Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • Star Wars

20 86.96%
  • Naruto

3 13.04%
    10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] Comparison of two worlds

So I am having an argument with my GF, who is a big fan of Naruto. She claims, that the world of Naruto is larger (with lore complexity, number of characters, importance of characters etc. etc.) than the world of Star Wars.

So I'd like to ask you guys, what do you think. Please post your opinion only if you have seen both and know what you are talking about, I need this solved

10+ Year Old Account
    I find this a difficult question to respond to.
    Star Wars is literally bigger in size, and probably has a greater lore.
    But Naruto has stronger and more diverse characters (imo). I did vote for Naruto, but it was more out of personal preferance. I'm a fan of both, though.. I just feel I can relate more to the Naruto world, characters and lore than Star Wars.. Yet Star Wars feels massive and maybe harder to grasp due to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you include all the extended universe stuff like all the novels, comics, and games, Star Wars is much bigger since it includes multiple planets over multiple generations.

The world of Star Wars, as Narc and Skizz have pointed out, is greater in size. I would have to disagree with your girlfriend though, OP. Not to hate on Naruto or anything, as it is a decent anime, but many of the situations that the characters are put in (emotionally, that is) are so painstakingly generic that almost anybody can relate to it and feel the same as the characters do. Many other shows do this too, but I think many of the outlets and mainstream versions of Star Wars can present a greater feeling of the struggle of good vs. evil, which is pretty much the only thing the 2 shows have in common.

Deleted
    Star Wars, by a mile.