" games have/do survive on much less.
    The fact that they have different business models means nothing, just pointing that out. I know gw2 isn't a WoW killer, but a B2P game could kill a P2P game.