View Poll Results: How will your wallet fare against Steam?

Voters
908. This poll is closed
  • $0 (Steam doesn't have anything against my wallet)

163 17.95%
  • $0 - $50 (barely a scratch)

388 42.73%
  • $50 - $100 (fair fight)

217 23.90%
  • $100 - $300 (wallet will be ruffed up pretty bad but it'll live to fight another sale)

103 11.34%
  • $300 - $500 (I won't recognize my wallet by the end of the sale)

12 1.32%
  • >$500 (I'll sell my wallet to Steam for more games)

25 2.75%
    Spent about 50 dollars, pretty much averaged to 5 dollars a piece at 10 games....enough to give me something to do for a while yet....not bad considering that is less than the price of one new game these days. I passed on a couple I was really thinking about getting (notably Amnesia and Oblivion) notably because I had already bought a ton of games by then. Only ones I've played so far are Metro 2033 and Saints Row 3 and both are a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Ended up with:

Binding of Isaac
    BioShock 2
    Dragon Age:Origins - Ultimate Edition
    Saints Row: The Third
    Civilization V
    Trine 2
    Warhammer 40k, Dawn of War II - Retribution
    The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition

Plenty of RPG and RTS goodness to busy myself with and a few casual games for when I just want something quick and easy

10+ Year Old Account
    payday and fallout 3 goty is all i got but i pre ordered TL2 in may so ill have that once its released

Deleted
    Playing Machinarium now. Awesome game. Requires more thought than Samorost 2 (which was just kind of random clicking), but it's quite similar for the rest. Hope it's a bit longer than Samorost too.

Costume Quest
    The Witcher 2
    Mirror's Edge
    The Binding of Isaac

I was hoping for a 75% off for Skyrim but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Playing Machinarium now. Awesome game. Requires more thought than Samorost 2 (which was just kind of random clicking), but it's quite similar for the rest. Hope it's a bit longer than Samorost too.
    Machinarium is great fun, but I'm enjoying Botanicula much more than the other games from that developer. It's quirky and just awesome. Sometimes it's a bit hard to figure out what to do, but I've been grinning pretty much my entire play through so far.

Edit: if it's possible that you have more money to spend on gaming, apparently Best Buy is having a good sale, too.

The deals aren't quite as provocative as Steam's, but there are still 141 games and accessories at various degrees of sale, just waiting to get to know your credit card. A few notable games include:

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - $9.99
    Gears of War 3 - $14.99
    Madden NFL 12 - $9.99
    Just Dance 3 - $9.99
    Brink - $9.99
    Pilotwings Resort - $4.99
    Metroid: Other M - $4.99

There are plenty of other good deals, so check it out - that is, if you still have any money after the Steam summer sale.
    Link to Best Buy's discounts: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...s&nrp=15&iht=n

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...lowout-is-live
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2012-07-23 at 11:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Machinarium is great fun, but I'm enjoying Botanicula much more than the other games from that developer. It's quirky and just awesome. Sometimes it's a bit hard to figure out what to do, but I've been grinning pretty much my entire play through so far.
    I've also got that one. Wanted to wait with it until I can play on my normal PC though, as it looked quite nice to have good sound with and a big screen (:
    Thanks for the heads up though, now I'm looking even more forward to playing it!

Now that the sale is over, is there a way other than actively searching to tell if a specif game is on sale or to monitor it's price?

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Now that the sale is over, is there a way other than actively searching to tell if a specif game is on sale or to monitor it's price?
    On the right hand side of the store page they have daily/midweek/weekend sales. Below the feature games section theirs a series of lists; New Releases, Top Sellers, Coming Soon, and Specials. Anything currently on-sale will be in the "Specials" tab. Just click on it and scroll through to see all the games that currently have a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    On the right hand side of the store page they have daily/midweek/weekend sales. Below the feature games section theirs a series of lists; New Releases, Top Sellers, Coming Soon, and Specials. Anything currently on-sale will be in the "Specials" tab. Just click on it and scroll through to see all the games that currently have a discount.
    Was kinda hoping for something that provided an update on specific games like oh say the X Superbox =P

Either way Ima keep an eye out for it. Was just hoping I could get by being a bit lazier is all.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Was kinda hoping for something that provided an update on specific games like oh say the X Superbox =P

Either way Ima keep an eye out for it. Was just hoping I could get by being a bit lazier is all.
    It does, it provides updates on everything that's currently on sale. You just open the Specials tab and it shows everything in a nice little list.

...I much preferred the Summer Sale's layout to the default one. Bring it back, Valve!

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    ...I much preferred the Summer Sale's layout to the default one. Bring it back, Valve!
    Agreed. The normal one looks so boring in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    It does, it provides updates on everything that's currently on sale. You just open the Specials tab and it shows everything in a nice little list.
    Alternatively, you can add any and/or all of the games that you're interested in to your Wishlist, and view that. It'll show what percent off it is (if it's on sale), as well as how much it currently costs.

That's what I was doing during the Summer Sale, was much easier to see (other than the top 20 or w/e).

15+ Year Old Account
    I also liked it better:/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    They should let us 'customize' it with previous sale events. So we can use the current, or this summer sale or halloween or what not, it'd be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, steam summer sale is now over and my wallet has survived.

Until Christmas.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Welp, steam summer sale is now over and my wallet has survived.

Until Christmas.
    You forgot the possible Thanksgiving week and maybe a 2 day horror sale for Halloween. :P

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That Best-Buy sale is jacked up. I saw inFamous 2 for 10 bucks, which looked fun but is not available for shipping. I'd have to drive 2.5 hours to the closest store that has it (there are like 5 best-buys within 20 minutes of me, but its unavailable in them). Oh well, knew it was too good to be true :P

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You forgot the possible Thanksgiving week and maybe a 2 day horror sale for Halloween. :P
    Don't forget the Steam Sale's Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    That Best-Buy sale is jacked up. I saw inFamous 2 for 10 bucks, which looked fun but is not available for shipping. I'd have to drive 2.5 hours to the closest store that has it (there are like 5 best-buys within 20 minutes of me, but its unavailable in them). Oh well, knew it was too good to be true :P
    Sorry to hear that. I'm just here, reporting what I see... Hopefully they'll restock it? Although I assume this sale is them trying to clear inventory...